Bucs sign Cato June

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etk View Post
    Without the right players (Bucs 06), the Cover 2 doesn't get you enough big plays defensively.
    That could be said about any scheme. Washington's 4-3 blitz of '06, Cleveland's 3-4 defense, for example off the top of my head. The Tampa 2 can be dominant, like the '99-'02 Bucs, the Bears when healthy the past two seasons. Overall, I don't care for 'bend but don't break' defenses, but they have been proven to work in the right situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      That could be said about any scheme. Washington's 4-3 blitz of '06, Cleveland's 3-4 defense, for example off the top of my head. The Tampa 2 can be dominant, like the '99-'02 Bucs, the Bears when healthy the past two seasons. Overall, I don't care for 'bend but don't break' defenses, but they have been proven to work in the right situations.
      How did I know you would be the first smart person to point that out? I think the Cover 2 is the most dangerous defense to run without correct personnel, because if you can't make plays and stop the run in the Cover 2, you basically can't get your defense off the field. In a 3-4 blitz defense, you can occasionally get away with mediocre talent because the scheme alone can produce pressure and big plays.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
        How did I know you would be the first smart person to point that out? I think the Cover 2 is the most dangerous defense to run without correct personnel, because if you can't make plays and stop the run in the Cover 2, you basically can't get your defense off the field. In a 3-4 blitz defense, you can occasionally get away with mediocre talent because the scheme alone can produce pressure and big plays.
        Occasionally, sure. But eventually you'll be found out, just like Dallas this year. New Orleans exposed them at the end of the year. After that they couldn't stop the bleeding.
        Last edited by Shiver; 03-17-2007, 11:04 PM.

Comment

It's not surprising considering their history of losing linebackers in free agency. They've lost Gary Thornton to the Titans, Marcus Washington to the Redskins, Mike Peterson to the Jaguars, and Now Cato June to the Buccaneers. And I'm sure there are more to come in the future.

Comment

My motto; scheme is overrated, execution is everything.

Comment

i agree, you could have the best DC but if your players arent that talented and they cant execute then all that great scheme will fail. they need to go hand in hand to be truly effective

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

VY>>Cato June
                Damn i'm going to miss playing against him two times a season :(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by MP123 View Post
                  It's not surprising considering their history of losing linebackers in free agency. They've lost Gary Thornton to the Titans, Marcus Washington to the Redskins, Mike Peterson to the Jaguars, and Now Cato June to the Buccaneers. And I'm sure there are more to come in the future.
                  David....;)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                  XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                  Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                  http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

It was nice to have you in board Cato, good luck with Tampa. Freddie Keiaho is likely to step into the WLB spot, who is a thumper as tackler. I expect him to be even better than June, heck I know he will. Hopefully we can land Jon Beason to play SSLB.
                    Last edited by a-dub83; 03-18-2007, 01:23 AM.
                    Colt 4 life

Comment

I think Hagler will play the weak side. He has a year more experience and thats where he is placed on the depth chart, plus his measurables were rediculous. Keiaho should replace Morris for strong side by the end of the year in my opinion.

Comment

I think it was a pretty good signing.

Comment

Originally posted by a-dub83 View Post
                          It was nice to have you in board Cato, good luck with Tampa. Freddie Keiaho is likely to step into the WLB spot, who is a thumper as tackler. I expect him to be even better than June, heck I know he will. Hopefully we can land Jon Beason to play SSLB.
                          I think Keiaho is going to be the future MIKE or SAM rather than play WILL. And like tylerb said, Hagler is going to make a run at a starting job too.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

My boy BP always says gameplan is overrated, execution is underrated.

But I will say this, while Im an X and O junky and love the schematics of the game, I think from a coaching standpoint, more important than the scheme itself is player utilization and adjustments. Thats what great coaches do.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                              I think Keiaho is going to be the future MIKE or SAM rather than play WILL. And like tylerb said, Hagler is going to make a run at a starting job too.
                              Can't wait for Hagler to start.

Hagler's Campus/Combine results:
                              4.47 in the 40-yard dash
                              Bench pressed 225 pounds 35 times
                              445-pound bench press
                              485-pound squat
                              35½-inch vertical jump
                              10-foot-4 broad jump

Comment

Originally posted by a-dub83 View Post
                                Keiaho is the future MIKE in my opinion. He'll probably see some time at SAM but I do not expect him to start to be honest. I know the coaching staff is high on him but I just see him as a perfect MIKE. He isn't a WILL because his coverage ability is lacking to say the least.
                                Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information