Give me your top 10 Triplets so far this season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fear the elf View Post
    Hmm, I would think Bradshaw would be the strongest link. Not that I watch a ton of Giants games, but it always seems like when they get the running game going, the rest of the team goes too. And Bradshaw has been going strong this season.

Am I wrong Giants fans?
    No. I think he'd be the weakest. At least in my opinion. But none of them are weak. He's hurt by the fact that at least 4 backs now have had great success behind this O-line in the last 5 years.
    Last edited by Jughead10; 11-19-2010, 10:31 AM.

Comment

1. Kitna, Dez, TASHARD CHOICE!!!!!

21414143. Everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        How many games have you seen of his this season? He's been good a long time, last year when he finished the season he was running like a beast. He's a complete, total package RB, and while the scheme paves way for RB's to be productive with the cut back lanes, it always discredits any good RB that happens to be in that scheme.

It's gonna take a long time for Foster to get his props because he is an UDFA out of nowhere but he makes that Houston offense click.
        Foster is REAL good. I just worry about his long term future. He runs real upright, and is sloppy with the ball. I'm absolutely shocked fumbles haven't been a problem for him this year.

Comment

Foster is legit. He's tough, he can cut, he can catch, he can run inside and out, he's got speed. He has it all. He'll never be viewed as that kind of back bc he was an UDFA but he's legit.

For the Giants, Eli makes the world go round. He adjusts all the blocking assignments in both the passing game and running game, he checks into better runs, he reroutes the run game, he adjusts routes and protections in the passing game, he pretty much is our offense.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post

Was this a serious post? Come on, this is just getting ridiculous from you Bucs fans.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
              Was this a serious post? Come on, this is just getting ridiculous from you Bucs fans.
              Josh Freeman: 60.7 % 1,963 yds 12 tds 5 ints 221 rushing yds 6-3 record
              Matt Stafford: 59. % 535 yds 6 tds 1 int can't stay healhty

LeGarrette Blount: 75 carr 359 yds (4.8 avg) 4 tds (only has 12+ carries in 2 games)
              Jahvid Best: 380 rushing yds (3.1 avg), 360 receiving yds, 5 tds in 9 starts (also has health troubles)

Mike Williams: 40 rec 627 yds 5 tds
              Calvin Johnson: 49 rec 679 yds 9 tds

Oh and the Bucs are winning. Give me our trio over the KC trio as well, Charles might be better than Blount but Freeman to Williams >>>> Cassel to Bowe.
              save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
                Josh Freeman: 60.7 % 1,963 yds 12 tds 5 ints 221 rushing yds 6-3 record
                Matt Stafford: 59. % 535 yds 6 tds 1 int can't stay healhty

LeGarrette Blount: 75 carr 359 yds (4.8 avg) 4 tds (only has 12+ carries in 2 games)
                Jahvid Best: 380 rushing yds (3.1 avg), 360 receiving yds, 5 tds in 9 starts (also has health troubles)

Mike Williams: 40 rec 627 yds 5 tds
                Calvin Johnson: 49 rec 679 yds 9 tds

Oh and the Bucs are winning. Give me our trio over the KC trio as well, Charles might be better than Blount but Freeman to Williams >>>> Cassel to Bowe.

What is the point of bringing up stats exactly? But hey, Mike Williams has better stats then Larry Fitzgerald this season, so obviously Williams>Fitz easily.

Blount has had 2 decent games in his career that doesn't even total 100 carries and your already trying to put him in a discussion for triplets. We may as well vote him into the pro bowl while were at it. Winning, or stats, has nothing to do with the question at hand, two of the players your hyping up have done nothing yet.

I really don't even understand how you can honestly be trying to mention Blount right now anyway, let alone compare the stats for Calvin & Mike Williams like it means anything. But I guess you already know that any rookie who looks good for a few games, or a half of a season, or a full season all go on to have multiple pro bowl careers though.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

...Charles might be better than Blount ...
                  Far be it from me to start defending Chiefs players, but you can't make a post about current stats and then say something like a player with 2 starts might be as good as a player on pace for 1900 scrimmage yards who's averaging 7 yards per touch.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    What is the point of bringing up stats exactly? But hey, Mike Williams has better stats then Larry Fitzgerald this season, so obviously Williams>Fitz easily.

