Vick gets a new thread for this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    Well obviously the numbers are pretty. But what about him is better? He's the same exact player. His flaws before are still his same flaws. The good coaches in this league are going to get him like they did before.
    He's much better progressing through reads and being accurate with the shorter routes. He honestly looks like he is studying the defense now, whereas before he reacted to it.

He looks like he's actually working now, as opposed to just showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
      He's much better progressing through reads and being accurate with the shorter routes. He honestly looks like he is studying the defense now, whereas before he reacted to it.

He looks like he's actually working now, as opposed to just showing up.
      Well that's where we disagree. I see him completing the deep ball. I do see him making the progressions in his head, but I see him being hesistant to throw those passes. He's making the progressions and trying to pass before he runs but at the end of the day he's still running. The line as been giving him a ton of time.

Sure it certainly helps me dislike him being on the Eagles. But I disliked him on Atlanta. And his actions sure didn't help my existing dislike for him.

Comment

The problem with defending Vick against people that just flat out hate him, is that it's lose-lose. I mean, they'll never admit he is any good. He would have to have a flawless season, because even if he has one subpar game (hell, probably even pass) they will just point to that and go "look, that one game there, that's the real Vick. Ignore the other 14 games. They are aberrations where the defense didn't try. That one game, that's the one that matters."

I mean, honestly, Vick could go, let's say... 20-28 with 333 yards and 4 TD's, and then run for, oh, I don't know, 8 carries and 80 yards with 2 TD's... and this could all be in a blowout where the second half he doesn't even have to throw. I mean, that's ridiculous, because, honestly, I doubt that would ever happen.

But, even if it did, people that dislike Vick would still be on here bashing him, saying he's not complete. Crazy, right?

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
          But, even if it did, people that dislike Vick would still be on here bashing him, saying he's not complete. Crazy, right?
          Do you think the Redskins defense had a smart plan against him or even gave what looked like a respresentative NFL defense? I think the win against the Colts was more impressive than the 58 last night.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
            A bit of both. Depends how late you got them, i suppose.
            vick after week 2, foster in the draft, lloyd after week 4. i'm just extremely lucky, and everyone else in the league extremely dumb for not grabbing them.

Comment

Do you think the Redskins defense had a smart plan against him or even gave what looked like a respresentative NFL defense? I think the win against the Colts was more impressive than the 58 last night.
              I think their idea to use Landry to spy Vick was a lot better than your idea to use Fletcher. Fletcher has 0 shot of running Vick down. Literally. That would be as helpful as myself spying Vick from my chair at home (which I definitely did, Vick is sexy).

What was more impressive about that game?

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                vick after week 2, foster in the draft, lloyd after week 4. i'm just extremely lucky, and everyone else in the league extremely dumb for not grabbing them.
                Same. Vick, Foster, Lloyd and Hillis are carrying one team where I completely botched the draft. Other than grabbing Foster, I suppose.

Comment

I don't see how people can say this is the same Vick as old.
                  He's never played this good before in his life!
                  The progression, the determination to pass and only running when he has too (or designed to)
                  This is the Vick we all thought he could turn into. It's fun to watch
                  -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Well obviously the numbers are pretty. But what about him is better? He's the same exact player.

Comment

You are fooling yourself if you think Vick is still the same player he was a few years ago. That or extremely, extremely ignorant.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Nice to see that we still have a good old-fashioned Vick thread left in us.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          You are fooling yourself if you think Vick is still the same player he was a few years ago. That or extremely, extremely ignorant.
                          The main difference in my mind is a better coach. And better deep threats. But as a player the only difference I see is he winces more after taking hits. I'm just hoping Andy gets pass happy this Sunday. Because I don't think our D coordinator is smart enough to stop the offensive attack. There are guys are out there who can. I just don't think we have that guy.

Comment

Also, it's unfortunate that we couldnt' see this player during his first decade playing. Didn't play five years (2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009) and played backyard footballl during most of the others (2004, 2005, 2006).

Had he had dedication and a coaching staff like this, we're talking about one of the best of all time.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

The main difference in my mind is a better coach. And better deep threats. But as a player the only difference I see is he winces more after taking hits. I'm just hoping Andy gets pass happy this Sunday. Because I don't think our D coordinator is smart enough to stop the offensive attack. There are guys are out there who can. I just don't think we have that guy.
                              You're not really this dense, are you? Fine, I'll spell it out for you.

His throwing accuracy is night and day. He fits the ball into tight windows when he has to, whereas '03 Mike Vick would either take off and run or get picked. His throw to Jackson last night was about as pretty as it gets. He dropped a ******* rainbow right into Jackson's hands, leading him perfectly. His touchdown to Avant was amazing. '03 Mike Vick would have scrambled six times by the time last night's Vick threaded the ball between two defenders into a tight window. His patience with the football is incredible. Jaws and Chucky were raving about it last night. Instead of going "Oh, first man's covered, time to scramble", Vick goes through his progressions at a level I never thought possible. He only scrambles as a last resort.

Better targets doesn't mean a 33.5 jump in passer rating over your previous best or a 6.3 percent jump in completion percentage over your career best.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                                You're not really this dense, are you? Fine, I'll spell it out for you.

His throwing accuracy is night and day. He fits the ball into tight windows when he has to, whereas '03 Mike Vick would either take off and run or get picked. His throw to Jackson last night was about as pretty as it gets. He dropped a ******* rainbow right into Jackson's hands, leading him perfectly. His touchdown to Avant was amazing. '03 Mike Vick would have scrambled six times by the time last night's Vick threaded the ball between two defenders into a tight window. His patience with the football is incredible. Jaws and Chucky were raving about it last night. Instead of going "Oh, first man's covered, time to scramble", Vick goes through his progressions at a level I never thought possible. He only scrambles as a last resort.

Better targets doesn't mean a 33.5 jump in passer rating over your previous best or a 6.3 percent jump in completion percentage over your career best.
                                His deep ball accuracy was always beautiful. Obviously that hasn't changed. He throws the best ball deep ball in the game. He just can't throw intermediately. Yeah the Avant TD was nice too, but that's what he can't and has never done consistently. And please About Jaws and Chucky. Jaws loves every Eagles, and Gruden thinks everyone playing in that weeks game is the greatest player in the NFL. Its hard to imagine he was ever a coach in the NFL with the way he thinks everyone is amazing.

The main difference I see is what you said about first man is covered and then scramble. He doesn't do that anymore. He goes through all the progressions but then still holds onto the ball and still scrambles. He's still extremely tentative on intermediate throws.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information