Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Rob Ryan deserve to be on the Head Coaching radar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    What about Rob to the Texans?

    Kubiak may be on his way out with the way the team fell apart down the stretch and they have some very interesting pieces for him to use on defense.

    They could get McDaniels to come in and handle the offense, I think he'd do well there with the weapons they have and would get the most out their players.

    idk i dont know too much about the texans but just the idea of rob ryan moving mario williams around to create hell for the offense would be fun to see.
    Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
    Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

    Comment


    • #47
      as it relates to gameday coaching, I do not see what makes Rex Ryan a good coach. He knows defense and how to plan them, but he does not seem to bring much to the table on gameday and I hope that helps keep Rob in Cleveland

      Comment


      • #48
        The Ryan's are nice defensive minds, for sure but based on their personalities and what Rex has already shown, I question their ability to run a team, a game clock or challenges. Like Buddy they're good X's and O's guys but don't give them the keys to your franchise.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
          as it relates to gameday coaching, I do not see what makes Rex Ryan a good coach. He knows defense and how to plan them, but he does not seem to bring much to the table on gameday and I hope that helps keep Rob in Cleveland
          Originally posted by 6270410908 View Post
          The Ryan's are nice defensive minds, for sure but based on their personalities and what Rex has already shown, I question their ability to run a team, a game clock or challenges. Like Buddy they're good X's and O's guys but don't give them the keys to your franchise.

          What is it that Rex does poorly in games? I feel like the D usually starts slowly as he feels out the O then they come on most of the time.

          What things in particular is he doing bad? How can you tell? What things do you see a good coach doing? Just curious, i feel like people here say the coach is poor in game about a lot of guys and i just dont see what theyre talking about so im curious.
          Originally posted by Thumper/JBCX/Bixby
          Orton will never be in the same class as the Drew Brees or the Peyton Mannings or the Tom Bradys of the world. Kevin Kolb has the potential to be that kind of player.

          Comment


          • #50
            We don't have a large enough sample size to determine if he's a good coach or not.

            Let's see how the Jets do if/when they get to the playoffs. That's all that really matters.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              We don't have a large enough sample size to determine if he's a good coach or not.

              Let's see how the Jets do if/when they get to the playoffs. That's all that really matters.
              Agreed. People forget that Rex is in his 2nd season as a HC.

              Sig by BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by hockey619 View Post
                What is it that Rex does poorly in games? I feel like the D usually starts slowly as he feels out the O then they come on most of the time.

                What things in particular is he doing bad? How can you tell? What things do you see a good coach doing? Just curious, i feel like people here say the coach is poor in game about a lot of guys and i just dont see what theyre talking about so im curious.
                Rex seems to have no feel for the game whatsoever. We seem to forget his clock management issues and the way he mismanages challenges way too quickly. And how the hell do you put a punter on the field that apparently is in lala land and doesn't know the distance on the down? And you give that punter full discretion to fake-run when he sees fit. What does that say about the team? It looks like a team full of bluster with 0 discipline and honestly, not really that smart.

                Comment

                Working...
                X

                Debug Information