Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the best 3-4 DE's in the game today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Can everyone finally agree with me now that Aaron Smith is the most important player on Pitt's defense?
    Hell no I am still Team Troy

Comment

Can everyone finally agree with me now that Aaron Smith is the most important player on Pitt's defense?
      ive always said that....i dont think its a coincidence troy is being made a fool out there this year since the dline is in shambles.

evander hood easily makes the list of the top 10 worst starting 34 DEs right now....hes atrocious, i been saying that since april 09 though
      E]

Comment

Didn't you hear? Troy Polamalu is the best defensive back in the NFL apparently. There was a big thread about it earlier this season and everything.

Oh wait...
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
          ive always said that....i dont think its a coincidence troy is being made a fool out there this year since the dline is in shambles.

evander hood easily makes the list of the top 10 worst starting 34 DEs right now....hes atrocious, i been saying that since april 09 though
          Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Didn't you hear? Troy Polamalu is the best defensive back in the NFL apparently. There was a big thread about it earlier this season and everything.

Oh wait...
          I agreed on the first page ten fold. I've been saying this since last year when both Smith and Polamalu were hurt.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          I tried to keep pointing out last year just how good and important to the Steelers defense Aaron Smith is/was. But Polamalu was out at the same time and just about everybody like to write his absence off as the reason for their decline.

Now the Steelers are without Smith but have Polamalu....and abortions like the Pats game happen. Polamalu is like the icing on the cake...he lines up all over and takes advantage of the pressure the front 7 usually creates. But Smith is the key cog that makes it all run. Without him holding the point and taking on multiple blockers, the linebackers don't run quite as free, the pass rush doesn't get there as quickly, and the secondary is exposed for being as bad as it really is. Force Polamalu into deep zones and suddenly his impactfulness goes to hell.....

Smith is damn, damn fine player and 2nd only to in-his-prime Seymour as a 3-4 end imo.

But like other people have been saying, so many defenses are running muddled 3-4s that it's hard to tell who is what.

Comment

I've been saying this for the last few years, and I pointed out how overrated he is in the Troy Polamalu Better Then Darrelle Revis? Thread a few months back. Its absolutely insane how many people are all over his jock.
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
              i just think hes the unquestioned best dlineman in the game right now no matter where he lines up....not the mention the ravens seem to play alot of 43 and move him all over. ngata and suh are two of my favorite dline players ever, glad to see them both crushing the world
              I agree, and think that makes him the best 3-4 DE/5 tech in the game. His versatility also puts him in the conversation as the best 3-4 NT, 4-3 DE, UT, NT, the man is so athletic he could play at the second level, and probably decapitate Desean Jackson coming across the middle at the third level... I was glad to see Suh not crush Buffalo, but also have been glad to see him living up to the expectations.
              "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                I meant in his youthful days...Position was made for guys like him tbh...The pure size, length, and athleticism is what the position takes advantage of, and it's why guys like Seymour and Smith have been so successful...Nowadays he's not much of a mover or shaker but back even 6-7 years ago he and Henderson were the Williams Brothers of the day.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot about Warren. He's at the top of the 2nd tier.
                Whew... I hear you about him and Henderson, as well as the attribute correlation, right on, thanks for the clarity!

Deion Sanders

Comment

Ngata is head and shoulders above anyone else in the league right now when it comes to 5 tech play. In fact, he might be the most dominant defensive lineman regardless of scheme. He's been near unstoppable this season.

Justin Smith, Aaron Smith, Richard Seymour, Randy Starks, and Darnell Dockett would round out the elite group I'd imagine..
                  Well said about Ngata, I agree. I dont think I would put Starks on the list yet, and would put Cullen Jenkins in his place on that list right now from what I have seen, reminds me of J. Smith's tenacity, and Dockett's athleticism...

Deion Sanders

Comment

I always thought Chris Canty was really good there. We play him at DT but he has the perfect body for a 3-4 DE. Tall, big, long arms.

Comment

Brett kneisel getting underrated!

Comment

If I was to rate them who purely play in a 34 it would be

1. Ron Brace
                        2. Brandon Deaderick
                        3. Gerard Warren
                        4. Mike Wright
                        5. Myron Pryor
                        6. Vince Wilfork
                        7. Ty Warren
                        8. Haloti Ngata
                        9. Aaron Smith
                        10. Darnell Docket

But really the top 7 is interchangeable

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                          For all the talk about the Steelers' guys being underrated it feels like absolutely no one has any clue how good Darnell Dockett is. Guy's been the most underrated DL in the game going on 3 years now...Even during the SB run he seemed to fly under the radar despite how beast he was down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                            For all the talk about the Steelers' guys being underrated it feels like absolutely no one has any clue how good Darnell Dockett is. Guy's been the most underrated DL in the game going on 3 years now...Even during the SB run he seemed to fly under the radar despite how beast he was down the stretch.
                            I dont see how he's underrated, I'm pretty sure everyone here has put him in or just outside their Top 5. Thats pretty good recognition if you ask me.

Comment

I dont see how he's underrated, I'm pretty sure everyone here has put him in or just outside their Top 5. Thats pretty good recognition if you ask me.
                              Meh maybe I expected more...I possibly have this idea ingrained into me because some seemed insulted that I made a Dockett comparison for Suh.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                                He's so underrated that his name is misspelled :P

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Now look at this list of prospective 3-4 DEs.

Marcel Dareus
                                Adrian Clayborn
                                Nick Fairley
                                Cameron Jordan
                                Allen Bailey
                                Cameron Heyward
                                Stephen Paea
                                Christian Ballard
                                Jared Crick
                                Muhammad Wilkerson
                                Marvin Austin
                                Jarvis Jenkins

How big of a shift do you think we'll see in that original list of 10?
                                Definitely alot of potential studs there. The unfortunate thing is that the translation to this position is so very difficult to project. And even in those who are expected to excel it tends to take a couple of years at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information