No announcement yet.

Dolphins to start Pennington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really don't like this at all, especially if it's for more than a week or 2. Don't really get the mass amount of hate for Henne in this thread. Generally he's been very good with what he's been given. Miami's offense has just been so insanely conservative. There are constantly 7 guys left in to block and a fair amount of max protection plays too. Very rarely run shot gun, run a bunch of crappy PA plays over and over even in obvious passing situations. Henne really has no freedom when he's shown he can sling the ball in the past, team really just has no confidence in him it seems.

As for the interceptions, in both the 3 INT games 2 of them came late when the game was out of reach (both of which in the Ravens game were as much the receivers fault as Henne's). The team is playing poor in general atm so I guess they wanted to change things up, but Henne is far from the biggest reason at the moment.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Didn't they also put a waiver claim in on Moss? attempted Marshall reunion ftw

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
        Really don't like this at all, especially if it's for more than a week or 2. Don't really get the mass amount of hate for Henne in this thread.
        ???
        I didn't see any hatred being spewed in here, just people who agreed with the coaches decision to go to Pennington.

Comment

Not a good look for Henne, and honestly how do you return to a starter after this? He sat as a rookie and learned, he has his LT and franchise WR, there really aren't any more excuses for him.

I remember reading that Parcells was not confident in him or losing confidence in his play, so it's not all that surprising, just a pretty big blow for a team who obviously needs a franchise signal caller. They are gonna be right back to trying to find that guy and they are back to being in division contention each year also.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

It's too bad, as I like Henne. But it's the Phins, so . . .

GO TITANS!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Is this the thread to lol at miamis recent second round qb history? Feeley, pat white, beck, henne...and I think I even missed one.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                Is this the thread to lol at miamis recent second round qb history? Feeley, pat white, beck, henne...and I think I even missed one.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  They traded a second for Culpepper. If that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                    They traded a second for Culpepper. If that counts.
                    Yeah and it was because Saban didn't trust this guys shoulder to heal properly

I thank him every day. :)
                    Last edited by Auron; 11-11-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                      Yeah and it was because Saban didn't trust this guys shoulder to heal properly

I thank him every day. :)
                      Uggg dont remind me. No telling where this team would be if we had Brees. And it was really the team's doctors you should thank for Brees to be in a Saints uniform instead of a Dolphins.

I wish we can find our franchise QB. :( Maybe Henne could be it I dunno. Too early in his career to give up on him.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                        Really don't like this at all, especially if it's for more than a week or 2. Don't really get the mass amount of hate for Henne in this thread. Generally he's been very good with what he's been given. Miami's offense has just been so insanely conservative. There are constantly 7 guys left in to block and a fair amount of max protection plays too. Very rarely run shot gun, run a bunch of crappy PA plays over and over even in obvious passing situations. Henne really has no freedom when he's shown he can sling the ball in the past, team really just has no confidence in him it seems.

As for the interceptions, in both the 3 INT games 2 of them came late when the game was out of reach (both of which in the Ravens game were as much the receivers fault as Henne's). The team is playing poor in general atm so I guess they wanted to change things up, but Henne is far from the biggest reason at the moment.
                        Yeah, only three or four of Henne's interceptions have been because of poor throws or judgment errors. The one at the end of the Steelers game wasn't even an interception. It clearly hit the ground, no one will dispute that. It just wasn't reviewed because it was fourth down (hence the desperation throw) and didn't matter. Brandon Marshall says every week on the Michael Irvin show that he is directly responsible for a few of Henne's interceptions. People who just look and see the 8/10 split don't know any of this though.

I honestly think this change is temporary, and unlike others I don't think it is going to be the end of Henne. It's not like he's a bad quarterback, we just haven't been effective scoring the ball with him for some reason. Yes, it could be his fault, but it could also be that the system in place just doesn't work for him at this point in his career. Obviously if Pennington still has it, the match is ideal and we should see some great production. The problem is no one knows if Pennington still has it. A warm game in Miami is perfect for him though.
                        Last edited by dolphinfan2k5; 11-11-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

If you guys think this is only temporary what is the point in that? You want to bench your young supposed franchise guy for the old vet for 3 games just cause? Unless you planned on doing it for the rest of the season then you may as well leave Henne in.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Development paths are all screwy lately. I don 't think taking him out spells death for his role in Miami. It's all about how he responds. As long as they need an answer at QB and as long as he is still in the mix, there's always the chance he gets better and wins it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                              Uggg dont remind me. No telling where this team would be if we had Brees. And it was really the team's doctors you should thank for Brees to be in a Saints uniform instead of a Dolphins.

I wish we can find our franchise QB. :( Maybe Henne could be it I dunno. Too early in his career to give up on him.
                              Hire bad doctors and you get a bad quarterback.

Culpepper was dreadful before his knee was injured, he was a turnover machine. That was the season after they traded Moss, Culpepper was great at just throwing it deep and know that Moss would leap and catch it.

Comment

Well that was all rather anti-climactic.

Time to get Thiggy with it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information