Jim Mora says: Cowboy need to cut Mike Jenkins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's true.

While we're on the subject, why don't more Special Teams coaches get any love? Look at Harbaugh. It can work.

And STs coaches are experienced with both offensive and defensive players. And won't have an ego and try to build the team in one direction over the other, they'd be more balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I think Rob is overrated.

When did he ever have a great defense? When did he ever overachieve with his unit?
      This year. He's getting a respectable performance out of a defense that, especially in the front 7, has NO ONE. Getting by with Ahytba Rubin and....Scott Fujita? Chris Gocong? In the Rob Ryan thread floating around here I tried to name as many of their front 7 defenders as I could and got stuck after like 3....Yet, they've been respectable enough to beat two contending teams this year.

That's true.

While we're on the subject, why don't more Special Teams coaches get any love? Look at Harbaugh. It can work.

And STs coaches are experienced with both offensive and defensive players. And won't have an ego and try to build the team in one direction over the other, they'd be more balanced.
      Dave Toub. I'd hate to lose him, but he is an amazing Special Teams coach. After Harbaugh got the Ravens job and succeeded, I was afraid Toub might be next because the Bears special teams are regularly one of the best units in the league. But since then, no one else has gone after any ST coaches so we might be safe.

Comment

Why play hard when your team is 1-6. Your season is over. Hate it if you want, but the team is done.
        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
          Exactly. Players LOVE playing for Rob Ryan, just like they do with Rex. I've always been impressed by his defensive packages/schemes, though I do realize that he has a tendency to revert to 'vanilla' formations from time to time.
          I think Rex Ryan's success has kind of influenced the way people view Rob's defense. Its 2 very different defensive schemes. Rex is much more aggressive, especially in passing situations. Rex will consistently leave his DB's in 0 coverage whereas Rob has a tendency to play alot more of the soft zone that is popular in the NFL right now. I've spent alot of time studying both defenses closely (I'm one of the Ravens fans who still feels we should have made Rex HC), and I can tell you there is a hell of a lot more aggressiveness in Rex's defense then Rob's. I'm not saying Rob can't be a head coach, but he isn't the same coach as Rex is.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I think Rob is overrated.

When did he ever have a great defense? When did he ever overachieve with his unit?
            With the Oakland defense he 90% rebuilt. Drafted an unknown quantity in Asomugha who was a Cal local player & JAG, now a Pro Bowl corner & one of if not the best in the game, 3rd or 4th rounder MLB Kirk Morrison from San Diego St. who led them in tackles as a rookie & 2nd yr man, DE Tyler Brayton from Colorado with the last pick of the 1st rd. (played out of position at OLB & was ineffective, moved back to DE & was effective), now with Carolina, Michael Huff at safety from Texas now in his 5th yr.... definite across the board talent upgrade. Their offense was dead last in the NFL but their defense may not have been great but became formidable & that was done by Ryan from 04-08.

btw waht does Mora know about it? how many yrs has he been out of the NFL? tell him to have Coke & a smile & shut tf up
            Last edited by LizardState; 11-09-2010, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              I'd still take him over a bunch of CB's in that draft class, and even in a down year is still better then DRC and McKelvin who were taken before him, as well as Cason who I wanted that was taken shortly after. I hate when players act like pussies, and play when they want to, but unfortunately he's one of those types, but at least I know he's talented and what he's capable of doing.
              McKelvin's been clearly better this year, I'd add TT to the list of Corners from that draft that are better than Jenkins this year. He had a very good year last year, but he's been very disappointing this year.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                Why play hard when your team is 1-6.
                Exactly. They should cut the pay of the guys who are on bad teams too.

I mean, if you're going to dog it just because the team isn't doing well, then why pay the guy? If team success is your only motivation to live up to your contract, then the whole "money" thing shouldn't be a problem.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

The lack of any good safety play has really made the job tough on our corners. I'm surprised nobody has recognized that yet.

I'll tell you one thing... if Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle were our safeties, then our corners would be looking a lot diffrently, as well as our entire defense. That's why Patrick Peterson makes the most sense for us... he's almost a carbon copy of Rolle.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    The lack of any good safety play has really made the job tough on our corners. I'm surprised nobody has recognized that yet.

I'll tell you one thing... if Kenny Phillips and Antrel Rolle were our safeties, then our corners would be looking a lot diffrently, as well as our entire defense. That's why Patrick Peterson makes the most sense for us... he's almost a carbon copy of Rolle.
                    PP is bigger and i think faster than Rolle.....6'1 220+ to 6'0 208. Even if PP's are exaggerated slightly, he still seems even bigger.

I think a team taking him to strictly play him at S would get a good safety, but I'd love to see what a guy with his abilities can do at CB in the pros. Unreal size and speed combo.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

*shrug* was it any different with Webster and Thomas last year when CC Brown and Michael Johnsonwere making everyone look terrible? People don't like excuses...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I think it's unfair to call Jenkins overrated. Overrated based on what? If it's based on last season, he's not overrated. He played great even if he was 1 on 1 most of the time. He had a superb season last year and that was one of the main reasons why our defense was so good, especially down the stretch. If it's based on this season, well no one has said that he's been playing good. He's having a horrible season just like a lot of his teammates.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          PP is bigger and i think faster than Rolle.....6'1 220+ to 6'0 208. Even if PP's are exaggerated slightly, he still seems even bigger.

I think a team taking him to strictly play him at S would get a good safety, but I'd love to see what a guy with his abilities can do at CB in the pros. Unreal size and speed combo.
                          CB is the more valueable position, his current position, and projected position. Just like Malcolm Jenkins and Antrell Rolle he'll get his shot at CB first, it would be a mistake to try him at FS right away IMO. We can get a guy like Deunta Williams early in the 2nd round if we choose, and Peterson & Jenkins makes a nice CB duo.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                            He wasn't all that good last year in his "breakout season"
                            Ummm no. Actually, he was excellent. I'll be the first to admit, he's played like ass this year, but he was fantastic last season. Now Maclin got the best of him in a game, but he was pretty much locking down anyone who opposed him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

I've said it before, but he doesnt have the greatest attitude. He can get demoralized if he gets beat, but when he's got it going...he plays with an unmatched swagger, and just gets better and better as the game wears on. He has all the talent in the world, but a pretty bad attitude to go with it. As is the case with many players.

He needs a good kick in the ass every once and a while. And yes, schematic changes and better safety play will help him out as well. I'm not worried about him yet...but he needs to learn to man up, because he has evidently quit before, when things get tough. And that crap just isnt going to fly...especially if we land one of those stronger willed coaches.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

That's true.

I think it is harder for a special teams coach to head coaching job because while they have experience in both offense and defense, they aren't masters of either. They have to have a good OC and DC to be successful. Harbaugh has the benefit of a strong organization. They have an offensive staff including Cam Cameron, Al Saunders and Jim Zorn, who I think actually over think the game. I like Harbaugh, he is a strong head coach who is just runs the locker room and balances the team.

Normally when a team is looking for a new head coach they are clearing house with the coordinators too. Do you want to hire a HC, a DC, and a OC or just 2 of them?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information