X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay Ork Wang
    started a topic Jim Mora says: Cowboy need to cut Mike Jenkins

Jim Mora says: Cowboy need to cut Mike Jenkins

Certainly, most football minds would agree the Dallas Cowboys have more issues than a mid-season change at head coach will remedy. Needless to say, every aspect of the 1-7 Cowboys and new interim coach Jason Garrett is now under the microscope.

Former NFL coach and current NFL Network analyst Jim Mora has a very strong opinion on where Garrett should start. After watching the 45-7 loss to the Packers, Mora didnt hold back his criticism of CB Mike Jenkins for his lack of effort on this 7-yard touchdown reception by James Jones .

To me, this is high treason, Mora said. An NFL football player does not turn down a play like that. And if Im Jason Garrett, the first thing that Im doing when I take over as the head coach of this team, is Im getting guys like that number 21, who absolutely committed treason, let his team down by passing up a tackle and let the ball get in the end zone Im taking him and Im getting him out of my locker room.

Mora had more to say when asked by Brian Billick about what he would do in Garretts shoes.

Id take (No.) 21 and get him out of my locker room, Mora continued. Guys who are not willing to lay it on the line for me and my football team, for this organization, I identify them and I either try to change them quickly, and if I dont think I can change them, I try to get rid of them.

At least Mora didnt leave us guessing as to how he really felt.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...-10-yd-pass-TD

This is the play they are talking about.

• Vikes99ej
    replied
    Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    Woah hold on there now sir. I do believe a certain LT from that team in Minnesota was selected as well last year
    Not saying Minnesota fans aren't ******** either, haha. Last year was an anomaly for us

Leave a comment:

• wicket
    replied
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    1. Brandon Flowers
    2. Aqib Talib(still not the hugest fan, but he's a beast in the Tampa 2, just not sure he would in another scheme)
    3. Terrell Thomas
    4. Mike Jenkins
    5. DRC
    6. McKelvin
    7. Brandon Carr
    8. Antoine Cason
    Id have Tracy Porter, DRC and McKelvin over Jenkins when I look at your ranking on top of TT , Flowers and Talib who you also have above him

Leave a comment:

• CC.SD
    replied
    Look on the bright side cowboy fans, at least he didn't pull this crap in a playoff game, giving away a game sealing td..................cro.

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    Didn't that mother ****** make a Pro Bowl last year? Stupid ass Cowboy fans
    Right, because it's not like he played great last year or anything. And even with how great he played he didn't even get in until a few people backed out, quit crying and bitching like he played like **** and got a pro bowl giftwrapped for him.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    He shouldn't be cut because there is obviously talent there. But he shouldn't have seen the field the remainder of that game. And his playing time should be taken away to motivate him. Send him a message and get him motivated for next season.

Leave a comment:

• AntoinCD
    replied
    Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    Woah hold on there now sir. I do believe a certain LT from that team in Minnesota was selected as well last year

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
    Jim Mora is literally fishing for a job. He's putting this out there in the hopes that Jerruh reads it and just goes 'yeah, that's the man we need, a tough guy.'
    This might be even worse than "Mike Vick is a coach killer!!!"

No, your son is a ****** coach. Mike Vick is the only reason he kept the Atlanta job for more than one season.

Leave a comment:

• Vikes99ej
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    I have never really been a big Aqib Talib fan, but then again Im not a fan of the Tampa 2. I really think it covers any real weaknesses in a CB's play. For example, the Colts have always had what seemed to be very good CBs(Tim Jennings aside) but they always struggle when they move on. Aqib Talib in a man scheme would be no better than mediocre IMO.
    I agree completely, which is why Talib would have been a terrible fit for what we ask out CB's to do. It's hard for me to hold it against him, he is playing well in the scheme he's in, but there are a ton of teams who he could go to and I think he'd look no better then average. I like more versatility in my CB's then what he has, or has shown.

Flowers on the other hand would be a monster in a Tampa 2, but he has that versatility to play a heavy man scheme without safety help, he's done it also. I was concerned about him in this regards pre-draft, just not as much as with Talib.

