Bucs sign Cato June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etk View Post
    Ryan Nece has been our starting SLB for 2 years, I don't think Cato June is going to change that......

Unless of course you think he will start at SS
    Yeah he definitely could change that. I think Brooks and Cato will both be the outside backers, not sure who will play where though. Once the contract numbers come in we'll have a better idea of what kind of playing time he'll be getting.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

I was really hoping to see Winborn on the field more this year with the potential to take over for Brooks

Comment

Interested to see the price tag on this.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

uhhh....

If they plan on him playing strong safety I'm sure the OC's in the NFC South are already licking their chops. He's perfect for their system at LB tho.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
          Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
            Yeah he definitely could change that. I think Brooks and Cato will both be the outside backers, not sure who will play where though. Once the contract numbers come in we'll have a better idea of what kind of playing time he'll be getting.
            I don't think there is any way he would go somewhere he wouldn't be starting.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
            Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Fits the scheme, not going to answer the question if he can play outside of that defense though.

Comment

I think he'll beat out Nece for the strongside job, and while he's not an ideal fit for the strongside job, he can do a decent-solid job there potentially, akin to Ian Gold a few years ago. I don't think there's anyway he signed there unless he was told he'd have a good shot to start. I guess it's possible that they work him in the middle, although that would require improved DT POA play to protect him.

Comment

Thank god he is not coming to b-more.

Give Kyle Boller 1 Last Chance
                  #1 supporter of Demetrius Williams!
                  I used to be MaddenPlayer52

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                    If they plan on him playing strong safety I'm sure the OC's in the NFC South are already licking their chops. He's perfect for their system at LB tho.
                    Yeah, cause the thought of Jermaine Phillips at SS sends shivers up their spines.

In my opinion, there are two places to play June, weakside LB and SS. So unless Brooks is going to change positions, I see June playing safety.

Comment

Why would we sign a all-pro LB to play S???

Comment

hah..

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                        You wouldn't unless you're an idiot.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!

Comment

Good pick up by the Bucs. Fits well in their Cover 2 scheme.

Comment

All-pro is a bit of a stretch but there's no way he plays safety..

Comment

i read on espn its a 3yr $12 mil deal(or slightly above 12 mil)
                              not a bad contract for either side
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Because this "all-pro LB" is weak against the run and misses a lot of tackles. He is not tough enough to play SLB, and why have Brooks change positions when he has been an amazing WLB his whole career? He is either playing SS or backing up Derrick.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information