Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does everyone think of Troy Smith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    I haven't seen him yet, but let's see how he does now that opposing defenses have a couple of games worth of film on him.
    So.....yeah.

    Comment


    • #77
      He is not the long term answer. Good #2. The 49ers biggest question is at QB. They are young enough on offense to draft a QB to groom and develop into a franchise signal caller but can also benefit from signing/trading for a proven veteran in the off season. They have spent quite a few top picks on the o-line, they have a great TE, good WRs and a very good RB.

      Comment


      • #78
        His statline against TB: 16/31, 148 yards, 0 TD 1 INT, 51.6% completion, 4.8 YPA, 51.5 QBR

        Yeah, not a good game at all. As a QB fighting for the starting job for next year, you can't have these type of games when you only have 9 games to prove yourself. Looking more like a solid backup than anything.

        Comment


        • #79
          Basura. 10char

          "I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

          Comment


          • #80
            I hope that not a single QB who is currently on the roster returns next year.

            **** them, and hitch Singletary to them as well.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • #81
              Stop it guys! Troy Smith just hasn't had a fair chance yet. He's going to be a franchise quarterback.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                Or, yanno, just spend one on a legit QB to play behind them. With experience, hopefully the o-line will develop. But it's an overall young group with 2 rookies, it's going to have issues regardless of how talented they are.

                Whoever they get to play QB should have some nice things to work with...better than what most teams who draft a new QB get. Davis, Crabtree, Gore, a talented but inexperienced o-line...

                It's not the QB, I'm tired of people blaming the QB. They need a new coaching staff first and foremost. Shaun Hill was good when Mike Martz was here, Sing took over, canned Martz and it's been a graveyard ever since. They never even gave Troy a chance in this game.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by P-L View Post
                  Stop it guys! Troy Smith just hasn't had a fair chance yet. He's going to be a franchise quarterback.

                  Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    Or, yanno, just spend one on a legit QB to play behind them. With experience, hopefully the o-line will develop. But it's an overall young group with 2 rookies, it's going to have issues regardless of how talented they are.

                    Whoever they get to play QB should have some nice things to work with...better than what most teams who draft a new QB get. Davis, Crabtree, Gore, a talented but inexperienced o-line...
                    It's Sing's philosophy more than just below-par QB play. On multiple occasions this season, opposing defenders have said they knew what plays the 49ers were running before they snapped the ball.

                    Shaun Hill
                    Alex Smith
                    Troy Smith

                    None are that great but ALL 3 displayed ability to move the ball when given aggressive playcalling the last 2 seasons.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      To be fair, the playcalling against the Bucs was vanilla and predictable.

                      Troy's got a shot to be the franchise, but I'm highly skeptical. He'd have to finish tremendously to get that opportunity. Right now he's their best option at QB.
                      Just play me, baby

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
                        To be fair, the playcalling against the Bucs was vanilla and predictable.

                        Troy's got a shot to be the franchise, but I'm highly skeptical. He'd have to finish tremendously to get that opportunity. Right now he's their best option at QB.
                        It has been that way all year but everyone blamed in on Alex Smith before. Now it is pretty obvious it is mostly not the quarterbacks fault, it is the coaching.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I think that Troy Smith finally turned into a pumpkin.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Like him. Niners should keep him and Davis and trade away Smith to a team who needs reliable depth.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                              Like him. Niners should keep him and Davis and trade away Smith to a team who needs reliable depth.
                              Alex Smith = UFA.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                                It's Sing's philosophy more than just below-par QB play. On multiple occasions this season, opposing defenders have said they knew what plays the 49ers were running before they snapped the ball.

                                Shaun Hill
                                Alex Smith
                                Troy Smith

                                None are that great but ALL 3 displayed ability to move the ball when given aggressive playcalling the last 2 seasons.
                                Agree 100%, but I think it's a foregone conclusion that Singletary's days in SF are numbered now.

                                Troy's best asset: he doesnt fumble or throw the obvious panicky INTs like the Other Smith.

                                His biggest drawback: he is only 6 ft. tall if that, gets at least one pass batted back by huge D-linemen per game & usually at the worst times.

                                He seems to be a better than avg. game mgr. & has a very good head for the game, & he has been throwing to Ginn almost forever so they have some mojo working, those s/b reasons the 9ers will keep him as a backup.

                                And that means Alex Smith is done, no more going into a new season with He's Our Man philosophy b/c he's run out of chances imho, also adios is Singletary & all other coaches not named Manusky as far as I'm concerned. Which begs the original question: the 9ers will be HC hunting & QB hunting this offseason, maybe maneuvering in the draft for Luck if he's there, if they have any sense they will.

                                But remember this is a FO that's been shaken up & operating without a true GM for a long while & a team that filled its needs last April but had to count to rookies performing way beyond reasonable expectations for rookies, so they will be finishing at like 5-11 at best or 4-12 & will have to trade up for Luck or even Locker if the QBs are at the premium they have been in recent drafts.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information