Wade Phillips fired - Jason Garrett new HC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
    Wade did his best Barry Switzer imitation, and failed.
    Are you sure?

Comment

I meant in taking the previous coaches talent and winning a superbowl. In which Switzer did.

Nice try tho bro!!!...

Comment

While I would enjoy Bobby Cox err Bill Cowher's failure in Dallas, I don't think it will happen.

I don't think anyone good will go there as long as Jerry insists on being the front office guy.

Comment

I don't want cowher, he is over rated.

Give me Perry Fewell.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
            While I would enjoy Bobby Cox err Bill Cowher's failure in Dallas, I don't think it will happen.

I don't think anyone good will go there as long as Jerry insists on being the front office guy.
            You wanna take a stab at just how many head coaches in the NFL are just head coaches, who don't have GM power?

Jerry has shown that he is willing to allow the HC get involved in personnel decisions. He has shown that he will draft guys who the HC wants. He has shown that if the HC wants a certain player in FA, that he'll go after him and spend BIG bucks. Jerry is about as supportive a GM as there is out there. He stepped up and has taken on the blame for this year. He's openly said that. But when things go well, he wants to be apart of the reason why they succeeded to. It's natural.
            Last edited by D-Unit; 11-08-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
              I don't want cowher, he is over rated.

Give me Perry Fewell.
              One thing you've got going for you is an above-average (at least) front 7 built for the 3-4. I don't think Fewell has any experience running that scheme, and I don't know how well those guys would switch to a 4-3.

What about Rob Ryan? He'd keep the 3-4, is a big personality, and has no experience in team building so Jerry would still get to keep picking the players. He's also managed to keep an underwhelming Browns defense (in the front 7 at least) reasonably competitive and the success of his brother will only help him further.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                What about Rob Ryan? He'd keep the 3-4, is a big personality, and has no experience in team building so Jerry would still get to keep picking the players. He's also managed to keep an underwhelming Browns defense (in the front 7 at least) reasonably competitive and the success of his brother will only help him further.
                He's not interested and please never bring up his name again. Thank you.

Honestly, I don't know if he's ever wanted to be a head coach. His name never seems to come up when that conversation arises but Rex's always has... Rob might just be happy running a defense.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  You wanna take a stab at just how many head coaches in the NFL are just head coaches, who don't have GM power?

Jerry has shown that he is willing to allow the HC get involved in personnel decisions. He has shown that he will draft guys who the HC wants. He has shown that if the HC wants a certain player in FA, that he'll go after him and spend BIG bucks. Jerry is about as supportive a GM as there is out there. He stepped up and has taken on the blame for this year. He's openly said that. But when things go well, he wants to be apart of the reason why they succeeded to. It's natural.
                  It's been reported that Bill Cowher isn't going anywhere unless he brings Kevin Colbert with him. Is Jerry Jones gonna be cool with that?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Bill Parcells had Quincy Carter and Drew freaking Bledsoe as his qbs during most of his tenior.

He only had Romo for less than a full year. HUGE difference when comparing records. If BP had Romo while he still had some juice left in his body, he probably leaves Dallas with a trophy.
                    I really doubt it. BP was passed his prime as a coach when we got him. And a lot of the players didnt even like playing for him. Our defense was still a mess, as well.

The fact remains that people still seem to think we won a lot under BP and we really didnt.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                      He's not interested and please never bring up his name again. Thank you.

Honestly, I don't know if he's ever wanted to be a head coach. His name never seems to come up when that conversation arises but Rex's always has... Rob might just be happy running a defense.
                      Rob Ryan Rob Ryan Rob Ryan. I'm going to mention him for every opening now :p

The fact that their father was such a hot head and could never match his success as a coordinator as a head coach held them both back. But Rex is looking at putting his Jets in the playoffs 2 straight years now, and their defense is what it's cracked up to be.

Rob could be the loud, boisterous coach that Wade wasn't while still knowing his place under Jerry. It's a relationship I think could work....Emperor Jerry would have his Darth Vader.

