• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
    Freeman, Blount, Williams are better
    Not when healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      The Eagles trio is so sexy because they all just fit to a T. McCoy is another Westbrook clone which he looked like pre-draft and is in the one offense that would make him look like a stud. Same goes for Vick, and to an extent Desean.

They are my #1, or 1a, with 1b being Houston. Say what you want about Foster only doing it 1 season, or being undrafted, or being in a ZBS, but if you watch him play he's a stud. He's got great vision, powerful, fast, and is a complete RB. He's leading the league in rushing still I believe and has played like the best RB as well, AJ is the best WR in the game, and while Schaub has had a down season to an extent he's better then Eli.

Besides, looking at the trio as a whole I have to have them up there as #2.
      I understand at this point that Eli is never going to get much respect but in no shape or form is Schaub better than Eli.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Lol ok dude. Williams is not better then Calvin, not even close right now. Blount is not better then Javhid Best either. Just because Freeman is better then Stafford now doesn't make the entire trio better. TB has a very nice core of young players, but you Bucs fans need to calm down trying to pump them up into something they aren't considered yet.

At least 1 of the guys in Detroit's trio has proven to be a stud. Blount and Williams don't even total a full season of games between them both.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I understand at this point that Eli is never going to get much respect but in no shape or form is Schaub better than Eli.
          To me he is, and I think it's debatable. I don't think 1 is clearly better then the other though, so it's not like Eli is miles and miles better and Schaub is garbage.

Comment

To me he is, and I think it's debatable. I don't think 1 is clearly better then the other though, so it's not like Eli is miles and miles better and Schaub is garbage.
            Eli has better numbers all around this year except for INT's. I know you don't want to hear excuses but they'd have the same number if it weren't for all the tipped INT's.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

To be honest, Eli is pretty much better than Schaub in every way.

And I'm a Schaub fan. But there really isn't anything that Schaub does better than Eli. Schaub is a good qb, but he doesn't will his teams to victory like the great qbs in this league do.

Its like Bill Parcells used to always say, losers are losers. And as of right now, Schaub is just a loser. Sure his stats are great, but some guys go beyond that, and I haven't seen that kind of performance from Schaub yet.

He's one of the many stat machines in the NFL. Until he really has a signature game, he's nothing more than that.

I know that came off as harsh, the truth is I'm a Schaub fan. But it is what it is right now. Make the playoffs Schaub. Have a signature game where you will your team to victory. Do something in the clutch. Take control of a shootout and win one instead of just keep up with the other guy. Show me that ability to just win a game on your own.

And remember, I compared Schaub to Rivers in a favorable way. So its not like I don't think he's good.

Comment

Let's take a shot at this. Honestly it's impressive what's going on without 'triplets' this season. Peyton, my boy Rivers, Brees, Brady, whatever is in the water down in Tampa, it goes on and on. BUT for the topic at hand...

1. Atlanta, gotta start here, textbook triplets. Turner, White, Ice...hell yes. I'm not as high on Matty as some but I recognize that this group is playing really damn well.

2. Denver. Shut up. Even Moreno is looking good.

3. Giants. Eli, Nicks and Bradshaw.

4. Texans, all hail Arian nation. Schaub and Johnson, yah they're ok I guess.

5. Ravens, Flacco, Q, Ray Rice. Can't leave em out, productive and winning games.

That's enough.

Comment

The Eagles trio is so sexy because they all just fit to a T. McCoy is another Westbrook clone which he looked like pre-draft and is in the one offense that would make him look like a stud. Same goes for Vick, and to an extent Desean.

They are my #1, or 1a, with 1b being Houston. Say what you want about Foster only doing it 1 season, or being undrafted, or being in a ZBS, but if you watch him play he's a stud. He's got great vision, powerful, fast, and is a complete RB. He's leading the league in rushing still I believe and has played like the best RB as well, AJ is the best WR in the game, and while Schaub has had a down season to an extent he's better then Eli.

Besides, looking at the trio as a whole I have to have them up there as #2.
                  Schaub is not better than Eli and Foster isn't as good as you are making him seem. I'll grant that trio could be ranked above the giants' because of AJ, but Eli and Bradshaw are better than their Houston counterparts.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                  JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                  Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                  Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                  Originally posted by JBCX
                  Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
                    Hmm, I would think Bradshaw would be the strongest link. Not that I watch a ton of Giants games, but it always seems like when they get the running game going, the rest of the team goes too. And Bradshaw has been going strong this season.

Am I wrong Giants fans?
                    I love Ahmad and have compared him to a mini-AD on numerous occasions, but he gets caught and fumbles too much to be considered better than Eli or Nicks, even though Nicks can be blamed for a pick or two. Overall Eli's our most consistent and important player and when we win it's when the D is attacking and Eli's got the offense moving or we simply out talent the other team. Plus Jacobs has been running pretty well this year while there's no way for us to replicate some of Eli's impact with another player.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Was this a serious post? Come on, this is just getting ridiculous from you Bucs fans.
                      Last edited by vidae; 11-19-2010, 01:01 AM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                      His soft D really turns me off
                      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        Was this a serious post? Come on, this is just getting ridiculous from you Bucs fans.
                        Best team in the NFC.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                          1. Manning*, Bradshaw, Nicks
                          2. Vick, McCoy*, Jackson
                          3. Schaub*, Foster, Andre Johnson
                          4. Ryan, Turner*, White
                          5. Flacco*, Rice, Boldin
                          6. Cassel*, Charles, Bowe
                          7. Stafford, Best*, Calvin
                          8. Ben, Rashard*, Wallace
                          9. Orton, Moreno*, Lloyd
                          10. Manning, Addai*, Wayne

Not sure how people don't put Manning, Bradshaw, Nicks considering all 5 are statistically top-7 for their position this year. It's the only lights out trio, every other one is lacking at one of the positions, usually RB, (marked by * for weakest link) or dealing with injuries.
                          How? Stafford isn't even playing.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post

I didn't have them in mine :\

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              I love Ahmad and have compared him to a mini-AD on numerous occasions, but he gets caught and fumbles too much to be considered better than Eli or Nicks, even though Nicks can be blamed for a pick or two. Overall Eli's our most consistent and important player and when we win it's when the D is attacking and Eli's got the offense moving or we simply out talent the other team. Plus Jacobs has been running pretty well this year while there's no way for us to replicate some of Eli's impact with another player.
                              Dude, you really need to stop saying that lol.

If anything, he's like MJD, and I won't even say that bc MJD is just plain better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                                Schaub is not better than Eli and Foster isn't as good as you are making him seem. I'll grant that trio could be ranked above the giants' because of AJ, but Eli and Bradshaw are better than their Houston counterparts.
                                How many games have you seen of his this season? He's been good a long time, last year when he finished the season he was running like a beast. He's a complete, total package RB, and while the scheme paves way for RB's to be productive with the cut back lanes, it always discredits any good RB that happens to be in that scheme.

It's gonna take a long time for Foster to get his props because he is an UDFA out of nowhere but he makes that Houston offense click.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information