Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears about to hibernate, or go Grizzly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-5. Wins against the Patriots and the Jets.

This team is completely unpredictable and what should make sense, well, doesn't. They smash Dallas on the road and Minnesota at home. They beat Green Bay at home. They play like **** against Seattle and Washington...at home. And let's not even talk about the Giants **** fest.

The games we should have a decent shot at winning (Miami, Detroit and Minnesota) will probably result in losses. And in the games we should get stomped (Jets, Pats and Packers) we'll probably play pretty well.

I'd really like to eat crow though and see us close out this schedule with a winning record (10-6). But, I'm about done getting my hopes up that we can turn the corner so I'm shooting my expectations very low.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I seriously don't understand how they keep winning but by all means please keep doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        I seriously don't understand how they keep winning but by all means please keep doing it.
        The Bears are the anti-Chargers.

Whereas the Chargers have an overall high level of talent, an efficient and productive downfield passing game, and put up great stats.. yet still lose because of stupid mistakes and horrid special teams.. the Bears have a mediocre level of talent (although the combination of Cutler, Peppers and Urlacher bump that up) , an oft-dreadful passing game, and put up bad stats.. yet still win because of no mistakes and amazing special teams.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
          The Bears are the anti-Chargers.

Whereas the Chargers have an overall high level of talent, an efficient and productive downfield passing game, and put up great stats.. yet still lose because of stupid mistakes and horrid special teams.. the Bears have a mediocre level of talent (although the combination of Cutler, Peppers and Urlacher bump that up) , an oft-dreadful passing game, and put up bad stats.. yet still win because of no mistakes and amazing special teams.

But the Bears make plenty of mistakes....Cutler makes sure of that.

Comment

Haha, true. I meant more as in penalties/special teams screwups/defensive lapses. I included Cutler's turnovers in the poor passing game aspect.

Comment

The Redskins game has been the only one so far this year where he's been the 2009 version of Cutler.

Comment

No 0-7 option?

Comment

im not sure if people have watched the bears recently

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                    No 0-7 option?
                    At least then we'd fire everybody...

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                      im not sure if people have watched the bears recently
                      I'm sure people have NOT watched the Bears recently. Why would someone ever do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                        I'm sure people have NOT watched the Bears recently. Why would someone ever do that?
                        well i for myself dont make ridiculous statements about stuff i have not seen or experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by jsa230 View Post
                          Where is the 7-0 option?
                          And the 0-7. Seriously, I will go 2-5. Winning at Miami and Detroit.

Comment

This really has not been the case this season. The mistakes have been made by:

Jerry Angelo (****** talent evaluation)
                            Lovie Smith (****** coaching re: timeouts/challenges)
                            Johnny Knox (occasional Pop Warner route running)
                            Devin Hester (occasional falling down like an idiot)
                            the O line (turnstiles with no push)
                            Mike Martz (****** playcalling for 90% of the season)

The only game Cutler's looked stupid in was against the Redskins.

Anyway...I've got them beating Miami and Detroit. 8-8. They miss the playoffs. Lovie and Angelo don't lose their jobs. The crappiness/mediocrity continues. I jump off a bridge.

Comment

Cutler is definitely not the problem on the Bears. TBH, he's the only reason they're not ranked dead last in every NFL offensive category.

He's in by far the worst situation of any NFL quarterback when you consider his coaching staff, offensive lines, and "weapons" he has to work with. 90% of NFL quarterbacks would have been on IR by week four; or at the very least, developed glazed-eye David Carr syndrome.

But Cutler keeps getting right back up and firing the ball. Dude's a stud, and has gone to one of the most under-appreciated and underrated players in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                                Cutler is definitely not the problem on the Bears. TBH, he's the only reason they're not ranked dead last in every NFL offensive category.

He's in by far the worst situation of any NFL quarterback when you consider his coaching staff, offensive lines, and "weapons" he has to work with. 90% of NFL quarterbacks would have been on IR by week four; or at the very least, developed glazed-eye David Carr syndrome.

But Cutler keeps getting right back up and firing the ball. Dude's a stud, and has gone to one of the most under-appreciated and underrated players in the NFL.
                                I'm glad some none Bears fans can realize this. It seems like most of the time, they just sit back and say "lolCutlerfailz" and assume it's all his fault.

Like last season, for as often as Cutler ****** up, he was the only reason we went 7-9. If we still had say, Kyle Orton at QB, I think we would have been a 3-13 kind of team. Our defense got no pass rush and our safeties couldn't cover, Urlacher was hurt, our o-line was still bad, Forte was playing hurt all year, and our WR corps were even worse seeming. The fact that we were even in some of those games enough for him to lose them was nothing short of a miracle...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information