Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devin Hester new/old role

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Devin Hester new/old role

    Since DHEST has been moved back to return duties and the #2 WR spot, is it a better move on his behalf and the Bears that he is not the #1 WR? How much do you think he will progress with the transition?
    Last edited by shylo3716; 11-18-2010, 05:37 PM.

    Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
    The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
    Newton
    South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
    Barely literate +5 swagger
    Thief +15 swagger
    Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
    Big, average speed -3 swagger
    Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
    Total Swagger: 62
    ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

  • #2
    is he back to KR/PR duties for the rest of the season?

    Comment


    • #3
      he always had PR duties. he gets 50% of the snaps at KR id say, maybe 1/3

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think he'll ever progress as the #1 reciever like the team imagined he could be. I like him in the rotation, but having a very limited role. Since his WR Duties have diminished, his return game has gotten better which is more effective for the team. So if he progresses, I hope that he progresses as a KR/PR because that is where his impact is made.

        Originally posted by BeansDooma
        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

        Comment


        • #5
          He's actually had some of his best games doing both recently. Had 4 catches and a TD in the last game, and was named NFC Special Teams player of the week.

          One of the biggest things that hurt our return game from Hester's early career until this season was the loss of Brendan Ayanbadejo. Dude was a special teams animal and the overall blocking really helped Hester out.

          These past few years, he's just been running into the backs of his blockers more. I don't know who we've found to be a main contributor on returns blocking-wise, but we're doing a lot better this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Daniel Manning should be the KR

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
              Daniel Manning should be the KR
              He and Hester have been sharing that duty recently as GOW said. Hester maybe gets it every other or every third time or so.

              Comment


              • #8
                I've always maintained that moving him to WR was not smart in the first place. Devin Hester as a returner is one of the most valuable assets a team could have. Consistently good field position is a truly rare thing in the NFL, and when you have a guy in Hester who can provide that, I say don't try and fix what isn't broken. Sure, Id bring him in for some stuff and work him out of the slot, maybe have him in the backfield for some plays, but as a #1 WR? Nah. Use him as the valuable weapon that he is.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hester is never going to be a stud WR. Just keep him as KR/PR, and have him as your slot in 3 WR sets.

                  Keep his snaps at WR low, he was such a weapon as a full time KR/PR, they need to get that back. He can still be a WR, just limit his snaps, bc he's never going to be a legit #1.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think Hester should be used a little more like teams like NO use bush, Carolina use Smith in addition to his return role. Give him PR duties, 50% of KR duties and design some plays to get him the ball in space, screens etc. He's great with blockers around him and a chance to make guys miss.

                    He'll never be a 90catch 1500 yard 12 td guy, but I think total production on small things he could get close to 1000 yards and 7-8 tds a year, which is fine outside of the 2-3 return TDs he'll likely earn each year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Why does Lovie Smith still take 100% of the snaps at coach is what I want to know.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I wish they'd just put an end to the receiver experiment. It was something that had to be tried, but it's evident that he's the exact same thing he was the entire time he was at Miami: a returner who can't play a real position.

                        It'll be interesting to see what happens when he's cut after the 2012 season. Will someone else overpay him like we did or will we sign him to a more team-friendly deal? We're sure as hell not paying him the 12 mildo he'll be due in 2013.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                          I wish they'd just put an end to the receiver experiment. It was something that had to be tried, but it's evident that he's the exact same thing he was the entire time he was at Miami: a returner who can't play a real position.

                          It'll be interesting to see what happens when he's cut after the 2012 season. Will someone else overpay him like we did or will we sign him to a more team-friendly deal? We're sure as hell not paying him the 12 mildo he'll be due in 2013.
                          Id give him a hell of a lot of money to come play for my team, even if he only does touch the ball a few times per game. Good field position is invaluable for an offense, and its something Hester provides consistently.
                          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                          The APS is strong in this one.
                          Originally posted by killxswitch
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            Id give him a hell of a lot of money to come play for my team, even if he only does touch the ball a few times per game. Good field position is invaluable for an offense, and its something Hester provides consistently.
                            Sure.

                            ...but you wouldn't pay him 12 million for it. Especially if you're the Bears and have another guy who gives you excellent position splitting KR duties with him, anyway.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm loving the feedback

                              Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
                              The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
                              Newton
                              South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
                              Barely literate +5 swagger
                              Thief +15 swagger
                              Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
                              Big, average speed -3 swagger
                              Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
                              Total Swagger: 62
                              ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information