No announcement yet.

Tampa's Mike Williams arrested for DUI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated above, as long as that piss test comes out clean then he'll be fine.
    At what time did he get arrested? If it was late, a tired person would fail that field sobreity tests.
    Hell, some people would fail it while sober in the middle of the day so I don't think anything comes from this at all.
    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Even though you are under the legal limit. Being under the influence is being under the influence.

Comment

Bucs official says Mike Williams won’t play

One Buccaneers official told Adam Schefter of ESPN this morning that Williams will start Sunday against the 49ers. But Schefter reported later this morning that a different Bucs official told him Williams will not play Sunday.

Comment

Ah ****. There's goes my fantasy team
          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

I can see it now. Mike Williams bounces around from team to team because of off the field issues. Then he's out of the league for a couple years. Then he cleans up his act and comes back to have a successful career.

What's up with guys named Mike Williams?
            "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
              Ah ****. There's goes my fantasy team
              Tell me about it. Between him and the injury to Steve Smith (NYG), I have to do some searching now.

Comment

Their not playing him and he was under the limit? I get with a guy with his concerns and all but it seems a bit harsh, this is the first I knew you could get a DUI for being under the limit, I had no idea it was subjective that way.

He's having such a good season, he needs to be able to still play. Give a guy the benefit of the doubt the first time something like this comes up.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

You can be arrested for suspicion then they can bring you in and get your BAC.

This dude is bound for suspensions in the future, he fits in well with Tanard and Aqib, now we just need Freeman to get in trouble. I guess it's bound to happen.
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Charges won't stick, so there's no story here. He was detained for possible DUI, but, being under the limit, they won't be able to formally charge him.

This is actually some ******* BS, and I'd be pissed if I was him. How mad would you be if you had 2-3 beers at a friend's house and were arrested after?

.08 is already incredibly low as it is. .06 is just laughable.

Comment

It was something where he didn't put on his blinker changing lanes and they must've have smelled beer or something.
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

"But Williams failed a field sobriety test, smelled of alcohol and appeared to have glassy eyes."

"Williams was driving a black Cadillac 57 mph in a 45 mph zone and weaving between lanes"

So he was speeding, swerving, smelled of booze, and failed a field sobriety test. Failing the test alone gives the officer probable cause to arrest him for DUI. He may not have been drunk according to the law but who knows what else was in his system.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...of-dui/1135235

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                          "But Williams failed a field sobriety test, smelled of alcohol and appeared to have glassy eyes."

"Williams was driving a black Cadillac 57 mph in a 45 mph zone and weaving between lanes"

So he was speeding, swerving, smelled of booze, and failed a field sobriety test. Failing the test alone gives the officer probable cause to arrest him for DUI. He may not have been drunk according to the law but who knows what else was in his system.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...of-dui/1135235
                          This times 1000x. I have never failed a field sobriety whilst pulled over 2 times while leaving establishments in which I only had several beverages. I speed sometimes so it does not alarm me that I was pulled over. Williams is really perputuating his 'character concern' stereotype.

Comment

^No he's not. He's perpetuating his "bad driver" stereotype.

Unless he tests positive for a drug. Or pot. The latter being a complete a joke.

I don't know how the urine test works, but if they somehow prove he was high, his first offense would not allow the NFL to suspend him, a la Braylon's DUI? Or is smoking pot frowned upon more in terms of a suspension than DUIs?
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Driving while black, DUI with a .06 is ******** and they should have let him go then and there.

Comment

Driving like a moron is a character concern ask Donte Stallworth.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information