Tashard Choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tashard Choice

When will this guy get his shot to become a lead back? He was almost in tears after sundays blowout talking about his role on this team. Dallas says they love him, but then don't give him the ball. In his rookie season everyone talked about him after that game against Pitt when he had 140 yards run and rec. Could he be a lead back for someone else? I don't watch that many Cowboys games so guys let me know... Hope he gets his shot a la Turner in the ATL.

Do the Cowboys make any good coaching decisions? It's why they're 1-7 and with an interim head coach now.

Comment

he got his first start against the steelers.....he made me a believer

dallas probably would let barber go before choice
      E]

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
        Do the Cowboys make any good coaching decisions? It's why they're 1-7 and with an interim head coach now.
        LOL that's true. But that pretty much is spot on, Choice proved he was the only back on our team who can stay healthy, and he went into December vs some very tough D's and was a feature back all around. I just hope we roll with Choice and Felix next year, and see how that works.

I've always been a big Choice fan, not for just his performance on the field but how much heart he plays with. You wouldn't mind 11 guys on your team with his heart and attitude, and hopefully get can get 15 touches a game next season for us.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I believe he should be the starter. Felix is a good change of pace back and Barber is a short yardage back. Choice is the complete package.

Comment

I see him as their most complete back and imo, he could be a great every down back. Marion Barber isn't overly expensive and I don't think Felix is either, if that's the case no reason to break up the backfield.

Comment

I remember last year / offseason we ( chargers ) were hoping our FO could do some sort of trade for Choice. We viewed him as the total package. Well, nothing happened (and I am assuming we could of had him for less than we got for Matthews).

Comment

I don't watch the Cowboys all that much, but I sometimes think there's an inflated opinion of their RB talent. I'm not sure people would be so high on Choice if he played for a different team.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                  I don't watch the Cowboys all that much, but I sometimes think there's an inflated opinion of their RB talent. I'm not sure people would be so high on Choice if he played for a different team.
                  While in some instances this may be the case. Choice is the real deal, he's a great runner and receiver (admittedly I can't think of any major positives or negatives about his blocking) who is stuck in a bad situation. I have a feeling his fumble before halftime of the Skins game put him in the doghouse, and he has hard a hard time making his way back into a role where he should be (some of the blame goes to Garrett and Wade, when he was there). If he would be given an extended opportunity to showcase himself, he would get a starting job, whether it'd be staying with the Cowboys, or another team.
                  Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I'd love him in Green Bay.

Comment

He isn't going to Green Bay but you can have Marion. How about Marion and Orlando for Clay? I like that trade lol

Comment

Choice is an average man's Terrell Davis. I think they compare well. They look alike when they run. Tashard doesn't go down easily, and has enough speed to make things happen on the edge. He is no Chris Johnson and probably won't bust a 80 yarder, but he is good enough.

He needs to play somewhere.

Comment

He is a very well rounded back, and not one of the "overrated" Cowboys imo. I think the Cowboys are in the same boat as my Bears when it comes to the fact that their run blocking has been so awful that no back is going to do well behind them.

But if they get some new pieces and a new offensive playcaller with a more run-based philosophy, Choice might very well prove that he is the best back that have.

If not, he'll prove it somewhere else after his rookie deal is up.

Comment

Here was his production & touches for that stretch in December when he started all 4 games and every other RB on our roster was hurt:

@Pittsburgh: 23 rushes, 88 yards, 5 catches, 78 yards, 3.8 YPC
                            NY Giants: 9 carries, 91 yards, 4 catches, 52 yards, 1 rushing TD, 10.1 YPC
                            Baltimore: 17 carries, 90 yards, 7 catches, 25 yards, 1 rushing TD, 5.3 YPC
                            @Philly: 13 carries, 56 yards, 1 catch, 8 yards, 4.3 YPC

Now we did have much better run blocking during this time, but he was in for nearly every play, had a major role in running, blocking, catching passes, vs 4 teams who were very good vs the run, which the first 3 teams I believe were top 5 rushing D's that season.

He just has never gotten the amount of carries/touches from that December ever again so it's tough for him to really be able to show it and prove himself. I'd be very upset if he was traded, but with Barber's contract I expect him gone and Choice to have an expanded role, but he's honestly the guy that won't do anything flashy but he can be a work horse, road grading type of RB for a smash mouth type of team.

I think he should start next season also with alot of Felix mixed in, or even use Felix the way Deangelo Williams is used, and Choice like Jonathan Stewart but with the carries more distrubuted to get Choice the rock more. Barber isn't terrible but he's not even close to the same player he was and Choice has been better then him for two years at least now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

He needs an opportunity to showcase what he has in a feature back role somewhere and soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information