Jim Mora says: Cowboy need to cut Mike Jenkins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    *shrug* was it any different with Webster and Thomas last year when CC Brown and Michael Johnsonwere making everyone look terrible? People don't like excuses...
    Aren't you contradicting yourself in the same sentence? You say Brown and Johnson were making everyone look terrible, but Webster and Thomas were good? *shrug* Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Aren't you contradicting yourself in the same sentence? You say Brown and Johnson were making everyone look terrible, but Webster and Thomas were good? *shrug* Try again.
      Our safety situation last year was just as bad, if not worse, and quite frankly, even with that, our CBs had much better years than Jenkins is having this year.

Webster was having a great year until he got hurt, then he had a rough 4 games or so in a row after that and was above average but not shutdown after that.

TT was actually having an amazing year last year, even with the terrible safety play.

So while the safeties are surely part of the problem, they aren't the sole reason why Jenkins is having a terrible year. He's just having a bad year, that's all.

Look at the Jets. They basically run cover 0 every 3rd down and their safeties are terrible too. They manage.

Jenkins is just having a bad year.

Comment

Seems like a good fit in SF if he does get cut....

The one thing Singletary has done well is motivate unmotivated players.

Comment

there's less than a 1 percent chance he gets cut.

Comment

I think if I reranked the 08 corners Id rank Jenkins about 6th which is fine, id kick him in the nards if he did that on my team though

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
            - Corner or Wideout in the first
            - No reaching
            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Our safety situation last year was just as bad, if not worse, and quite frankly, even with that, our CBs had much better years than Jenkins is having this year.

Webster was having a great year until he got hurt, then he had a rough 4 games or so in a row after that and was above average but not shutdown after that.

TT was actually having an amazing year last year, even with the terrible safety play.

So while the safeties are surely part of the problem, they aren't the sole reason why Jenkins is having a terrible year. He's just having a bad year, that's all.

Look at the Jets. They basically run cover 0 every 3rd down and their safeties are terrible too. They manage.

Jenkins is just having a bad year.
              We're 1-7. I don't think there is a single player that is having a good year.

Oh wait.... there's Dez. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                I think if I reranked the 08 corners Id rank Jenkins about 6th which is fine, id kick him in the nards if he did that on my team though
                Seriously.... even if you or anyone else reranked them, nobody would care.

Nobody says, hmm let me rank the 2001 DE class and gets anything out of it. Who cares?

Comment

Cutting Jenkins would be the dumbest idea ever. Losing your best player (albeit lazy) on a crappy secondary is not a smart way to rebuild it.

BTW any Titans fans think Mike Heimerdinger is exactly what the cowboys need? I hope they don't give him the time of day though.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                  I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Most of the defense has been underachieving, including Jay Ratliff.

That was a pathetic play, but he's still a nice talent at corner. I wouldn't cut him.
                    Just play me, baby

Comment

Jim Mora is an idiot or just trying to be controversial. The Cowboys would just let him go down with the ship this season and trade him in the offseason. If he's poisoning the team, they are already poisoned, so it makes no difference. They won't be able to really clean house until the offseason and they have a coach (or Garrett signs on officially as coach and can come up with a plan to coach instead of coordinate).

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Jim Mora is literally fishing for a job. He's putting this out there in the hopes that Jerruh reads it and just goes 'yeah, that's the man we need, a tough guy.'

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          Exactly. They should cut the pay of the guys who are on bad teams too.

I mean, if you're going to dog it just because the team isn't doing well, then why pay the guy? If team success is your only motivation to live up to your contract, then the whole "money" thing shouldn't be a problem.
                          I know it's a capital sin in football to give up, but you're team is virtually eliminated (I think mathematically if the Giants win and the Cowboys lose). The worst thing that will happen to him is being cut. And based on recent performance, he'll get another deal.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

so he quit on the field, who cares

half the panthers team has quit off the field. jeff otah just went on IR after missing the first 8 weeks of the season after getting a knee scope. A KNEE SCOPE

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              I've said it before, but he doesnt have the greatest attitude. He can get demoralized if he gets beat, but when he's got it going...he plays with an unmatched swagger, and just gets better and better as the game wears on. He has all the talent in the world, but a pretty bad attitude to go with it. As is the case with many players.

He needs a good kick in the ass every once and a while. And yes, schematic changes and better safety play will help him out as well. I'm not worried about him yet...but he needs to learn to man up, because he has evidently quit before, when things get tough. And that crap just isnt going to fly...especially if we land one of those stronger willed coaches.
                              Is it really just about attitude? Clearly he has attitude issues, but even when the Cowboys began the season he still was playing really bad. Granted, he's super talented, but being talented and motivated still doesn't always result in productivity.

He was amazing last year, but is possible teams have adjusted to him in some shape or form?

Really I'm just spit balling ideas for the sake of discussion.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                                Is it really just about attitude? Clearly he has attitude issues, but even when the Cowboys began the season he still was playing really bad. Granted, he's super talented, but being talented and motivated still doesn't always result in productivity.

He was amazing last year, but is possible teams have adjusted to him in some shape or form?

Really I'm just spit balling ideas for the sake of discussion.
                                Jenkins actually started off the first few games just fine...but its gotten worse and worse. The dude is just really cocky, sometimes he thinks he's better than he is, imo. When he starts to get beat...things just start going down hill.

Add to the fact, that he's not getting away with as much of that shoving he was doing a year ago. A lot of the time, he's in great position, he just tries to be too physical sometimes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information