Vick gets a new thread for this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    Also, it's unfortunate that we couldnt' see this player during his first decade playing. Didn't play five years (2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009) and played backyard footballl during most of the others (2004, 2005, 2006).

Had he had dedication and a coaching staff like this, we're talking about one of the best of all time.
    This. What a douchenozzle he was then.

The new Vick actually shows up, has a work ethic, and gives a **** about the game of football as more than a way to promote himself and make bank to finance an ignorant lifestyle.

His play is absolutely awesome this year but let's not get too carried away. He won't face a sloppy, porous D that has guys like lazy Fat Al laying down on the field every week. That was one of the most pathetic defensive performances I've seen in years, and that includes the eggs laid by the Cowboys over the last few weeks.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
      Can't wait for Vick to lay hands on the NY Giants.
      Keep thinking his current game is a 'fluke', and not the new and improved MV. For the first time in his career, VIck is a pass first QB who's going through his reads and scrambles out of the pocket with his eyes downfield looking to pass.

Vick doesn't have to survey a defense like Peyton Manning to be devastating. All Vick has to do is be adequate finding open WRs.
      If he doesn't get hurt again and incorporates Celek more into the offense, the Eagles are set up to go places this year, IMO.
      I actually think he'll give the Giants a lot of trouble. The Gints couldnt even get to Charlie Whitehurst and he has one of the most disfunctional lines in the league. The thing the Giants have going for them though is good coaching. That 3-4 that the Skins were trying to run last night was atrocius. I'm taking the Eagles giving the points.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
        I actually think he'll give the Giants a lot of trouble. The Gints couldnt even get to Charlie Whitehurst and he has one of the most disfunctional lines in the league. The thing the Giants have going for them though is good coaching. That 3-4 that the Skins were trying to run last night was atrocius. I'm taking the Eagles giving the points.
        I hope we're more aggresive. I don't think we were really trying too hard to get to Whitehurst. We knew we were talented enough to not blitz at all and still roll the Seahawks. Our main mistake was thinking we could do the same against the Cowboys. Despite being 1-7 and having Kitna behind center, the Cowboys are obviously way more talented than a Whitehurst QBed Seattle team. I blame Fewell for that loss. Underestimating the Cowboys and then not making changes. I expect to me more aggresive. We've been very successful in the past with Vick and his running. But that was under a different coordinators. Even before Spags. Boley will be key this week. He's quick enough to spy him. Or even Rolle. I'd hope to see a lot of big nickel with three safeties on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          I hope we're more aggresive. I don't think we were really trying too hard to get to Whitehurst. We knew we were talented enough to not blitz at all and still roll the Seahawks. Our main mistake was thinking we could do the same against the Cowboys. Despite being 1-7 and having Kitna behind center, the Cowboys are obviously way more talented than a Whitehurst QBed Seattle team. I blame Fewell for that loss. Underestimating the Cowboys and then not making changes. I expect to me more aggresive. We've been very successful in the past with Vick and his running. But that was under a different coordinators. Even before Spags. Boley will be key this week. He's quick enough to spy him. Or even Rolle. I'd hope to see a lot of big nickel with three safeties on the field.
          I couldnt help think of the old Giants 3-4 when they brought up that was what the Redskins were trying to run. I guess L.T., Banks, Carson......arent walking through that door anytime soon are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
            I couldnt help think of the old Giants 3-4 when they brought up that was what the Redskins were trying to run. I guess L.T., Banks, Carson......arent walking through that door anytime soon are they?
            Haha no. But the Skins problem was the line. Obviously their linebackers aren't like those guys, but they're not bad. Orakpo, Fletcher, and McIntosh are certainly good enough. Can't think of their other LB. Problem is the line. That Giants 3-4 had overlooked guys in Burt, Martin, and Marshall because they were doing all the dirty work for the LBers to clean up on.

Comment

I wonder how many teams could have gotten Vick last off-season for a 2nd and a future mid round pick? I know a ton of teams are regretting that right now, because while he had some offers nobody really stepped up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                This is still the same Vick before he went to prison.
                This was a hilarious comment that couldn't be any more wrong. It really doesn't ever deserve much more of a response then I've already given it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  Why couldn't this have been our Michael Vick? sigh... He had the accuracy of a stormtrooper in a Star Wars movie when he was in Atlanta.
                  He didn't have DeSean Jackson or Jeremy Maclin then or a pass-always playcaller like Andy Bubba Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                    He didn't have DeSean Jackson or Jeremy Maclin then or a pass-always playcaller like Andy Bubba Reid.
                    None of which affect his accuracy or patience in the least.

Are the doubters out there even watching this guy? Seriously, I understand if you hate him. But that shouldn't impact the ability to see he has genuinely turned himself into a top notch football player who puts in the time, effort and work it takes to be a true difference maker. Those are the reasons he is incredibly accurate and patient in the role of QB now, not his WRs or playcaller.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                      It's been 55:45 this year.

Comment

• As an Eagles fan I'm pleasantly surprised with Vick. I was an advocate for Kolb starting and still think at the time would have been the right call, but Vick has proven me wrong bigtime. I expected the same qb from Atlanta but he really has progressed into a very good passer.

Comment

• You guys have to be ******* kidding me if you think Vick is the same QB now that he was in Atlanta. That's based off a lot of bad memory apparently. I know Michael Vick, I saw Michael Vick, I can attest that he has completely changed his approach to the game. He was closer to Kordell Stewart in Atlanta, now he is Steve Young. From his mechanics, to his accuracy, to his patience, to his confidence. It is 100% different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                            It's been 55:45 this year.
                            We as Philly fans are wondering why it took so long...
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• As we see this change in how Vick approaches the QB position, I wonder what it is that changed him to play like this. Anyone know? Is it Reid?

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                                As we see this change in how Vick approaches the QB position, I wonder what it is that changed him to play like this. Anyone know? Is it Reid?
                                Reid gets some credit, McNabb gets a lot of credit for showing Vick wat type of work ethic it takes. QB coach James Urban gets credit, as well as Mornhinweg. They have all helped with tweaking his footwork and throwing posture. I'm sure Kolb has offered some help as well.

Lets not forget Vick deserves a lot of credit for changing into what he is now too. I said it last night watching the game half jokingly, but its true... Just call him Optimus Prime, Vick is changing right before our eyes.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information