No announcement yet.

What does everyone think of Troy Smith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does everyone think of Troy Smith?

Season (2 starts): 29/47, 552 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 11.7 YPA, 116.6 QB rating

Yesterday, against the Rams: 17/28, 356 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 12.7 YPA

I was a little wary after his first start, IMO he only looked OK overall. But he was insanely good yesterday. He made a ton of plays despite a bad performance by the OL. I don't know if he's the QBOTF or anything like that, but he's earned a starting job for this year at least.

I saw parts of the game and I came away impressed. I don't know what it is but he has "it". (Same can be said for Colt McCoy.) Lets see if he can keep it up.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I only caught the end of the game, but I was impressed with what I saw.
      "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
        Season (2 starts): 29/47, 552 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 11.7 YPA, 116.6 QB rating

Yesterday, against the Rams: 17/28, 356 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 12.7 YPA

I was a little wary after his first start, IMO he only looked OK overall. But he was insanely good yesterday. He made a ton of plays despite a bad performance by the OL. I don't know if he's the QBOTF or anything like that, but he's earned a starting job for this year at least.
        ................ might be. Fun.

You can win with him, that's for sure.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Better QB than Brady Quinn might be the besy QB of the 2007 NFL draft. He played great yesterday, his O-line cost him 2 TDs.

Comment

He did play well yesterday. Let's see him keep it up. If the draft were tomorrow, I don't think they should pass on a potential franchise QB for Troy.

But if he continues to play well, he just might earn himself another year of starting.

Comment

Apparently I am the only one who thought that the offensive line played very well outside of a handful of plays yesterday. So far his game has been about taking chances and those chances going in his favor. He definitely was not incredible yesterday, very good would be a better description. There were a lot of plays when he held onto the ball far too long, resulting in 3 sacks, and threw some passes that should never have been thrown that were somehow completed (like the touchdown to Davis that was called back or the 36 yard gain to Walker).

Comment

Originally posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
                Apparently I am the only one who thought that the offensive line played very well outside of a handful of plays yesterday. So far his game has been about taking chances and those chances going in his favor. He definitely was not incredible yesterday, very good would be a better description. There were a lot of plays when he held onto the ball far too long, resulting in 3 sacks, and threw some passes that should never have been thrown that were somehow completed (like the touchdown to Davis that was called back or the 36 yard gain to Walker).
                Chris Long was having his way with Anthony Davis. He was in the backfield seemingly every play and drew a couple of those killer holds. Maybe your whole line wasn't bad, but Davis was brutal.

Comment

I guess now that he knows he has a chance to start has improved his game because his last year in Baltimore he was horrible. Showed horrible accuracy and always wanted to pull down and run even when it wasn't necessary. Didnt' see the game but based on the highlights I am surprisingly impressed. We'll see I guess. Plenty of guys have looked good in few game spurts.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I'm a big fan of Troy Smith, and was a huge fan when he came out of Ohio State and always thought with a chance, that he'd be good. Yesterday he did a great job, especially in evading sacks. Chris Long should have had 2 more than what he had, but Smiiths ability to move and throw on the run made the difference. I can definitely see him being a Quarterback of the Future if he keeps this up. He was also more accurate yesterday that what I expected/remembered. And the Rams Defense is NOT that bad, it's actually pretty good.

He's only 26, and is providing San Fransisco with a spark.
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I was shocked to see how well he was playing yesterday. I think that most likely he plays out the year, does well and starts next year as their drafted qb sits.

I love that he is playing well. He just got unlucky and missed out on his opportunity to be the starter in Baltimore because of illness.

He had some nice zip on a lot of his passes and he really bought himself time when his line couldn't hold up. I think he deserves to be the starter for the rest of the year just to see what they have. He is looking better than what Alex Smith had shown. Just work Frank Gore and those TEs and he should find more success.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        Chris Long was having his way with Anthony Davis. He was in the backfield seemingly every play and drew a couple of those killer holds. Maybe your whole line wasn't bad, but Davis was brutal.
                        Long was destroying Davis regularly but the 49ers noticed it and were chipping him with Gore or giving Davis tight end help after the 1st Q. Smith had a lot of time to throw on most of his big plays

Comment

I always liked Troy. I knew he wasnt a great QB prospect because of his height, and also he was extremely mechanical as a passer in college (to the point where it didnt look natural to him) - but I still thought he had a solid chance to have a good NFL career. I thought he fell way too far in the draft and it's unfortunate that it took this long for him to get his shot

Ultimately, I'm still not sure if he'll ever be that "franchise" QB you want, but I think he's better than a career back up too.

Comment

I haven't seen him yet, but let's see how he does now that opposing defenses have a couple of games worth of film on him.

Comment

He's no Isiah Stanbeck

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information