Bucs sign Cato June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruschi54 View Post
    All-pro is a bit of a stretch but there's no way he plays safety..
    I think he meant Pro Bowl LB? If so, it's not that much of a stretch considering he was a Pro Bowler in 2005.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
      Because this "all-pro LB" is weak against the run and misses a lot of tackles. He is not tough enough to play SLB, and why have Brooks change positions when he has been an amazing WLB his whole career? He is either playing SS or backing up Derrick.
      He's 3 lbs heavier than their current SLB Nece....you're right about the fact they will be soft against the run tho. I'm guessing they address their DL situation in the draft tho.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
        Good signing by the Bucs.
        I agree. Gives McAllister a new Buc to run over. ;) :)
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
          I think he meant Pro Bowl LB? If so, it's not that much of a stretch considering he was a Pro Bowler in 2005.
          Thank you, sorry for any confusion.

Yeh, he misses tackles, so does Urlacher, my point being who doesn't, In 2004 – June’s first year as a starter – he led his team in tackles, posting 128 stops. Pro Bowl honors followed the season after, and last year June’s 162 tackles were again a team-high.

I'll take that anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            I agree. Gives McAllister a new Buc to run over. ;) :)
            Damn, tough to respond to that one. McAllister gives the Bucs a lot of problems, none of which June will improve on.

He'll be another Buc to play well against the Vick's and Reggie Bush's of the division though.

Comment

Good fit, little suprise it took this long for him to sign with someone

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                Thank you, sorry for any confusion.

Yeh, he misses tackles, so does Urlacher, my point being who doesn't, In 2004 – June’s first year as a starter – he led his team in tackles, posting 128 stops. Pro Bowl honors followed the season after, and last year June’s 162 tackles were again a team-high.

I'll take that anyday.
                Stats mean nothing for linebackers, just watch him play and you will understand why the Colts didn't want him back and why I am unimpressed by the signing.

Flyboy is right, McAllister will truck June all day.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

yeah hes obviously not gonna take the WLB spot from Brooks...itll be interesting to see what they do with him.

Comment

I like the signing, nice job by the Bucs.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

TB just got a guy who can play, but I'm not sure if he can play for Tampa. He is very small, and may get run over by the running attacks that he will face two time per year in NO, ATL, and CAR.
                      Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I think it is a good pickup for the Bucs, he is young and should fit in well in their scheme. How many years does Brooks have left in the tank? They will probably use June opposite Brooks, and then have him replace Brooks when he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                          I think it is a good pickup for the Bucs, he is young and should fit in well in their scheme. How many years does Brooks have left in the tank? They will probably use June opposite Brooks, and then have him replace Brooks when he retires.
                          Thats what I see happening, I think he is an upgrade over Nece.

Comment

Good signing by the Bucs

Comment

great signing, makes me really happy :)

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                                Stats mean nothing for linebackers, just watch him play and you will understand why the Colts didn't want him back and why I am unimpressed by the signing.

Flyboy is right, McAllister will truck June all day.
                                I wouldn't say stats mean nothing??

They certanly don't tell the whole story obviously, I have watched him play, and as I said previously, he'll miss tackles, who doesn't?, but he'll also make plenty of plays for us, as he did in Indy, hell, thats football!

As for you being unimpressed, your entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information