Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stafford re-injures shoulder, season over?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by dannyz View Post
    Thats a good one. Good news for the Lions is that There are really no LT worth's a 1ST Round pick take PP and then get a good LT who falls to the 2ND.
    There aren't even any of those.

    Gabe Carimi - RT only as a pro. If you're a power running team (not many of those left in the league) then maybe you can try him a LT....but he's just not light enough on his feet to handle speed rushers without help.

    Anthony Castonzo - I watched him just get toasted by Steven Friday of VT. It's one thing if a speedster just beats him a few times....that'll happen to just about any LT, but he was even getting bull rushed and driven back. Maybe that was a flukey game, but I got really turned off to him. He looked like he was playing with lead weights on his feet. Another guy I think is a RT only.

    Marcus Cannon - Moving to G or RT. Similar situation to Carimi though he does look pretty light on his feet for a guy his size....not a franchise LT though. Could maybe play there in a pinch.

    Derek Sherrod - The one guy I see with NFL LT potential. I think he's going to get shoved waaay up draft boards as a result. Lots of teams need a pass blocker and he is the only good bet early....wouldn't surprise me to see him go in the high teens if he works out well.

    DeMarcus Love - Love his versatility. Has played LT, RT and even G I believe in the same game at times depending on the scheme they are going with. I don't know if he's an NFL LT though, but he'll make for a more than solid G or RT I feel.


    Just a bad, bad year for a team needing LTs.

    Comment


    • #47
      Cutler has become so hated and overrated that he's become underrated considering his situation.

      I'm on Jay's ass for missing throws, but it's tough to throw when you are looking at where the pass rush is coming from instead of looking downfield.

      Go to 1:35 and tell me how he's not down for a while -



      Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

      Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Splat View Post
        It was a joke but thanks for the neg rep.
        neg rep is such a sad thing to recieve.

        Anyway. **** this season. **** it hard.

        Sig by Fenikz

        I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

        Comment


        • #49
          This is really unfortunate. I love Matthew Stafford and really like these young Lions. By next year, they could very well be the team to beat in the NFC North. I'm reluctant to call Stafford "injury prone" quite yet. As a poster above pointed out, he rushed back from it, and paid for it. It completely reminds me of Bradford last year at Oklahoma.
          | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Addict View Post
            neg rep is such a sad thing to recieve.

            Anyway. **** this season. **** it hard.
            I agree with your second point. I was so upset that I almost cried on Sunday, and I haven't cried since 1998.


            RIP TheManInBlack

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              I agree with your second point. I was so upset that I almost cried on Sunday, and I haven't cried since 1998.
              There's an upside to all this...the basic point of the NFL is to win it all, which the Lions weren't going to do this year. Stafford has shown that he can be a dynamic QB, and the team in general is learning how to win.

              By the time next season rolls around, the Lions will be that much more seasoned, Stafford will be back, and the only result will be a higher draft pick in each round.

              Everyone who says 'same old lions' or 'cursed' is wrong, because Schwartz has legitimately changed the culture and they're playing balls to the wall. I remain high on Detroit.

              Comment


              • #52
                ******. I hope he can stay on the field, he's as good as any young QB in the game today. The Lions finally got a good one and now it looks like his career may end prematurely. That sucks.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  There's an upside to all this...the basic point of the NFL is to win it all, which the Lions weren't going to do this year. Stafford has shown that he can be a dynamic QB, and the team in general is learning how to win.

                  By the time next season rolls around, the Lions will be that much more seasoned, Stafford will be back, and the only result will be a higher draft pick in each round.

                  Everyone who says 'same old lions' or 'cursed' is wrong, because Schwartz has legitimately changed the culture and they're playing balls to the wall. I remain high on Detroit.
                  All the Lions but Stafford. I think the were a .500 team at best even with him healthy, but now they've lost a full season of development with him. By the time he's ready to play next year, he still won't even have a full season worth of games played after 2 years, plus all of the time he misses rehabbing this injury.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    He seems to be the Kerry Wood/Mark Prior of football.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by wordofi View Post
                      He seems to be the Kerry Wood/Mark Prior of football.
                      That's not really a valid comparison when you actually look at them.


                      RIP TheManInBlack

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Yeah it's easier to say that Strasburg is the Mark Prior of baseball.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          All the Lions but Stafford. I think the were a .500 team at best even with him healthy, but now they've lost a full season of development with him. By the time he's ready to play next year, he still won't even have a full season worth of games played after 2 years, plus all of the time he misses rehabbing this injury.
                          Yes Stafford missing time this year is really a bummer but he's looked like a seasoned veteran in his 2.5 games this year and didn't miss a beat after 6 weeks off this season. Beating Chicago 14-13 at half before injury, win over Washington and up 20-10 on Jets when he left. His lone interception was in single coverage and a good decision just not a good throw and Hall made a great play on the ball. Stafford is good enough to make us legitimate playoff contender IF we fix the remainin back 7 holes(SS,OLBs,number 1 corner) next year and the running game(mauling guard or center). Those are big IFs but thats all that is left for Detroit.

                          His career is far from over. People just need to relax on that. Either he'll have surgery or have a full year to heal. If he needs surgery they better not mess around and they need to get it done ASAP so it's not like a Sidney Rice situation or he could get it reinjured in pre-season or something crappy like that if they think it just needs time but in reality he needs surgery.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Get the Guy who fixed Bradford,Favre,Brees. The Lions as long as they keep drafting smart they will fill all their needs in the 2011 NFL Draft and by the 2012 NFL draft they might have a need or two and the rest could be BPA and maybe by the 2013 NFL Season it will be the Super Bowl.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              So he wants to skip the surgery and try to play again this season... I admire the kid's desire to play and tough it out, but there's a difference between bravery and stupidity.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                                So he wants to skip the surgery and try to play again this season... I admire the kid's desire to play and tough it out, but there's a difference between bravery and stupidity.
                                This season is a complete loss at this point. Get the surgery and get ready to go next year...there is just no sense in risking himself to further injury at this point to...do what? Pick up another win or two for a team that has chance of making the playoffs or anything like that?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information