Stupidity, Arrogance and Neglect: A Carolina Panthers story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    This is why I still have hope that the Giants will be able to steal away Ryan Kalil...
    Silly Giants fan. Ryan Kalil will be a Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
      Silly Giants fan. Ryan Kalil will be a Bear.
      Har har. He would look mighty good manning that center spot....mmm.

Comment

I dont want to hear any other team ***** about a owner when u have rooted for a team run by Mike Brown for the last 20 years. He invited the words Greedy and Cheap

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
          The Panthers situation reminds me of what Red McCombs did to the Vikings when he was trying to sell the team. He ran a bare bones front office and scouting department, brought in no free agents and refused to re-sign guys just to save money.
          But Jerry Richardson isn't trying to sell the team. He's trying to squeeze out every dime he can.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Feel for you mate...

I'm lucky enough to have a guy who seems to be a good owner that is committed to winning. Unfortunately my team instead has a douchebag QB and a completely unlikeable HC.

It's hard when you really don't like the team you support for the most part! I like Hutch, Peterson, Allen, Williams Wall, Greenway, Henderson and Winfield and that is just about it.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

This confuses me about owners trying to 'squeeze out every penny', THEY HAVE SO MUCH MONEY ANYWAY, dang

Comment

There are a lot of things I don't get in the post, but I'll just post one so it doesn't seem like I'm ripping apart your thread.
                Moore's shoulder injury and Clausen's "concussion" have lead to Fox now announcing Brian St Pierre to start against Baltimore. A sign that Fox may just be extending a certain finger to the front office keeping their golden boy draft pick on the bench and sending in the new signee when the season is all but over.
                Is Clausen able to start? I mean, if he's not able to start because of a concussion, I don't see how this could be a sign of anything. He's simply starting the only available quarterback on his roster.

And if Clausen is able to start now, but Fox doesn't like him as a prospect (or at least how you put it: he wasn't an endorsed draft choice by Fox) then why did he ever start him in the season? If you tell me the front office pressured him to start Clausen earlier in the season, then why aren't they doing the same thing now?

Again, I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just legitimately confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                  There are a lot of things I don't get in the post, but I'll just post one so it doesn't seem like I'm ripping apart your thread.

Is Clausen able to start? I mean, if he's not able to start because of a concussion, I don't see how this could be a sign of anything. He's simply starting the only available quarterback on his roster.

And if Clausen is able to start now, but Fox doesn't like him as a prospect (or at least how you put it: he wasn't an endorsed draft choice by Fox) then why did he ever start him in the season? If you tell me the front office pressured him to start Clausen earlier in the season, then why aren't they doing the same thing now?

Again, I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just legitimately confused.
                  I'm assuming the implication is that Moore is legitimately injured so therefore he is out. Which would mean Clausen would be next in line, except he has a "concussion" and with the way the way everyone is focusing on concussions currently, even if the front office wanted to pressure Fox into starting Clausen it would be a PR nightmare to do so. Imagine the backlash any organization would experience currently if there was a serious implication they told a coach to play a player with anything resembling a concussion.

As an aside, I'm not sure that should be in parenthesis but BlindSite certainly pays more attention to the Panthers than I so perhaps there is a feeling it isn't really a concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                    But Jerry Richardson isn't trying to sell the team. He's trying to squeeze out every dime he can.
                    He's bracing for a lockout. If there is one his income stream will decrease significantly so he is cutting costs now to soften the blow. Yes he will will get money from television contracts but will lose gate revenue, concessions etc.

Comment

Funny they are trying to avoid spending money on draft picks and FA. But if they end up with the number 1 over all pick and end up having to pay crazy monies cause they tried to skimp on the team. irony?

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                        He's bracing for a lockout. If there is one his income stream will decrease significantly so he is cutting costs now to soften the blow. Yes he will will get money from television contracts but will lose gate revenue, concessions etc.
                        It seems like he did things well from the start and, over the last two years, decided to prepare for a lockout. While I can understand how it sucks for the fans and coaches, it is a pretty shrewd business move.

Of course, if there's no lockout he's totally F'd. IDK, I don't feel like this write up includes all sides of the story.

Didn't the Panthers offer Peppers an outrageously huge deal that he turned down? Didn't they pay him a Mill per game before he bolted for Chicago? They're holding onto DWill despite staring down a big contract for him as an FA / franchise tag player. There seems to be some evidence that it's not a wholesale attempt to ditch all $$$ guys. Hell, they just handed Jake that stupid extension last year, right?

If I were a rich man (Topol?) I'd be bracing for the massive financial hit a lockout entails. Not everybody has the obscene revenue streams of a Cowboys / Patriots / NY team.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Richardson is a white, southern businessman who delivered a speech laced with profanity about "taking back our league!!!!!" He's the main driver behind the lockout and is doing everything in his power to take money away from the players

I'll let you draw conclusions from that

Comment

He's a businessman, at the end of the day he only cares about the bottom line. If he has the opportunity to get 10% of the revenue back from the players he is going to do it.

Comment

Let go of DeAngelo, Beason, and Smitty and let them come to the Saints. :-D So they can stick it to Richardson twice a year.

Comment

Its one thing not go after free agents. Alot of teams do that and are still succesful. Packers for instance. But to be giving up these 1st round picks, to save money thats some serious ********.

And if Richardson is the leader of the lockout. **** him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information