Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs and Derrick Johnson agree to extension

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ear-extension/

Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson will be staying with the team for years to come.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Johnson and the team reached an agreement on a five-year contract extension.

Adam Caplan of FOXSports.com reports that the deal is worth just over $34 million with $15 million guaranteed.

This makes me happy.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Next Hali...

Comment

And then Charles/Flowers.

Comment

I'm guessing he turned his career around after getting benched. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
            I'm guessing he turned his career around after getting benched. Good for him.
            Haley and Crennel are exactly what DJ needed. He has been a beast this year. Too bad he can't catch, or he'd easily have 5-6 picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
              Next Hali...
              Originally posted by vidae View Post
              And then Charles/Flowers.
              Here's the thing, if any of those guys don't end up long term Chiefs is this a great signing? Either way congrats, DJ has become a good player, i like watching him.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                Here's the thing, if any of those guys don't end up long term Chiefs is this a great signing? Either way congrats, DJ has become a good player, i like watching him.
                I think it's still a good signing. It shows the rest of the team that players who have been in the dog house and have worked their way out of it get rewarded. It shows the rest of the team that hard work pays off under Haley and Pioli.

And I find it really hard to believe that we don't resign all three of those guys anyway. They're cornerstones of this team for the next decade.

Comment

Hali is going no where Todd raves about him and he doesn't like talking up players.

Comment

well this eases the pain somewhat of yesterday

Comment

He's still my favorite linebacker prospect since I started following the draft heavily (which was in 2004). He was an absolute beast at Texas and Im glad he's finally starting to live up to his potential. I honestly thought he was gunna get traded out of KC and then go on to dominate for another team as a 4-3 WILL. But Im really happy for him and for Chiefs fans that he has panned out.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

He's still my favorite linebacker prospect since I started following the draft heavily (which was in 2004). He was an absolute beast at Texas and Im glad he's finally starting to live up to his potential. I honestly thought he was gunna get traded out of KC and then go on to dominate for another team as a 4-3 WILL. But Im really happy for him and for Chiefs fans that he has panned out.
                        I'm going to pretend that you didn't just punk Patrick Willis like that! I too loved him as a prospect, that was about the same time that I started to follow the NFL/Draft as well.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                          I'm going to pretend that you didn't just punk Patrick Willis like that! I too loved him as a prospect, that was about the same time that I started to follow the NFL/Draft as well.
                          Patrick Willis wasn't even my favorite LB prospect in his own draft, Lawrence Timmons was. I thought Willis would be very good but would never be elite, while I thought Timmons would be the next Derrick Brooks.

Comment

Congrats to probably the best LB to ever set foot in the 40 acres.

Comment

Happy for DJ. He has been playing well.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information