No announcement yet.

Wade Phillips fired - Jason Garrett new HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big question is who takes over next year. What happens if Garrett rallies the troops and gets to 7-9 or 8-8? He would have to be fired to bring in a new head coach. Plenty to still talk about.

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
      Another thing to be happy about: If you're like any Cowboy fan I've met and you hate Garrett, his reign of terror will get shortened assuming he does as bad as you all think he'll do. If Jerry was going to hire him in the off season anyway, he will probably still be coaching next year, but you get an extra half season to start revolting.
      My biggest fear is that JJ makes up some lame excuse for Garrett. Not getting a "fair shot" or "clean slate". So he decides to retain him. The Garrett's and Jones' are like family...it just wouldnt shock me. But it would be incredibly stupid.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        He did coach us to two division titles. It wasnt all bad.
        Wade Phillips is a winner. He's been a winner his whole career.

But if you want any playoff success, you can't hire him as your HC, so ultimately I was fine with him in Dallas bc I always felt he'd screw up for you guys when it mattered the most.

Think about it, the one playoff win you guys had was against an Eagles team that backpeddled into the playoffs, that was so banged up just about anyone would beat them.

Then the following week the Vikings destroyed the Cowboys.

You guys weren't going anywhere with Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
          The big question is who takes over next year. What happens if Garrett rallies the troops and gets to 7-9 or 8-8? He would have to be fired to bring in a new head coach. Plenty to still talk about.
          Zero chance of this happening. An interim coaching change isnt going to automatically spark one of the worst offensive lines in the league. The offense isnt going to look different at all. Garrett will continue to call the same plays and we'll continue to have no success running behind that line. The secondary isnt going to all of a sudden learn how to cover better. haha. Add to the fact, that Garrett isnt even that well respected by the players. He has been openly questioned about his game planning and play calling, many a time, by the players on this team, on both sides of the ball. Garrett has been a bigger problem than Wade has over the years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            The media only cares about news that makes money. Talking about Green Bay does nothing for their pockets.
            I'm not talking just about Green bay.

But while we're on the subject Green Bay is actually one of the more profitable franchises in the NFL. There's plenty of money to be had there ( not in the same class as Dallas, Pitt, or skins obviously)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Wade Phillips is a winner. He's been a winner his whole career.

But if you want any playoff success, you can't hire him as your HC, so ultimately I was fine with him in Dallas bc I always felt he'd screw up for you guys when it mattered the most.

Think about it, the one playoff win you guys had was against an Eagles team that backpeddled into the playoffs, that was so banged up just about anyone would beat them.

Then the following week the Vikings destroyed the Cowboys.

You guys weren't going anywhere with Wade.
              You cannot blame that Vikings loss on Wade. Our offensive line, the same offensive line that gets raped on a weekly basis, was destroyed from start to finish. That line always wears down by December and later on...they're all too fat for their own good. Our late season offensive line struggles coincide with Romo's Decemeber struggles and into the playoffs. It was a revolving door against the Vikes. That loss is not on Wade or Romo. It was pathetic and the line is getting beat just as bad this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Why did I think rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic when I heard this on ESPN?

He did coach us to two division titles. It wasnt all bad.
                Nor was he the worst HC in the NFL, there were at least 2 worse named Childress & Singletary. Here's my Schottenheimer Award list for worst NFL Head Coach:

The Worst List IMHO:
                1) Childress: Poor control of his shortfused redheaded personality temper translated into little or no control of his team, lost the locker room over Randy ******* Moss, how smart is that? Guy's an idiot.
                2) Singletary: Good asst. just clueless in game mgmt..... rah-rah "3-minute yeller" type at best, at worst he gets players hurt with bonehead moves.
                3) Maybe Wade, just too soft in camp, in presesaon, & & the regular season was just plain team suicide, & it came straight from the top too, firing was overdue & deserved.
                3A) Maybe Lovie Smith: Throwing the red flag is all he knows how to do, & gets that wrong most of the time.
                4) Andy "Big Gut" Reid: Incredibly overrated, how many tmes have his assts. bailed him out? How many playoff games including a Super Bowl did he botch with poor playcalling, time mgmt, etc? A lot.
                5) Rahim Morris:just for making that asinine statement about his below-avg. team being the best in conference. Not false confidence, just effing moronic.
                6) Tom Coughlin: Ask Jags fans how they felt about his ruining their team, he's an overpromoted HS coach, winning a SB saved his job when the team mutinied.

