No announcement yet.

Best Team in Each Conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dating back to our losses in 2009 and into this current season, Green Bay's average margin of defeat is 5.75, with the worse lose by 12. Just a fun fact. So, take Green Bay with the points if you ever have the chance and tease it just for a guaranteed buck if you're a betting man.

Comment

I think the winner of the Giants-Eagles game on Sunday night will determine the best team in the NFC.

Remember that the Eagles destroyed the Falcons earlier this year, so they're probably already better than the Falcons on a man-to-man basis, however the Falcons do have a nice home field advantage if it comes down to that in the playoffs.

The only other teams I can see challenging the winner of the Giants-Eagles game are the Packers and the Saints, but both of these teams have issues with injuries this year. However, I won't count them out because their QBs are both elite and their defenses can play very well on any given day.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        They beat the defending Super Bowl champs on the road and just knocked off a strong AFC representative and Super Bowl contender in Baltimore pretty handily. Moreover, they have the best record in the NFL and if that continues, they won't need to show they can win on the road. They will have homefield advantage.
        AZ beat the superbowl champs

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          Dating back to our losses in 2009 and into this current season, Green Bay's average margin of defeat is 5.75, with the worse lose by 12. Just a fun fact. So, take Green Bay with the points if you ever have the chance and tease it just for a guaranteed buck if you're a betting man.
          People don't realize how good this Packer's defense is. It's an elite defense. Last year elite QBs tore us apart.. but guess what, elite QBs tear people apart.

Last time I checked we were leading the league in Points Allowed Per Game, Sacks, in the top 5 for takeaways, and top 15 in YPG (a deceptive stat.) We also have the only shutout this year.. and it's over a 7-2 team.

Pack has won 3 in a row and is T-2nd best record in the NFC. 2-5 is a preference thing but you can make as good a case for GB as any of the other teams.

We play the Giants and Falcons and have already beaten the Eagles, so by the end of the year it'll be pretty clear where we stand.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
            Until the Falcons show that they can consistently win on the road it is absurd to call them the best team in the NFL
            Are you implying the Jets are the NFL's best team? They're 5-0 on the road, yet 2-2 at home. Or do they have to show that they can consistently win at home? Although the Jets past two games have gone to overtime against former doormats, their two losses are two Baltimore and Green Bay, by a combined 10 points (Lost by 1 to Baltimore).

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
              Are you implying the Jets are the NFL's best team? They're 5-0 on the road, yet 2-2 at home. Or do they have to show that they can consistently win at home? Although the Jets past two games have gone to overtime against former doormats, their two losses are two Baltimore and Green Bay, by a combined 10 points (Lost by 1 to Baltimore).
              I'm not really sure if you can use a shutout in the "but they barely lost" category. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                NFC
                1. Falcons
                2. Packers
                3. Eagles
                4. Giants
                5. Saints

AFC
                1. Ravens
                2. Steelers
                3. Patriots
                4. Colts
                5. Jets

IMO.
                While I did say not to jump on the bandwagon, I will say putting two teams the Pats beat ahead of them is a little silly. At this point I'd have the Jets first.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

The giants are really banged up right now and if we can keep injuries from taking us out of it I think the Giants will be the NFC rep. The defense is the most dominant in the league when healthy and attacking. Offensively the passing game is really studly and Ahmad's a beast but the OL needs to get healthy just to be solid.

All of that said I'm much more comfortable after that Dallas loss. This team needs people to doubt them and we were getting too complacent even if we came out with a more passive game plan to shield our defenders from injury and our blitzes from getting too much tape on them.

Philly's playing really well but that D is still a work in progress and offensively you have to wonder how long Vick and that OL will hold up.

The Falcons look like they'll snag homefield advantage and it's really tough to beat that team in a Dome. Still think that they're not ready for a major playoff run and they'll get knocked off before the NFC title game, but I do think they'll end up with the NFC's best record.

The Saints just don't have the same mojo going for them so while I think they'll be in the playoffs and maybe even snag a wildcard win, I don't expect them to make it deep.

Finally The packers. I still think that secondary is beatable and Rodgers has made a lot of people on this board's statistical predictions for him look silly which has proved that he is in fact, at least partially mortal.

WCR:
                  Eagles beat Saints, Bears or Bucs
                  I actually have a better feeling about the Bears and Bucs than the Saints just in terms of luck and building second half momentum, but I do expect it to be the Saints. In any event if Vick is healthy, which he would need to be for the Iggles to take the division like I have them, I think they beat any of those 3.

Giants beat Seahawks or Rams
                  I fully expect it to be the Hawks, but I'm rooting for Spags and the Rams. Seattle's got a really strong home field advantage but any team that comes out of that division is going to get stomped in the Wildcard round.

DR:
                  Giants beat Falcons
                  If both teams are healthy the giants have the better defense and quarterback to decide this match up. I like Ryan a lot and he reminds me of Eli, but I think with Eli being better and having to do it against a lesser D with comparable weapons we'd pull it out if healthy.