Blount has had 2 decent games in his career that doesn't even total 100 carries and your already trying to put him in a discussion for triplets. We may as well vote him into the pro bowl while were at it. Winning, or stats, has nothing to do with the question at hand, two of the players your hyping up have done nothing yet.

I really don't even understand how you can honestly be trying to mention Blount right now anyway, let alone compare the stats for Calvin & Mike Williams like it means anything. But I guess you already know that any rookie who looks good for a few games, or a half of a season, or a full season all go on to have multiple pro bowl careers though.
                    Read the thread title. That might give you a good idea. No one is saying Mike Williams is a better player than Calvin but he's been more productive this year. Has he not?

Comment

Brooklyn Decker, Olivia Wilde, and Marisa Miller...

Oh wrong triplet.

Be Afraid of : Brady, BJGE, and Aaron Hernandez...
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Actually Calvin is still more productive than MW but thats not my point. I think LonghornsLegend thinks I am saying we have a top 5 trio in the league or something. I am simply comparing our trio to the Detroit trio and showing that the comparison is not "ridiculous" and in fact favors our trio.

The "might be better" when talking about Charles and Blount was a poor choice of words. I meant, Charles is better (right now) but....
                        save Freeman

Comment

Oh god this just gets better and better.

edit: Cassel to Bowe has been better this season so far, but take whoever you want sir!
                          Last edited by vidae; 11-19-2010, 10:29 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Actually Calvin is still more productive than MW but thats not my point. I think LonghornsLegend thinks I am saying we have a top 5 trio in the league or something. I am simply comparing our trio to the Detroit trio and showing that the comparison is not "ridiculous" and in fact favors our trio.

The "might be better" when talking about Charles and Blount was a poor choice of words. I meant, Charles is better (right now) but....
                            Hold the ******* phone here dude. I rarely get on people for moronic comments but it is expected on a wesbite of people who tink they know what they are talking about. That last comment, I have many questions about. Might be better is a horrible choice of words for one, Blount is not in the same hemispehere. He needs to drop 1000 yards from here out to be even in the same ******* encyclopedia where Jamaal Charles is under the A's and Blount is under the Z's. Poor choice of words is a horrible choice of words. What is with the right now in parentheses? Is their a subtle hint that you think he will be better in like 2 years, well Charles hasn't peaked and once properly utilized by the OC he will be dropping 2k from scrimmage on the reg. Blount will be a solid 1200 yard rusher maybe. SO i hope you were no insinuating that he will be better in some future time. Charles has better ball security, and is already a better pass blocker. Charles can be a three down RB because he can block, catch and run. I like projecting upside with players and I think Blount will be a fine RB, but Charles hasn't peaked yet either. Skimmed the surface. But. . .
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                              Read the thread title. That might give you a good idea. No one is saying Mike Williams is a better player than Calvin but he's been more productive this year. Has he not?
                              Yea but I guess I'm just missing the point as to why that's important in regards to how talented a trio, or player is. I don't think anyone here prefers Jabar Gaffney over Steve Smith(Car) but Gaffney has been more productive this year. Yet that has nothing to do with the fact that Smith is the better WR and more proven WR.

I don't even have a problem adding Mike Williams because I think he'll be a stud, or that they can't be in the conversation of triplets but LeGarrette Blount already a stud now? Lol. I just wouldn't put the Bucs trio over Detroit's. You can come up with a bunch of reasons why you would prefer the Bucs, I just wouldn't use production in 2010 as one of them.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

There really are some good trios. A gun to my head and I probably give the nod to Atlanta as having the very best, though. Into the future I'd take the Jets trio (Sanchez / Greene / Holmes).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information