Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stafford re-injures shoulder, season over?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
    BeerBaron is just angry because he knows the Bears have an inflated record and Jay Cutler sucks ass. Their offensive line is pathetic. The Bears have a terrible GM and head coach. They are going no where.
    I deny none of that. I would gladly trade our o-line for just about any other o-line in the league right now....though after seeing the Cowboys and how terrible theirs is, I'd probably shy away from theirs. JA hasn't had a good draft in like 4 years and Lovie pisses me off to no end.

Still......we're doing better than the Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
      BeerBaron is just angry because he knows the Bears have an inflated record and Jay Cutler sucks ass. Their offensive line is pathetic. The Bears have a terrible GM and head coach. They are going no where.
      If Stafford was behind our putrid OL this year he wouldn't make it through a series.

You can say that Cutler sucks (which is wrong, but whatevs), but you can't deny the fact that he's a tough ************.

The dude has taken a pounding the past year and a half and is still standing. Give Jay Megatron, a solid OL and a decent run game and I think this "Jay sucks" **** would be flushed down the toilet.

A Lions fan talking ****. ******* classic.

I still love you though Scotty.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        I deny none of that. I would gladly trade our o-line for just about any other o-line in the league right now....though after seeing the Cowboys and how terrible theirs is, I'd probably shy away from theirs. JA hasn't had a good draft in like 4 years and Lovie pisses me off to no end.

Still......we're doing better than the Lions.
        Doug Free > Chris Williams by a mile. You can call the rest a wash, or even give Chicago the upgrade if you want that's fine, but at least we have a sure thing franchise LT that's in his mid 20's. But our guys do at least to make an attempt to block and halfway get in the way lol, I saw clips of you guys where players were stunting and coming in for kill shots.

Point well taken with Cutler, dude is a tough SOB, he gets his ass tossed around and hit for 4 quarters but he still gets up and keeps playing. Dallas was crushing him but he stayed composed and ended up throwing darts to finish the game for the win.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
          If Stafford was behind our putrid OL this year he wouldn't make it through a series.

You can say that Cutler sucks (which is wrong, but whatevs), but you can't deny the fact that he's a tough ************.

The dude has taken a pounding the past year and a half and is still standing. Give Jay Megatron, a solid OL and a decent run game and I think this "Jay sucks" **** would be flushed down the toilet.

We're fighting back because BeerBaron is relentless with it.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
            We're fighting back because BeerBaron is relentless with it.
            We don't claim BB as one of ours so if this is the rhyme for your reason then by all means go ahead, although no more Jay Cutler bashing or I'll blow a ******* gasket.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I know Cutler has been hit alot and is playing fairly well with all the pressure on him and the improved Bears D have you at 5-3. But if Cutler got his shoulder planted in the ground just at the right angle just like Stafford, he could just as well as be hurt too. It's luck thats all it is. It's not about toughness, if you separate your AC joint Grade 2 or grade 3 now since he came back when it wasn't fully healed, you can't throw the ball period. End of story.

Yes that injury was Backus fault his lone error really this year. Since then it probably lit a fire under him and he has been almost lights out against some very very good pass rushers. I could desribe every sack against Lions(only 13 or so) if you would like but I'll spare you and not many sacks/pressures/hits are Backus fault besides Peppers and the second Osi sack on missed cut block(although Stanton held on too long). Matthews sack wouldn't have been a sack if Hill didn't have to move due to a blitz from the right and the first Osi sack Stanton had room to step up in the pocket and Backus had pushed Osi past Stanton but he got his hand out and strip sacked him. Only Lions fans would know this though because who else watches Lions games until your team is playing them. Pass protection is much better than years past but the run blocking blows but Backus is far from the problem in pass pro or the run game. 2 of Staffords major injuries last years non throwing shoulder and this second injury have nothing to do with the Oline.

Surgery or a year of rest, Stafford can come back with no problems. Grossman was injury prone and then was finally able to stay healthy although he stunk, Phil Sims was hurt his first 4 years. Stafford career is far from over and he'll back next year well rested and has shown enough IMO to do some damage (6tds 1 int, leads in both games injured in and W against Washington) . Bradford came back from the same thing from college to rookie season I believe and is fine this year. Stafford can very well do the same.

Comment

Courtney Brown

Comment

I hope the Bears do go nowhere so they clean house.

Marinelli needs to come back home, the defensive line has been **** since he left. Not even ****, the semi-digested ****** bits of corn kernel in the **** since he left.