Packers beat Iggles
                  I think Clay Matthews and Co. would be able to slow down the Vickster enough for Rodgers to beat up on that Iggles secondary. This will be so much fun to watch, but in the end I have Rodgers ending Vick's fairytale.

NFCCG:
                  Giants beat Packers
                  I just think the giants have the better D and running game while Eli and Rodgers is a lot closer than anyone would admit during the summer. Rodgers may put up bigger numbers, but at the end of the game I think Eli has a better chance of picking apart the Packers secondary than Rodgers does against the giants secondary, especially since our pass rush is so much more diversified and spread around making it harder for Rodgers and the OL to just key in one guy like we will have to do to try and slow down Clay Matthews.
                  Last edited by Rosebud; 11-18-2010, 01:36 AM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

NFC
                    1 Atlanta Falcons
                    2 Philadelphia Eagles
                    3 New York Giants
                    4 Green Bay Packers
                    5 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC
                    1 Pittsburgh Steelers
                    2 New England Patriots
                    3 Baltimore Ravens
                    4 Indianapolis Colts
                    5 New York Jets

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      The giants are really banged up right now and if we can keep injuries from taking us out of it I think the Giants will be the NFC rep. The defense is the most dominant in the league when healthy and attacking. Offensively the passing game is really studly and Ahmad's a beast but the OL needs to get healthy just to be solid.

All of that said I'm much more comfortable after that Dallas loss. This team needs people to doubt them and we were getting too complacent even if we came out with a more passive game plan to shield our defenders from injury and our blitzes from getting too much tape on them.

Philly's playing really well but that D is still a work in progress and offensively you have to wonder how long Vick and that OL will hold up.

The Falcons look like they'll snag homefield advantage and it's really tough to beat that team in a Dome. Still think that they're not ready for a major playoff run and they'll get knocked off before the NFC title game, but I do think they'll end up with the NFC's best record.

The Saints just don't have the same mojo going for them so while I think they'll be in the playoffs and maybe even snag a wildcard win, I don't expect them to make it deep.

Finally The packers. I still think that secondary is beatable and Rodgers has made a lot of people on this board's statistical predictions for him look silly which has proved that he is in fact, at least partially mortal.

WCR:
                      Eagles beat Saints, Bears or Bucs
                      I actually have a better feeling about the Bears and Bucs than the Saints just in terms of luck and building second half momentum, but I do expect it to be the Saints. In any event if Vick is healthy, which he would need to be for the Iggles to take the division like I have them, I think they beat any of those 3.

Giants beat Seahawks or Rams
                      I fully expect it to be the Hawks, but I'm rooting for Spags and the Rams. Seattle's got a really strong home field advantage but any team that comes out of that division is going to get stomped in the Wildcard round.

DR:
                      Giants beat Falcons
                      If both teams are healthy the giants have the better defense and quarterback to decide this match up. I like Ryan a lot and he reminds me of Eli, but I think with Eli being better and having to do it against a lesser D with comparable weapons we'd pull it out if healthy.

Packers beat Iggles
                      I think Clay Matthews and Co. would be able to slow down the Vickster enough for Rodgers to beat up on that Iggles secondary. This will be so much fun to watch, but in the end I have Rodgers ending Vick's fairytale.

NFCCG:
                      Giants beat Packers
                      I just think the giants have the better D and running game while Eli and Rodgers is a lot closer than anyone would admit during the summer. Rodgers may put up bigger numbers, but at the end of the game I think Eli has a better chance of picking apart the Packers secondary than Rodgers does against the giants secondary, especially since our pass rush is so much more diversified and spread around making it harder for Rodgers and the OL to just key in one guy like we will have to do to try and slow down Clay Matthews.
                      Great post!

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

We're the best team in the NFC ;)

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                          While I did say not to jump on the bandwagon, I will say putting two teams the Pats beat ahead of them is a little silly. At this point I'd have the Jets first.
                          The Pats got steamrolled by the Browns and I don't have faith in that defense whatsoever. I think the Steelers, once they gel back with Big Ben, are better overall as are the Ravens. While I do agree it's a bit silly to have two teams they beat ahead of them, those two teams don't have a nasty loss like the Browns.

Also, the Jets got shutout and nearly lost to the Lions and Browns. Hard to consider them elite right now, imo.

The cool thing about this year is that 100 people can realistically have a differently ordered 1-5 for each conference and have valid points. No elite teams, YET, and a lot of parity.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post

AFC
                            1 Pittsburgh Steelers
                            2 New England Patriots
                            3 Baltimore Ravens
                            4 Indianapolis Colts
                            5 New York Jets
                            I really dont see how the Jets can only be the 5th team in the AFC. The mark of a good side is winning close games that they could have easily lost. They could have and should have lost against both the Browns and Lions but came away with the W. That is by far the most important stat in the NFL, Wins. Quite simply the Jets have the joint best record in the AFC and manhandled the other team with the same record.

This week will be very important to determining the best team in the AFC. I think no matter what, if the Pats beat the Colts then they will be the best team in the AFC. They will have beaten the Ravens, beaten the Colts, pounded the Steelers, beaten the Chargers-all of who will likely be in the playoffs and three of them in the top 5 in the above rankings.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information