No announcement yet.

Dolphins to start Pennington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be worse, at least he's not Brian Brohm.

Comment

Props to the Dolphins for actually having the balls to bench a guy who isn't awful, but isn't really an asset either. This is the NFL, not the minor leagues

Comment

I can see why the move was made. Not that I would do it or that I think Pennington is better, but it kind of makes sense. The Dolphins are still in the playoff hunt so they'll see if they can get better performances with a QB who's been to the playoffs. Also if they see that Henne isn't their QB of the future this is the perfect time to nip it in the butt instead of letting him but up good numbers in meaningless games at the end of the season and giving fans false hope. I guess if you dont' believe in him it's better to admit it and move on sooner rather than later and end up being like the Bills thinking Trent Edwards could turn it around or the Browns with Quinn.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

HE GON GET IT!

Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
            HE GON GET IT!

I actually work at Accuweather and Ollie Williams is sort of a cult hero there. Every now and then, you'll still hear a "IT'S GON RAIN!" tossed out. Fun times...

Comment

I was not sold on Henne at all this year. He hasn't impressed me. With the talent around him he should have shown more.
              Pennington is proven, smart, and knows the offense well. The Dolphins are much better with him rather than still waiting on the potential of Henne.

Comment

well with Parcells reportedly telling people he was disappointed with how Chad Henne turned out topped with his performance this season, it's not that surprising. When the Browns were veteran QB shopping I think we were hot for Pennington before he resigned with Miami and we settled for Delhomme (meh). I think Chad has something left as long as (or should I say until) he doesn't get hurt again.

Comment

Scrap both Chads and get Thiggy with it.
                  Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Well with Pennington I think you're going to get more ball security, and some more sound decision making... but you're also losing out on some of the big play routes. You'll limit yourself a bit Offensively because of Pennington's physical limitations... he won't be able to effectively get the Deep outs, and comebacks.

I can see why the move was made, but I still think if you believe Henne is going to be your eventual future you gotta work through these things with him. Will it pay off? I don't know.. I think at best the Dolphins can possibly be a Wildcard team and even that will be difficult with both the Jets, and Pats in their Division.

Comment

I guess this is the beginning of the end of Henne in Miami. I mean, I just don't see how they can go back at this point. If he was a rookie, or still underdevleoped but just got thrust into the role, then they could go back. But it looks like they are just quitting and think Pennington gives them a better shot to make the playoffs in a tough division and conference.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                        Over or under 3 games until Pennington gets hurt?
                        Are the Giants on their upcoming schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                          I was not sold on Henne at all this year. He hasn't impressed me. With the talent around him he should have shown more.
                          I agree..... which makes me even madder we got a LOSS to him and his team 4 weeks ago. 7-2 now instead of 6-3...... what a bad loss.

This justifies why I didn't put Henne's name in the Young Guns Poll. Where's the guy who asked me why Henne's name wasn't in there?

Comment

Think this is a great move, but I'm one those that thinks Pennington may be the most underrated QB of the past decade.

I'm almost certain it is because of the noodle arm but people totally overlook that he is very good in the intermediate and short game, which a team with Bess, Marshall and Brown/Williams as it's top receivers absolutely needs. Henne is a bit of a gunslinger who loves to go deep and they just don't have that type of weapon for him.

Chad Pennington just wins games with composure and accuracy. He is the guy that Colt McCoy should study for what to do because I think they share a lot of characteristics in their physical and mental makeup as QBs.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                              I agree..... which makes me even madder we got a LOSS to him and his team 4 weeks ago. 7-2 now instead of 6-3...... what a bad loss.

This justifies why I didn't put Henne's name in the Young Guns Poll. Where's the guy who asked me why Henne's name wasn't in there?
                              Henne doesn't belong near the guys you put in the poll.
                              People in here like to talk him up because of his big arm, potential, and the solid weapons around him, but he has held them back if anything.

The game where Miami beat us, Henne was not impressive and he had what seemed like 10 seconds each pass attempt. Matthews wasn't playing and their O-Line just destroyed any attempt at a passrush we showed. He may amount to something in the future, but right now Pennington, even with his limitations, is a better option. He's just so smart and systematic and with all the talent on that offense I expect him to play very well.

Comment

For what it's worth, with Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess's YAC abilities, they seem like a good compliment to Pennington.

Pennington won't be throwing bombs, but with his accuracy and these WR's being able to do something with the ball in their hands, the passing game could be successful. Not to mention if he cuts the INT's. Last year for the Titans, the switch from Collins to Young was so impactful partly because Young didn't throw INT's and Collins did. So protecting the football alone will be a significant improvement.

That is, assuming Pennington doesn't come out and stink up with joint with multiple picks and diminished accuracy. We haven't seen the guy a while...
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information