Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stafford re-injures shoulder, season over?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See I'm not ready to throw the injury prone label out there even though it may be justified. The first hit was Peppers getting a kill shot and lots of QB's would have gotten hurt there, this one was a process of him being rushed back and that shoulder not being healed. You have got to be careful, this is your franchise guy, you know he can play, and constant seperations to the throwing shoulder aren't going to help.

Similiar to Sam Bradford at OU, rushed back, hit again on the same shoulder and he was injured again very easily, he does have to get stronger though because you have to be able to take tough hits to be the franchise guy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      See I'm not ready to throw the injury prone label out there even though it may be justified. The first hit was Peppers getting a kill shot and lots of QB's would have gotten hurt there, this one was a process of him being rushed back and that shoulder not being healed. You have got to be careful, this is your franchise guy, you know he can play, and constant seperations to the throwing shoulder aren't going to help.

Similiar to Sam Bradford at OU, rushed back, hit again on the same shoulder and he was injured again very easily, he does have to get stronger though because you have to be able to take tough hits to be the franchise guy.
      Which is why it was completely idiotic to give Bradford the "injury prone" label coming out.

Listening to people on this board, you'd think Bradford was Brodie Croyle's clone. Except Croyle was a better prospect because he played in a pro style offense at Bama.

Comment

OOO Brodie Croyle what could have been, I still think the kid has talent but a strong wind puts him on IR.

Comment

You can't ignore the fact that the first time he was injured is having lingering effects...
          and the first time he was injured was his OLine's fault.
          If it wasn't for that first injury, maybe he doesn't get injured on this past play.
          Maybe he hops right back up to the huddle like it was nothing.

It's a bunch of coulda shoulda woulda's...I know. I'm not a Lion's fan... just a fan of what your organization is doing though
          So if you guys don't think you need an upgrade at OL or that Pettigrew was indeed the right choice... then fine.
          I'm just an outsider looking in
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Yeah, this one wasn't on the offensive line. They shouldn't have rushed him back so quick. It sucks, but oh well. Give him the rest of the year off to get back to 100% and with some offseason improvements, we'll be competing for a playoff spot next year.

Comment

The Lions made some very nice trades with lower rd draft picks for A.Smith, R.Sims, C.Williams, C.Houston and S.Hill. If they can keep adding talent like that for 5th-7th rd picks, sign an OLB and OL in FA and draft PP or Prince A they'll be a very dangerous team in 2011......provided Stafford MUST stay healthy. I really hope their luck begins to change next season and beyond.

Comment

wonderful.picked up Stafford after Romo went down and now this?I am the kiss of death in FF

Comment

I hope for the sake of the other teams in the NFCN, that Jeff Backus remains the Lions LT forever.

Ole!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    I hope for the sake of the other teams in the NFCN, that Jeff Backus remains the Lions LT forever.

Ole!!
                    Too bad he's shut down everyone else this year. When are we having that cage match?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Too bad he's shut down everyone else this year. When are we having that cage match?
                      That's fine. As long as Peppers makes him his *****, I could care less about other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                        wonderful.picked up Stafford after Romo went down and now this?I am the kiss of death in FF
                        I can one-up you.
                        I started with Ryan Grant as my #2 RB behind DeAngelo Williams.
                        Then for Romo and then Romo went down. Then obtained Stafford and now this. Nothing I can do to overcome that much *****.

I thought Sam Bradford wouldn't last this long before his shoulder got hurt.
                        Maybe Stafford can bounce back too. Remember the Dolphins didn't want Drew Brees coming away from the Chargers because of his bad shoulder.

So don't bury Stafford yet. But I think it will/should affect the Young Guns thread poll results!

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          So do those of us who don't judge players based on a single play.

Against the league's best pass rush (the Giants), Backus gave up just one sack and two additional pressures (no additional hits) in 54 passing attempts. Backus also matched up against the likely defensive player of the year and sack leader (Clay Matthews) for most of the game against the Packers and gave up just one sack and no additional pressures or hits.

Backus has completely shut down guys like Trent Cole, Jared Allen, James Hall, and Brian Orakpo this season. Here are the pass rushers that Backus has gone up against this season:

Julius Peppers
                          Trent Cole (T-6th in NFL in sacks)
                          Jared Allen
                          Clay Matthews (1st in NFL in sacks)
                          James Hall (T-6th in NFL in sacks)
                          Osi Umenyiora (T-3rd in NFL in sacks)
                          Brian Orakpo (T-6th in NFL in sacks)
                          Calvin Pace / Jason Taylor

Backus has given up a grand total of three sacks to that collection of pass rushers.

Comment

BeerBaron is just angry because he knows the Bears have an inflated record and Jay Cutler sucks ass. Their offensive line is pathetic. The Bears have a terrible GM and head coach. They are going no where.

Comment

The ironic thing with Stafford is he got hit a hell of a lot more at Georgia than he has in the pros. Maybe it's harder surfaces for all i know but it could be just a fluke thing that will work itself out. With him in the lineup they have a chance to win every game so i'm hoping he comes back good as new next year. They may have to change the way they use him as in getting rid of the ball quicker, saying no to running the ball.........

Comment

Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                                I said he was injury prone last year.
                                Originally posted by Splat View Post
                                No body cares what you think.
                                It was a joke but thanks for the neg rep.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information