Leave a comment:

• AntoinCD
    replied
    Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    DRC

1. Brandon Flowers
    2. Aqib Talib(still not the hugest fan, but he's a beast in the Tampa 2, just not sure he would in another scheme)
    3. Terrell Thomas
    4. Mike Jenkins
    5. DRC
    6. McKelvin
    7. Brandon Carr
    8. Antoine Cason

I guess you could interchange DRC and Jenkins because their pretty similiar, but I wouldn't put anyone in 6-8 higher right now because they haven't played at a higher level then DRC or Jenkins at any one point. I still don't think Talib would be anywhere near as good in our scheme, and McKelvin is the wildcard because it's not like he still can't become a shutdown guy, it just hasn't happened probably as soon as Buffalo would have liked. Still this was a great year for a CB or RB, so there was talent pretty deep into the draft.
    I have never really been a big Aqib Talib fan, but then again Im not a fan of the Tampa 2. I really think it covers any real weaknesses in a CB's play. For example, the Colts have always had what seemed to be very good CBs(Tim Jennings aside) but they always struggle when they move on. Aqib Talib in a man scheme would be no better than mediocre IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Halsey
    replied
    There's like 5 to 10 CBs that are viewed as 'good' by popular opinion and the rest are viewed as 'sucking' by most people. NFL teams would never be able to keep a group of CBs together if they cut one every time he had a bad game or bad play. They play in a league in which the rules favor the pass catchers.

Leave a comment:

• LonghornsLegend
    replied
    Originally posted by wicket View Post
    I think if I reranked the 08 corners Id rank Jenkins about 6th which is fine, id kick him in the nards if he did that on my team though
    DRC
    McKelvin
    Aqib Talib
    Mike Jenkins
    Antoine Cason
    Brandon Flowers
    Terrell Thomas
    Brandon Carr

The only guys who have consistently been better then Jenkins have been Aqib Talib and Brandon Flowers. Thomas is better right now but he had a down season, I saw Roy Williams beat him pretty bad a few times when Roy was still sucking, and I don't think Thomas at his best was playing better then Jenkins at his best(JMO).

DRC has had really high moments especially in the playoff run, but he's been terrible of late. He probably gives more effort then Jenkins but their career path has been similiar. McKelvin hasn't been out there vs #1 WR's shutting down guys at an elite level but the potential is still there.

Cason has been solid, consistently good from what I've noticed but reason alot of people were afraid of him was because he was perceived to have a high floor but not the elite ceiling like so many others. Brandon Carr also has been really solid but don't think he's played as well as Jenks has.

So which 5 would you put above Jenkins? His rookie season was an average rookie season for any CB. He started off shaky, making some mistakes, showing flashes of being a shut down guy, and got better as the season went on. Hell the ironic thing about it all is Orlando Scandrick had a better rookie year then everyone on this list as he was a 5th rounder that season, but I'd probably rank them right now:

1. Brandon Flowers
    3. Terrell Thomas
    4. Mike Jenkins
    5. DRC
    6. McKelvin
    7. Brandon Carr
    8. Antoine Cason

I guess you could interchange DRC and Jenkins because their pretty similiar, but I wouldn't put anyone in 6-8 higher right now because they haven't played at a higher level then DRC or Jenkins at any one point. I still don't think Talib would be anywhere near as good in our scheme, and McKelvin is the wildcard because it's not like he still can't become a shutdown guy, it just hasn't happened probably as soon as Buffalo would have liked. Still this was a great year for a CB or RB, so there was talent pretty deep into the draft.

I used to think Antwaun Molden would be a top 10 CB in the league.

Leave a comment:

• AntoinCD
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
    I lol'd at the idea in general since it came from Mora. Like he'd have the balls to pull something like this as a coach.

But I agree Jenkins needs a strong move to show him this type of quit is unacceptable. He's too good to cut, but benching his ass for a game or two should make the point.
    Make a statement. Bench him from his starting role and put him on kick return and coverage duties and let him get beat up a bit

Leave a comment:

• FlyingElvis
    replied
    I lol'd at the idea in general since it came from Mora. Like he'd have the balls to pull something like this as a coach.

But I agree Jenkins needs a strong move to show him this type of quit is unacceptable. He's too good to cut, but benching his ass for a game or two should make the point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information