Who will be the next Dallas Head Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vidae View Post
    Isn't it about time Leslie Frazier got a shot? I voted him.
    indeed sir

Comment

Schefter said at HT that it won't be Cowher. I voted Gruden.

Comment

Lovie Smith
        I can dream, can't I?
        But someone who won't oppose Jerry as much would be the hire, so Billick and Cohwer are out, I'll go with John Fox.

Comment

I dont think there is any chance in hell that either Gruden or Cower go, everywhere they have coached they have had a big say in the personnel decisions. Jones and those 2 dont see like very good fits.

Anyone think that Jim Harbaugh might be in the running? I think if Luck leaves hes gonna head to the NFL.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
            Isn't it about time Leslie Frazier got a shot? I voted him.
            Oh he'll get an interview for sure.

I think Jerry realizes at the moment that he might have to step back a bit again and cede some control.
            The best times he's ever had were with Jimmy Johnson and Big Bill there, with him toning it down a bit.

If Gruden could handle Al Davis, can he handle Jerry?

If he doesn't get a big name, the Giants DC should be his guy. Not only a bright young mind, but also to **** with the Giants.

Comment

Personally, I think the Bills really should've kept Fewell as their head coach. He did a solid job last year.

Comment

I voted Cowher, but I have no idea.

I wonder if Jerry would be interested in Saban?

Comment

Im thinking Gruden or Garrett keeps the job

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                    I doubt it will be Cowher. He wants control but so does Jerry Jones...
                    cowher didnt ever want or have control in the steelers....colbert does the drafting and the rooneys have always called most of the shots, just not in the jerry jones way...in the public
                    E]

Comment

I don't really care, but I do know that all the insufferable coverage the Cowboys get would be a lot more tolerable if Gruden were the coach. I want Chucky back on the sidelines.

Comment

I went with Fox. In agreement with what they say in the article from PFT, he got a lot out of not a lot. Those years that they went to the playoffs with Delhomme...Fox could be the guy. He likes running the ball, the Cowboys have three quality backs. And as for defense, I think he could easily hire a 3-4 coordinator.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Im pretty sure thats already been announced.
                          Sad but true, at the end of the day, or yr in this case of a whole round of exhaustive interviews I think it will fall to the default position of Garrett, who's the 2nd generation crown prince who literally grew up in the team after all.

Jerry may not even touch the big names of Gruden, Cowher or even Billick, there can only be one alpha male running the show there -- the Parcells tenure of 2 alphas was an ongoing compromise requiring give & take with every game, every draft & event. Memories of that should keep Jerry away from other headline-grabbers.

Fox is a nice guy, too nice in fact, as Wade was. We've seen in the no mercy NFL just how nice guys finish last. Not only that but the lingering bad taste in the fans mouth is intolerable, getting your ass handed to you game after game, wk. after wk. tends to make fans hate even pleasant nice guys.

Best compromise candidate as I've said before would be Rob Ryan, from an NFL FB family who knows the territory & the draft, wouldn't coddle the primadonnas & big names on the roster or tolerate a soft & underperforming defense, proven track rcd. of success as an asst. & most important, who's worked for overbearing owner tyrants before like Al Davis

Comment

I voted for Billick. I agree that Jones will not go for an Alpha dog like Cowher or even Gruden. However I also don't think he wants to bring in another lame duck yes man like Wade Phillips. I think Billick offers him a nice balance. While strong enough to control his players Billick also had to work under Ozzie Newsome who was definitely the head guy in Baltimore and they had success doing that.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Mike Zimmer's name getting tossed around a lot...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Fox or Frazier would be my guess. Jerry needs a good coach, but not a big time coach that will over shadow him. Plus the coach has to put up with Jerry. I can see Fox or Frazier being a good fit. Any other new coordinator would work too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information