edit: was going to add Mangini, but Cleveland has turned it around the last 2 games including a shallacking of the Patriots so he has to have some credit.
                Last edited by LizardState; 11-08-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                  If Garrett does that good of a job, I think he should stay, but I would look for the things the Cowboys do right that they didn't do when Phillips was there. This is all a bunch of what ifs though. Phillips was completely lost out there and had to go.
                  The bigger question would be is there going to be a next year. We're seeing teams hang on to coaches who should have been fired or hiring much cheaper coaches because they still have to pay those guys in 2011, even if they have no one to coach. Owners are playing it much more conservatively because of the CBA.

Comment

How good (or bad) of a DC is Wade though? My Texans sure could use some help on D.

Comment

You cannot blame that Vikings loss on Wade. Our offensive line, the same offensive line that gets raped on a weekly basis, was destroyed from start to finish. That line always wears down by December and later on...they're all too fat for their own good. Our late season offensive line struggles coincide with Romo's Decemeber struggles and into the playoffs. It was a revolving door against the Vikes. That loss is not on Wade or Romo. It was pathetic and the line is getting beat just as bad this year.
                      I think most people are recognizing Romo as the unsung hero of the Cowboys right now. They weren't good earlier this year when he was playing, but they were competitive in almost every game. Since he's been hurt they completely rolled over. He definitely looks like the glue that was holding that team together and maybe the only leader on the team.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolas View Post
                        How good (or bad) of a DC is Wade though? My Texans sure could use some help on D.
                        He's always been a very highly regarded coordinator. One of the best 34 defensive guys in the league. A guru of sorts.

And he had our defense playing at an elite level, up until this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Coughlin is a perfectly fine coach, and outside of godawful clock management and pretty eh offensive play calling, Reid is capable enough. Chain Gailey, John Fox, Norv Turner, Kubiak, Caldwell (he really isn't a coach but that doesn't matter), and JDR are all worse.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                            Why did I think rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic when I heard this on ESPN?

Nor was he the worst HC in the NFL, there were at least 2 worse named Childress & Singletary. Here's my Schottenheimer Award list for worst NFL Head Coach:

The Worst List IMHO:
                            1) Childress: Poor control of his shortfused redheaded personality temper translated into little or no control of his team, lost the locker room over Randy ******* Moss, how smart is that? Guy's an idiot.
                            2) Singletary: Good asst. just clueless in game mgmt..... rah-rah "3-minute yeller" type at best, at worst he gets players hurt with bonehead moves.
                            3) Maybe Wade, just too soft in camp, in presesaon, & & the regular season was just plain team suicide, & it came straight from the top too, firing was overdue & deserved.
                            3A) Maybe Lovie Smith: Throwing the red flag is all he knows how to do, & gets that wrong most of the time.
                            4) Andy "Big Gut" Reid: Incredibly overrated, how many tmes have his assts. bailed him out? How many playoff games including a Super Bowl did he botch with poor playcalling, time mgmt, etc? A lot.
                            5) Rahim Moore :just for making that asinine statement about his below-avg. team being the best in conference. Not false confidence, just effing moronic.
                            6) Tom Coughlin: Ask Jags fans how they felt about his ruining their team, he's an overpromoted HS coach, winning a SB saved his job when the team mutinied.
                            Raheem Morris.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                              I think most people are recognizing Romo as the unsung hero of the Cowboys right now. They weren't good earlier this year when he was playing, but they were competitive in almost every game. Since he's been hurt they completely rolled over. He definitely looks like the glue that was holding that team together and maybe the only leader on the team.
                              It's funny...how much hate the guy gets. But look how horrible we are without him. Our line is complete garbage, and yet Romo still manages to scramble and dodge his way to 300 yard games week after week. He really should be commended, because this offense is garbage without him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Why the Raheem Morris hate with the turnover Tampa Bay has had this year?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information