Comment

• I mean it's no secret...but I think it's pretty funny that a lot of dudes are reporting that Garrett doesnt have that many fans in the lockeroom. There arent many that want to play for the guy. I dont know what Jerry expects, they dont respect Garrett. A lot of his biggest critics are the guys he coaches. Garrett was in over his head as coordinator...now he's the Head Coach. I dont expect anything to get better this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                          It's been reported that Bill Cowher isn't going anywhere unless he brings Kevin Colbert with him. Is Jerry Jones gonna be cool with that?
                          I honestly don't think Jerry would be interested in Cowher. For me, I'm a Gruden fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            I honestly don't think Jerry would be interested in Cowher. For me, I'm a Gruden fan.
                            Ah, if bringing in a bunch of veterans and being mediocre in the draft is more your flavor, then Gruden is definitely your man.

Comment

• Ah, if bringing in a bunch of veterans and being mediocre in the draft is more your flavor, then Gruden is definitely your man.
                              Gruden scapegoats players too, that would be counterproductive with this team as it was when he in Oakland.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              Rob Ryan Rob Ryan Rob Ryan. I'm going to mention him for every opening now :p

The fact that their father was such a hot head and could never match his success as a coordinator as a head coach held them both back. But Rex is looking at putting his Jets in the playoffs 2 straight years now, and their defense is what it's cracked up to be.

Rob could be the loud, boisterous coach that Wade wasn't while still knowing his place under Jerry. It's a relationship I think could work....Emperor Jerry would have his Darth Vader.
                              Mentioned him last wk, speculation that this would happen has been ongoing with the Dallas team pg for months, ever since the embarrassing opener at Washington. And Rob Ryan is anything but soft, he would work their asses off if they quit in a game like in GB.

His father Buddy Ryan got into a macho one-upmanship with Ditka in Chicago in the mid-80s with the Bears with both claiming credit for the 85 Bearts super team, & Ditka lost. Buddy Ryan was a sgt. in the Korean War, after that he was well qualified to give NFL players toughness lessons as his twin often love to relate. Only an ignoramus like Ditka would try to posture as a tough guy confronting Buddy Ryan as a rival on his staff. In the case of Rob Ryan I don;t think the apple fell too far.

Toughness by the truckload is what the elite Cowboys need. Skill is there but it was allowed to rot on the vine IMO.

And Ryan has draft skills, while the Oakland offense remained awful a couple of HCs ago he rebuilt their defense from 04 to 08 through it primarily, found Pro Bowler Ndami Asomugha among others, & he seems to making improvements in Cleveland (who won their last 2 including soundly thrashing the Patriots yesterday) . He would have the best tools of his career to work with in Dallas but focus & motivation are in short supply there, if nothing else hire him away as the DC.

Odds are Jones will stick with Garrett though b/c although Cowher's name is most frequently mentioned Jerry Jones would have to stroke him & kiss butt to get him to take the job & those arent Jerry's strong suits, he isn't a magnetic personality by any means. Cowher can retire on top & maybe take his alma mater NC St. job sometime in the future just to have something to do when he gets up in the mornings, he owns his retirement home in Raleigh, why should he go to Dallas? I don't see it.
                              Last edited by LizardState; 11-08-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                Mentioned him last wk, speculation that this would happen has been ongoing with the Dallas team pg for months, ever since the embarrassing opener at Washington. And Rob Ryan is anything but soft, he would work their asses off if they quit in a game like in GB.

His father Buddy Ryan got into a macho one-upmanship with Ditka in Chicago in the mid-80s with the Bears, & Ditka lost. Buddy was a sgt. in the Korean War, after that he could give NFL players toughness lessons. Only an ignoramus like Ditka would try to posture as a tough guy with Buddy Rayn on his staff. In the case of Rob Ryan the apple didnt fall too far.

Toughness by the truckload is what the elite Cowboys need. Skill is there but it was allowed to rot on the vine IMO
                                They didn't get along, but they won a title put together the best defense in the modern era of the NFL....there were a few times they almost came to blows, and would constantly overrule eachother in games.

All aside from the point though....I think Rob would make a worthy head coach in this league, and Dallas would be a good fit for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information