Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stafford re-injures shoulder, season over?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford re-injures shoulder, season over?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

Guys career could be done before we know it.

This makes me sad. It seems like the guy works hard, comes back, throws for 4 TDs, and then goes back out again immediately. The Lions are poised for a breakthrough and really need their QB. I hope they do IR him and let him rehab for next season. In the meantime, get some OL help eh?

Comment

The guy is going to have the injury prone label put on him now. It's sad because I like him as a QB for the Lions. I think he has good potential. However, the guy has to stay healthy. It's like every time he gets hit and falls on his arm or shoulder, something goes wrong.

Comment

It's true. I wasn't high on him coming out but when he's on the field, he's proven me wrong.
        I never saw injuries being an issue and it's sad that it is because this team seems poised to turn that corner.
        How does Pettigrew over Oher feel now? Must have stung when it happened and must now sting that much more
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I've never seen the Lions play, but I definitely know for a fact that Jeff Backus sucks. Definitely.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it was Backus himself who injured Stafford. Bastard just blindsided him and then high fived a Jets player.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Opps edited my re-post of the article.

Comment

It had nothing to do with his o-line, at least this time it didn't.

Comment

still better than joey harrington.

Comment

I said he was injury prone last year.

sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

Could our line be better? yes

Is our line bad? no

The first game of the season, Backus got owned on the play he got hurt, but him and the rest of our o-line has been playing very well, most importantly in pass protection. This injury has nothing to do with our o-line, he was running towards the sideline. And he is very brittle, which sucks, because I heard nothing about him being injury prone while coming out. So, please, before you start, dont say "oher would be great," or you're o line sucks, because as of the last 7 weeks, it most certainly does not.

Comment

Well this is unfortunate, as I put my fantasy squad in his hands when I traded away Eli.

Anyways, Stafford has been lights out when he's been on the field. Its too bad he can't stay on it. And for those blaming the offensive line, while the first time was definitely their fault, this one wasn't. He was scrambling for gods sake, got caught from behind and went down awkwardly. Just bad luck.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Damnit, now they'll probably win the patrick peterson sweepstakes.

Comment

This injury had nothing to do with the Oline. There was coverage, Stafford didn't need to run but he did, caught from behind and fell on his shoulder.
                          Backus is responsible for the first injury but that is basically his only bad play he has made this year and Backus was pretty good last year. Lions are good in pass protection this year(way better than previous years) and Backus is shutting down the best DEs. Oher wouldn't do **** for this team. Backus will be our LT next year and I have no problem with that unless LT is far and away BPA over a defensive back 7 player.

Staffords shoulder injury last year had nothing to do with the Oline either. Olines can't block for 10 seconds. It was a hail mary play and Stafford was running around waiting to make a play. The first injury, the knee injury there was pass protection issues but that was a combo block with Gosder Cherilus(who is playing much better this year in pass pro) and Stephen Peterman(who I would like to see replaced but mainly for running game purposes and dumb penalties).

QBs are going to get hit. Its just too bad Stafford keeps having these freak injuries falling on his shoulder. I don't think he was fully healed coming back and now we are paying the price. Hill should be back soon and thats the only good thing about this that Hill is a capable backup and was extended for next year just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                            I said he was injury prone last year.
                            No body cares what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                              I've never seen the Lions play, but I definitely know for a fact that Jeff Backus sucks. Definitely.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it was Backus himself who injured Stafford. Bastard just blindsided him and then high fived a Jets player.
                              Ignoring the fact that Backus is a very good tackle, then yes he sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information