Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
    I thought we had something special. :(

Says everyone. You know it's bad when I'd rather live in Jersey than Ohio.
    That's just stupid talk. Jersey is an armpit. At least you have Christie trying to clean things up.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
      It's weird because I have had season tickets for the past 8 years or so and I've never seen anything besides people chanting ass hole or something towards someone in the dawg pound with an opposing jersey on. Obviously I can't be everywhere in the stadium at once but literally the only fight I've seen was between browns fans.
      I've worn my Bears jersey to a few games and the worst I got was trash thrown at me. But, I'm a grown man, and Browns fans usually have mutual respect for Bears fans.

I've never seen more people collectively drunk than at Browns games. People get drunk everywhere, obviously, but I've seen more people passing out and puking at Browns games alone than all of my other sports experiences combined.

I also have some Cincinnati friends who were physically attacked for just wearing Bengals jerseys. It's a small sample, but you hear a lot more things like that, and there are a lot of cities where stuff like that simply wouldn't fly. Browns fans generally seem to encourage it as it bolsters their imagine (see also: Oakland, Philly)

I would also say that it's obviously not most Browns fans, and it's certainly not most of Cleveland. I love the city itself.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Says everyone. You know it's bad when I'd rather live in Jersey than Ohio.
        Yes, everyone is dying to live in scenic Newark, Trenton and East Rutherford.
        Originally posted by wonderbredd24
        Unfortunately, every fan base has morons like this that think tackling an 8 year old or something along those lines somehow means their team wins the game.
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Wrong. I grew up in Northern Ohio, have lived in many cities, and have been to many other NFL games. Browns fans might not be the worst, but they're up there.
        So, for clarification, which part of my statement is the wrong part?

Comment

Because there are certain fan bases that simply aren't like that. I live in Minnesota now (when I'm not in Spain anyway) and the insults people yell are hilarious. When I wear my Bears jersey people usually compliment me on what a nice city Chicago is.

The Cleveland Browns fans pride themselves on being "blue-collar" and roudy. Most simply leave it at that, or leave it at getting drunk and acting slightly annoying, but there's definitely a large element that is a lot more aggressive about it, and that's simply not something that you can say every fan-base has. I've been to a lot of sporting events, I've never seen fans act like they do at Browns stadium.

Comment

Kid needs to get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              Because there are certain fan bases that simply aren't like that. I live in Minnesota now (when I'm not in Spain anyway) and the insults people yell are hilarious. When I wear my Bears jersey people usually compliment me on what a nice city Chicago is.

The Cleveland Browns fans pride themselves on being "blue-collar" and roudy. Most simply leave it at that, or leave it at getting drunk and acting slightly annoying, but there's definitely a large element that is a lot more aggressive about it, and that's simply not something that you can say every fan-base has. I've been to a lot of sporting events, I've never seen fans act like they do at Browns stadium.
              Ah, so none of it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                Ah, so none of it. Thanks.
                You said every fan base has fans like that. I'm telling you that is wrong. Maybe go back and read?

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  You said every fan base has fans like that. I'm telling you that is wrong. Maybe go back and read?
                  So you're seriously gonna sit there and tell me that there hasn't been a dumb ass situation like this from every fan base in the league? Really?

The Charger fan who got stabbed by Raider fan thinks that is pretty funny.

Comment

Can we just go ahead and agree that drunk dudes at a football game = shenanigans?

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

So you're seriously gonna sit there and tell me that there hasn't been a dumb ass situation like this from every fan base in the league? Really?

Because, of course, Raiders fans embody the average sports fan.

Comment

Lmao ******* Cleveland fails again

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                          Lmao ******* Cleveland fails again
                          LMAO @ the idea of Oakland, ***thole capitol of the Pacific Rim.
                          Last edited by JoeJoeBrown; 11-17-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

He said that there are some fan bases that don't have fans like that. Bringing up the Raiders, which obviously wouldn't be included in that group, isn't a good point.

I have no doubt there's jackasses like the one previously mentioned exists in every fan base though. Just not to the degree or amount that some fan bases have.
                            Last edited by nrk; 11-17-2010, 06:25 PM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by nrk View Post
                              He said that there are some fan bases that don't have fans like that. Bringing up the Raiders, which obviously wouldn't be included in that group, isn't a good point.

I have no doubt there's jackasses like the one previously mentioned exists in every fan base though. Just not to the degree or amount that some fan bases have.
                              Agree 100%.

Also, something that people from the North (particularly the Rust Belt and the Northeast) don't get is that people in other areas of the country aren't as belligerent as they are. It was shocking to me how nice people were when I moved south. It seems like people always were on edge up north, ready to fight at the drop of a hat.

The difference is fantastic. I can't say that I would like to go back to that type of culture.

Comment

Yeah, my buddy (Vikings fan) travelled to a game in Cleveland last season and said the fans there were excessive with the hecklings and such. So I'm not surprised at all by this. It's not merely one bad apple of the bunch, it has now become a few......

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information