Who will be the next Dallas Head Coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by descendency View Post
    Every Giants, Eagles, and Redskins fan just started praying for Jim Zorn.

Hardy fell because he's a walking injury and while he will show flashes, might be out of the NFL 3-4 years. The rest are kind of baffling.
    Being a "bulky" 275 hurt his stock too. He no longer was viewed as a tweener who can play both schemes. Even with his injury history, he had no business falling to the 6th round.

Bc he's built strictly as a 4-3 DE, only half the teams in the league would be interested in him. Think about that. That's why the 4-3 is where its at right now.

And this is coming from a guy who is probably the biggest 3-4 defense fan on this board.

Comment

So BBD, can I here your plan to fix the cowboys if your in charge? Coaching, schemes, FA, Draft, cuts, everything.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CDCB14 View Post
        So BBD, can I here your plan to fix the cowboys if your in charge? Coaching, schemes, FA, Draft, cuts, everything.

Thanks.
        Hmmm, that's tough bc I haven't followed the draft or FA much yet so I can't really mention specific players. But here's a try:

HC: Mike Zimmer

OC and DC is whoever he pleases. Mike Zimmer has ties to the organization and knows how they work, he's a no nonsense guy who doesn't take crap and will teach discipline. He is intense in camp, he'll have intense practices and training camps.

He'll be a disciplinarian. He was under Parcells so he has pedigree. He runs a 4-3 scheme, and an aggressive scheme.

He'll put guys in the right place to succeed on defense, and just being a defensive guy and coaching under Parcells, I'd assume he would want to run the ball on offense.

As far as personnel moves are concerned:

You obvioulsy need a CB and a Safety, maybe 2 safeties. You need a WILL to convert to a 4-3. Youre fine at DE, but you can use another DT. Resign Spears for cheap and have him play NT. Ratliff is your UT. Get Fred Evans in FA to help with the DT rotation. Draft a pass rushing DT for depth in your nickel.

You need oline help so draft that as well. But you can't fix all those holes in 1 year, so you gotta pick your spots.

Comment

He would probably draft Peterson, that gives you the 1,2 punch you need at CB. He'd motivate Jenkins. If Kiwi is available, I would absolutely go after him to have a nice 3 DE rotation.

Fred Evans adds depth at DT. Resign Spears, I'm telling you he'll florish as a 43 NT.

If Tarnard Jackson walks, get him. He's very underrated. If not, George Wilson of Buffalo is a nice stop gap, as is Deon Grant, who is playing excellent despite his age.

Comment

Mike Zimmer? Idk. That would be nice for you as a Giants fan... lol.

Comment

would ware be able to play sam in a 43?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                would ware be able to play sam in a 43?
                DE all the way.

Comment

I think Jerry may actually dip into the college ranks this time. He did it with Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I think Jerry may actually dip into the college ranks this time. He did it with Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer.
                    Harbaugh? Saban?
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                      Harbaugh? Saban?
                      I think Saban thinks to highly of himself to be a good NFL HC where losing is just a part of the game. He's set at Alabama for a while, where he can win a lot for a long time... me thinks.

Harbaugh is a possibility. I think Stoops would be at the top of his wish list though.

Comment

Zimmer would work pretty well. They could conceivably run a hybrid, if they have a lineup of Spencer on the strong side, Sean Lee or Bradie James in the middle, Jason Williams on the weakside and Ware either on the line or standing up. They should go back to a zone scheme on coverage with the personnel they have.

Comment

Bob Stoops has asked for total control of an NFL team to make that jump from Oklahoma before, HC & GM, + $5M a yr.

No takers so far.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                            Harbaugh? Satan?
                            Fixed.
                            When hell freezes over on Nick, I'd say.

Comment

Idk if i'd want Stoops, but i'd definitely be on board with Harbaugh. Although Stoops does have some balls, not gonna lie.

Comment

Watch Stoops is gonna be one of the first ones to be contacted, just watch. There wouldn't even be a coaching hunt if he wanted this job, but he's set at OU and I don't think there is anyway he leaves, but I don't want to take a risk on a College coach anyway.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information