Potential head coaching candidates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    if the Browns did not have Eric Mangini, Marvin Lewis would be at the top of my list.

Considering how little he's working with in terms of a front office, it's a miracle he's gotten that team as far as he has. And when he leaves, the Bungles will be back with their routine Top 5 pick. I'd love to see what Marvin Lewis can do with a competent front office with a fully staffed scouting department.
    I had to ROFL at this Marvin Lewis is not a good coach the team is never perpared to play and make a lot of stupid mistakes and are normally one of the most penalized team in the NFL. Things that all come back on the HC. Zimmer is the only reason we were good last year.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

I think Marvin's a good head coach, he's just stuck with a ****** organization that constantly works against him. You can say those things come from the head coach in most situations, but not when the front office constantly brings in guys who are notorious for being undisciplined. There's only so much a coach can do with a group of people like that.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its safe to exclude Kirk Ferentz from Iowa, the man has it made at Iowa and hasn't really considered moving up to the NFL.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Like APS said, Hue Jackson is a great coach and could likely be a good head coach depending on his destination. If anything, I wouldn't mind him getting promoted to HC even with Cable doing a decent job.
          Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
          Coples is that dude.
          Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
            I think Marvin's a good head coach, he's just stuck with a ****** organization that constantly works against him. You can say those things come from the head coach in most situations, but not when the front office constantly brings in guys who are notorious for being undisciplined. There's only so much a coach can do with a group of people like that.
            Most of those players have produced here that is y we actually win games. I wont argue the Ownership is horriable but Marvin Lewis has to take some blame also.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
              I had to ROFL at this Marvin Lewis is not a good coach the team is never perpared to play and make a lot of stupid mistakes and are normally one of the most penalized team in the NFL. Things that all come back on the HC. Zimmer is the only reason we were good last year.
              Marvin Lewis has led that team to 2 Division Titles. The last time the Bengals won the division and made the playoffs was 1990 under Sam Wyche. He has more wins than the previous 3 head coaches combined.

They have almost no scouting department or front office, so Marvin Lewis is forced to take a ton of talented problem children in hopes of catching lightning in a bottle. And to his credit, he's gotten plenty done with these problem children. Players respect him. Terrell Owens has been a dream come true in Cincinnati.

So yea, I'd take Marvin Lewis in a heart beat if Mangini was not here.

Comment

Haslett is DC for the Redskins, not the Saints.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                  Most of those players have produced here that is y we actually win games. I wont argue the Ownership is horriable but Marvin Lewis has to take some blame also.
                  That the Bengals win with those players is more of a compliment to Marvin than anything. Not many coaches would have stuck around as long as he has, nevermind thrived.

Comment

The lack of Bo Pelini in this list makes me cry. The man saved the Nebraska football program from the downslide it had in the middle of the decade.

Definitely should be on every coaching radar.

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                    I'm pretty sure its safe to exclude Kirk Ferentz from Iowa, the man has it made at Iowa and hasn't really considered moving up to the NFL.
                    What's the salary like at Iowa? Because an NFL job could command 4-6 million per year... That's not something to turn down if you are a 2-3 per year guy.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Jim Harbaugh would have a Chance to Draft Andrew Luck with the 49ERS. A team that has to much Talent to be this bad.

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                        The name of the Saints DC is Greg Williams, not Jim Haslett, pretty sure haslett is the DC of the Skins
                        Oops, meant to write Redskins.

Comment

I'd put Winston Moss on that list before Dom Capers. Moss has had several head coaching interviews over the past few years here and Capers to me just seems like one of those guys who's a much better coordinator then head coach.

Comment

Rob Ryan is not HC material.
                            Greg Gross @VittorioTafur Al Davis' scholarship program has died with him. With Hue, it's nothing personal, and nothing sentimental, either. It's gladiator school now. Perform or perish., period.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Marvin is a good coach is in denial and just looking to dog the Bengals.

He is terrible with game plans, horrible at using time outs and challenges. Our team never comes out playing hard and always a ton of penalties. Im sorry but that is all coaching.

bonekrusher
                              The Twitters
                              themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                                Anyone who thinks Marvin is a good coach is in denial and just looking to dog the Bengals.

He is terrible with game plans, horrible at using time outs and challenges. Our team never comes out playing hard and always a ton of penalties. Im sorry but that is all coaching.
                                It's not. Not in this case. You're delusional if you think that more than 50% of that team is even coachable.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information