What does everyone think of Troy Smith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
    What has Flacco done? I think Troy Smith would have made that team better without having to have a revolving door at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
      What has Flacco done? I think Troy Smith would have made that team better without having to have a revolving door at WR.
      Win two playoff games his rookie year. Flacco has looked awesome in some games. He just needs to get his feet under him more.
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

I'm not saying Flacco isn't good or that he isn't really good or that he won't be great. I do think the Ravens would have had more success so far if they'd gone with Troy Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
          No they wouldn't, at least not if everything else had remained the same. They would still be 3-6, possibly 4-5
          Abaddon hates troy smith. Troy had the best game a niner qb has had in years. I'm excited to see what he does the rest of the year. He has gotten the niners out of last place so far.
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

ive always liked troy smith, i thought he has always had an NFL arm. hes what you get if mcnabb and brees had an illegitimate love child. glad hes finally getting his chance
            E]

Comment

His quick outs were better this week.

Troy didn't do many deep drops and seems to cut them off. That helped but the downside is his passes may get knocked down as the Defenses get a read on him.

Need to see him more and vs better teams.

Comment

hes got all the tools you look for in a quarterback, ive always thought the only reason he isnt a starter in this league and wasnt a high draft pick is because hes 6 feet tall and not 6'2".

I loved him comin out of Ohio State and i think he could be a starter in this league.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

The new Jeff Garcia in San Fran!

His mobility is crucial behind an inconsistent line(at best) and he has some good weapons to go downfield with.

I think he can have a fair bit of success if they put him in a position to succeed. Key though will be establishing some brute force in the running game and then supplementing it with the pass and using his strengths.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Menardo75 View Post
                    Abaddon hates troy smith. Troy had the best game a niner qb has had in years. I'm excited to see what he does the rest of the year. He has gotten the niners out of last place so far.
                    Which game do you think they would have won with Troy Smith if everything else had stayed the same? They definitely still would have lost at Seattle and Kansas City and probably would have lost to New Orleans and Philadelphia. If he had played they probably would have beaten Carolina but they would have won that if Alex Smith hadn't gotten injured as well. The only game that they probably would have won was at Atlanta but even that is iffy because the playcalling sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                      The only game that they probably would have won was at Atlanta but even that is iffy because the playcalling sucked.
                      And they still would have won if Clements didn't fumble the INT return.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                        I'm not shy to like prospects from OSU. I wasn't sold on Gholston or Robiskie and am currently not sold on Posey and Pryor. Troy Smith I was really high on coming out, I remember all those Brady Quinn vs Troy Smith debates. Troy was better in college and is better in the pros already. His senior year he had "it" and was just a great football player who made play after play with his arm. He just needed a chance, I'm glad he's finally getting one in San Fran.
                        Troy Smith was in no way better than Brady Quinn in college. He was on a better team, sure, but he played in a spread offense and only threw when the run wasn't working.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          Troy Smith was in no way better than Brady Quinn in college. He was on a better team, sure, but he played in a spread offense and only threw when the run wasn't working.
                          This can't be a serious statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            Woody Hayes has been doing a kick ass job of coaching the team despite the notable handicap of being dead.

As for Troy Smith... maybe he really is good, but the guy went from being 3rd string in Baltimore to cut to 3rd string in San Francisco to superstar? I'll wait a few games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                              I'm completely serious. Brady may have sucked it up in the NFL, but in college he was the man. I'm in the Scott Wright school of thought on Brady Quinn though. He was asked to do a lot more in college and did it at a very high level.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I'm completely serious. Brady may have sucked it up in the NFL, but in college he was the man. I'm in the Scott Wright school of thought on Brady Quinn though. He was asked to do a lot more in college and did it at a very high level.
                                You know you're not going in the right direction when you have Sniper defending Ohio State.

Troy threw for 2500 yards and 30 TDs his Heisman season with a completion percentage of 65.3% and 8.17 yards per attempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information