Back on topic, too bad for Stafford. He probably would be a Top 5-7 QB sooner rather than later... (insert obligatory if he could stay healthy sentiment).

Was really looking forward to a Freeman v Stafford Draft 2009 showdown extravaganza in week 15.

Comment

Stafford had injury problems last year too (his knee) and that's the cause for concern.

It probably is bad luck that he landed on his shoulder, but there are red flags now and I don't see a problem with it.

I remember Rex Grossman blowing out his knee two times and everyone believing they were fluke injuries. But the year before he separated his wrist (or his fingers) and the year Orton started over him he was injured against Washington.

Cutler has gotten ******* rocked though on a consistent basis. I'm talking knockout type blows and he still gets up. Maybe Stafford's body just can't take that kind of pounding. It has nothing to do with toughness, but some guys are just more injury prone than others based on build.

Comment

We don't claim BB as one of ours so if this is the rhyme for your reason then by all means go ahead, although no more Jay Cutler bashing or I'll blow a ******* gasket.
                      "Ours?" Please. I feel like the only Bears fan that posts somewhat regularly outside of the team forum anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                        Doug Free > Chris Williams by a mile. You can call the rest a wash, or even give Chicago the upgrade if you want that's fine, but at least we have a sure thing franchise LT that's in his mid 20's. But our guys do at least to make an attempt to block and halfway get in the way lol, I saw clips of you guys where players were stunting and coming in for kill shots.

Point well taken with Cutler, dude is a tough SOB, he gets his ass tossed around and hit for 4 quarters but he still gets up and keeps playing. Dallas was crushing him but he stayed composed and ended up throwing darts to finish the game for the win.
                        Do remember that earlier this year, anytime someone was talking about how bad their line was, I offered to trade. They were (and are) the worst group in the league. Can't even block the most simple pass rushers....they get nothing in the run game....terrible terrible terrible.

Then I watched the Cowboys play the Packers and **** like this was going on:

So...yeah. Both of lines are just awful. Doug Free may have the most hope out of anyone on either of them, but still....as units, they're both just so freaking terrible.

Comment

Stafford had injury problems last year too (his knee) and that's the cause for concern.

It probably is bad luck that he landed on his shoulder, but there are red flags now and I don't see a problem with it.

I remember Rex Grossman blowing out his knee two times and everyone believing they were fluke injuries. But the year before he separated his wrist (or his fingers) and the year Orton started over him he was injured against Washington.

Cutler has gotten ******* rocked though on a consistent basis. I'm talking knockout type blows and he still gets up. Maybe Stafford's body just can't take that kind of pounding. It has nothing to do with toughness, but some guys are just more injury prone than others based on build.
                          Don't know why he's any different that Cutler in terms of build though. Cutler is probably stronger being the league longer but Cutler is listed 6'3 233 lbs and Stafford is 6'2 230 lbs. So Stafford is stockier than Cutler and should be able to take a hit better one would think. Stafford took many hits in college at Georgia. I don't care who the Quarterback is, Culpepper or Hefty Lefty or whoever, you drive someones shoulder into the ground there is a good chance you can get hurt and if you come back before its healed there is a good chance you will be hurt again most likely worse which is the case. Sometimes you can escape the body rocking shots like Cutler has, but I wouldn't expect it all the time.

Comment

I've gained a ton of respect for Cutler this year. I'm almost positive that 90% of the NFL's quarterbacks would have curled into the fetal position and done on IR already by week three had they been in his situation this year. Cutler just stands strong in the pocket and keeps on firing.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              I've gained a ton of respect for Cutler this year. I'm almost positive that 90% of the NFL's quarterbacks would have curled into the fetal position and done on IR already by week three had they been in his situation this year. Cutler just stands strong in the pocket and keeps on firing.
                              This past week they started rolling him out and such. I'm sure that goes against every Martz principle in the book, but it was working.

Maybe Cutler has developed as as instinctual underdog. I mean, he went to Vanderbilt for one......and has gotten just beat to hell and torn up these last two seasons. Somehow he's not dead and keeps on trucking.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                                I've never seen the Lions play, but I definitely know for a fact that Jeff Backus sucks. Definitely.

In fact, I'm pretty sure it was Backus himself who injured Stafford. Bastard just blindsided him and then high fived a Jets player.
                                Thats a good one. Good news for the Lions is that There are really no LT worth's a 1ST Round pick take PP and then get a good LT who falls to the 2ND.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information