No announcement yet.

Devin Hester new/old role

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is probably stupid, considering his size and limited experience, why not play him as a 3rd down back? he's the quickest player on the field, most likely going to win every matchup versus a linebacker. He probably can't block effectively, but its worth a try i feel

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
      I know this is probably stupid, considering his size and limited experience, why not play him as a 3rd down back? he's the quickest player on the field, most likely going to win every matchup versus a linebacker. He probably can't block effectively, but its worth a try i feel
      cant block anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
        Yeah, he can't block, and we just signed Chester Taylor who is one of the best 3rd down backs in the league...

...and I've never liked the term 3rd down back...It should be something like "Passing Situations Back." Just an observation...

Comment

the year they went to the super bowl is the role he never should have left.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I think he's a decent two. I think he's reached his peak at receiver - I certainly don't think he'll ever be a number one target.

Speaking of which, what the hell happened to Devin Aromashodu? I fell in love with this guy last season and thought be would break out as the Bears top receiver this year - he's barely done anything.
            Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
              I think he's a decent two. I think he's reached his peak at receiver - I certainly don't think he'll ever be a number one target.

Speaking of which, what the hell happened to Devin Aromashodu? I fell in love with this guy last season and thought be would break out as the Bears top receiver this year - he's barely done anything.
              Aro did not translate to Martz' scheme. Hester and Knox actually really took to it well and learned it quickly, forcing Aro into the slot, which he didn't like. He basically gets next to no playing time anymore, especially with Olsen lining up at WR so much.

Comment

Man, tough crowd. 50 catches, 700+ yards and 6 touchdowns in addition to being the best returner of all time.

He's not a stud receiver, but he's definitely not someone you want to cut out of the passing game, with all that speed and big play ability.
                Originally posted by SNIPER26
                fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                  Man, tough crowd. 50 catches, 700+ yards and 6 touchdowns in addition to being the best returner of all time.

He's not a stud receiver, but he's definitely not someone you want to cut out of the passing game, with all that speed and big play ability.
                  Believe me...when you watch him fall down on his route, leading to an interception several times in a season, you very much want to cut him out of the passing game. He should only be out there for trick plays and as a decoy running go routes.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                    Believe me...when you watch him fall down on his route, leading to an interception several times in a season, you very much want to cut him out of the passing game. He should only be out there for trick plays and as a decoy running go routes.
                    I'm not sure what's more annoying: Hester's inevitable slip or two a game on routes or Knox stopping on routes, either way if there was a state for "assisted INTs" I'm sure the two of them would be real close to the top.
                    "TELL MARTZ I SAID F*CK HIM!"
                    17/10/2011

Comment

I think the Bears should install some sort of wildcat formation for Hester to see if he can be successful in it. Dont see what it could hurt.

I know Bears fans can help me out here. What's making Hester being Hester of old again on returns? He was no where last two years then all of a sudden this year he's back to his old dangerous self. Is it better blocking? More focus on the return game?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                        I think the Bears should install some sort of wildcat formation for Hester to see if he can be successful in it. Dont see what it could hurt.

I know Bears fans can help me out here. What's making Hester being Hester of old again on returns? He was no where last two years then all of a sudden this year he's back to his old dangerous self. Is it better blocking? More focus on the return game?
                        Blocking is a big part of it. Brenden Ayanbadejo was a special teams animal in all phases and was part of Hester's success. He left, and we didn't have a really a replacement.

I don't know who's stepped up this year, of it's just the whole unit is gelling overall, but our special teams are back to the form they were in Superbowl run year.

And on the Wildcat front, we've tried it. It just doesn't go so well.

Comment

also hester seems to run differently. he tries to make the first person miss, the last two seasons it seemed like he tried to outrun those by going from sideline to sideline.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information