Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stafford re-injures shoulder, season over?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lions should tell him to get the Surgery because if he comes back they might win the games and lose a high draft pick.

Comment

just take the surgery matt, youre gonna have a great career when you dont ruin your body before it blossoms

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
        So he wants to skip the surgery and try to play again this season... I admire the kid's desire to play and tough it out, but there's a difference between bravery and stupidity.
        Be like Brees.
        Brees shoulder seemed career-ending (ask Dolphin guy), but he got it fixed and became a legend.

Stafford needs to go to the same guy, Dr Andrews I believe, and get it taken care of now.

Then in April they need to draft 3 OL in the first 3 rounds, and hope that 2 of them turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          Be like Brees.
          Brees shoulder seemed career-ending (ask Dolphin guy), but he got it fixed and became a legend.

Stafford needs to go to the same guy, Dr Andrews I believe, and get it taken care of now.

Then in April they need to draft 3 OL in the first 3 rounds, and hope that 2 of them turn out.
          But Jeff Backus is awesome. Hadn't you heard?

Comment

The Lions are a team that needs to spend high dollar on the best backup they can find.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
              But Jeff Backus is awesome. Hadn't you heard?
              left guard, center, and right tackle.

Backus is an institution

Comment

Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                Could our line be better? yes

Is our line bad? no

The first game of the season, Backus got owned on the play he got hurt, but him and the rest of our o-line has been playing very well, most importantly in pass protection. This injury has nothing to do with our o-line, he was running towards the sideline. And he is very brittle, which sucks, because I heard nothing about him being injury prone while coming out. So, please, before you start, dont say "oher would be great," or you're o line sucks, because as of the last 7 weeks, it most certainly does not.
                Then why do I see Hill, Stafford, Stanton whomever the qb may be always getting hit in every highlight I see or anytime I flip to a game?
                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

So he wants to skip the surgery and try to play again this season... I admire the kid's desire to play and tough it out, but there's a difference between bravery and stupidity.
                  Dr Andrews told him to let it heal naturally and rehabilitate it that way. So, that's why he's skipping the surgery.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                    Dr Andrews told him to let it heal naturally and rehabilitate it that way. So, that's why he's skipping the surgery.
                    Getting hit by 250-300+ pound defenders is not the way to "rehabilitate" anything. If he wanted to start throwing as soon as he was able, fine, but there is no way he should go back onto the field this year. I mean...there can't be that many grades of shoulder injury higher than what he's already been through....

Comment

Great news that he does not require surgery, but he should NOT try to play again this year. That would be a foolish career move with the severity of the injury.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                        And that would be fine... but do not try to go out there and play again this year. Make sure the shoulder is 100% right regardless of whether letting it heal naturally or with surgery.

Comment

Back to harping on Jeff Backus after everyone realized Oher sucks at LT?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                            Back to harping on Jeff Backus after everyone realized Oher sucks at LT?
                            Does he suck at left tackle? I have no idea. What I do know is even if Oher does suck is that does not make it excusable to stick with Backus, especially because Oher is not the only left tackle they passed on.

The Lions also passed on Trent Williams, Russell Okung, and Roger Saffold

Comment

Does he suck at left tackle? I have no idea. What I do know is even if Oher does suck is that does not make it excusable to stick with Backus, especially because Oher is not the only left tackle they passed on.

FOR ***** SAKE BACKUS IS A ******* GOOD LEFT TACKLE, AND HE IS THE BEST ******* RUN BLOCKER ON THE LINE. I'm tired of this.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Suh>Okung or Williams

I'd rather have Jahvid Best and live with Backus's average play at LT. The Lions mismanaged Best's turf toe and its ruining his season. He has it on both toes and they didn't let it heal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information