No announcement yet.

Trying to make sense of the muddled AFC West

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that if the Chargers beat Indy, then they are going to go 11-5.

Comment

I think the winner is either the Raiders or Bolts, & it will come down to head to head tiebreaker(s).

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
        I think the winner is either the Raiders or Bolts, & it will come down to head to head tiebreaker(s).
        The best SD can do is split their games with Oakland and they would have to go 3-1 in their remaining division games while Oakland would have to go 0-3 for SD to even make it to the third tiebreaker, which is common games. So far, among the games they share, SD is 3-4 to Oakland's 4-3.

I'm not saying SD can't do all that, but I think they're going to have to win the division right out to have a strong chance.

Comment

btw good writeup NIP.

Good mentioning Seymour, who's having the MVP yr. performance that Al Davis gave up so much to get him to see in silver & black. Sometimes Davis' give away the ranch long shots pay off.

Rarely do you see a team sunk like a rock by STs play that doesn't include onsides kicks, but it's happening with the Bolts.

Is KC entering a mid-season slump or can they use that youth & team speed to sustain their division lead? That's the biggest question, they simply outran teams to win in Sept/Oct, & Tamba Hali ran amok in what s/b a Pro Bowl yr.

Comment

OK I'm trying to shake the homer out of my system. If we lose to Denver on Monday I'll crawl into a despair pit for a while, but until then...

I'm not sure SD loses again this season. Look at the sked and tell me this is completely unreasonable:

vs. DEN, @Indy, vs. OAK, vs. KC, vs. SF, @ Cincy, @ DEN

Indy is always a tough matchup, but they're as injured as they've been in a long time and it's a track meet in that dome. Wild card: it will be Vincent Jackson's first game back. Sweet, sweet Vincent Jackson. I could write a whole essay on this matchup.

4 home games...all 3 division rivals, and San Fran. Talk about a statement stretch. Chargers have caught their rhythm again and we will literally have a parade of returning players...Floyd, Gates, Naanee, Jackson............................

..........................................Kaeding. :/

The Bengals, you know they're built tough and I could see them delivering a loss to us.

With the exception of the Indy matchup Chargers will be favored in every one of those matchups, and they might be favored in Indy anyway. I'm trying to be objective, but past history is pretty flawless. Rivers is having his best season and that is saying a whole lot. He is still undefeated in December and is impressive in every conceivable way. The D is actually not atrocious this year.

Special teams, what to say. Can't be any worse. Pretty great chance they will be better because, really, how could they not be. How could this persist for an entire season?

anyway I'm optimistic. Don't lose on Monday night pls.

Comment

Its still very up in the air right now for me. We could see the Chargers do what they have the last few seasons, going on a run with no compitition and win the division. Big difference though if KC and Oakland can compete right now so the division games will be huge.

KC has a very easy schedule so thats how I can see them taking the division. The defense is solid and with that running game things could be easy for them

For the Raiders we have one of the toughest ending schedules right now. Outside of Denver, our easiest games are against Jacksonville and Miami which are 2 teams that are easy wins IMO. I think we have the most talent in the division overall and this weeks game against Pittsburgh will be huge for us. Beating a team like that could be the factor to give our team complete confidence.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I still think we didn't deserve that SD win...but hey we did deserve the AZ game so the universe evens itself out =DDDD

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

It can't be more than 12 wins, as everyone already has at least 4 losses.

But let's not kid ourselves. 9 wins will do it. This division sucks.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                    anyway I'm optimistic. Don't lose on Monday night pls.
                    See San Diego scares me a lot, but I'm somewhat comforted by the fact that they've lost a lot of games they were the clear favorites in.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      See San Diego scares me a lot, but I'm somewhat comforted by the fact that they've lost a lot of games they were the clear favorites in.
                      Couldn't agree here more. They lost the "winnable" games at the start of the season. I know they're late bloomers so to speak, but to win out would be difficult. The AFC West usually plays each other tough.

If the Raiders beat the Steelers this weekend, it's their division to lose, pure and simple. That will be a huge statement game.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

The only way the Chiefs win the Div is if they win out at home, they won't win another game on the road they suck on the road.

That would put them at 9-7 which I think could to it but it will be close.

Comment

Chiefs up comming schedule:
                          home vs. AZ
                          @ Seattle
                          home vs. Denver
                          @ SD
                          @ Stl Rams
                          home vs. Tenn
                          home vs. Oak

Chiefs will got 5-2 with loses to Tenn and SD. Close out the season 10-6 and win the division.

I can be hopeful, right?
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

As much as i would love to be all for this to happen .... its very hard for me to sit back and be in ease with the raiders they always break my heart some how some way. My gutt i guess doesnt have confidence in this team yet to really be consistant in the long haul for the rest of the season but i hope i am wrong! My honest guess the raiders go 8-8 mayb 9-7 at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              The only way the Chiefs win the Div is if they win out at home, they won't win another game on the road they suck on the road.

That would put them at 9-7 which I think could to it but it will be close.
                              Suck? No. They haven't finished teams on the road, but they've been in control in every road game except Denver (Indy game was just weird, but the Chiefs should have won). They need to stop letting teams hang around so long. If they start converting 3rd downs on the road, they will win the division.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                                On Denver: I just can't see Denver turning their season around. I could even see them losing more than 5 or more games the rest of the way. They've got a dynamic passing attack which can pull out a couple surprise wins (like this Monday against the Chargers), but I expect this team to quit on the season with another loss or two, just like they did in 2nd quarter of the Raider game.
                                If you think Denver will get the win against SD on Monday, then you might as well believe they can go on a run. The Broncos have been battling a ridiculous string of injuries since TC started, but the bye week helped. The OL in particular benefitted - that was the first time this season we had all the starters relatively healty and playing in their correct spots. Add in the confidence from winning two big divisional games in a row, and you've got the recipe for the start of a winning streak.

That being said, I agree completely that another loss or two will deflate the team... and chances are that happens on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information