Bill Parcells

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Parcells

Did any one else watch Bill Parcells: Reflections on a Life in Football on NFLN last night?

Thoughts on it if you did?

I enjoyed it.

I also did. Made me realize how successful he was everywhere he went. He always added a lot of talent to each one of his teams, took 2 to Superbowls and went to the playoffs with all 4.

He's a master rebuilder.

Comment

He's the single best talent evaluator for defense, 3-4 specifically, in the modern era. We talk about geniuses and gurus a lot in football, but Parcell's legit sees thing other people don't when looking at linebackers and defensive linemen. Didn't see the program, but I'll have to look out for it in the future. I wish he would come back to the Patriots and help us in our player evaluation and scouting. It will never, ever happen, but it would be so cool if he did.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
        He's the single best talent evaluator for defense, 3-4 specifically, in the modern era. We talk about geniuses and gurus a lot in football, but Parcell's legit sees thing other people don't when looking at linebackers and defensive linemen. Didn't see the program, but I'll have to look out for it in the future. I wish he would come back to the Patriots and help us in our player evaluation and scouting. It will never, ever happen, but it would be so cool if he did.
        Minus Bobby Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
          Minus Bobby Carpenter
          Bobby Carpenter tricked me too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post
            Minus Bobby Carpenter
            Draft enough players for enough teams and you'll eventually get a stinker no matter who you are....

Regardless, he just buildz teamszzz.

Comment

“If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.” ~ Bill Parcells

Comment

He's going to be the Cowboys head coach next year. Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  I also did. Made me realize how successful he was everywhere he went. He always added a lot of talent to each one of his teams, took 2 to Superbowls and went to the playoffs with all 4.

He's a master rebuilder.
                  The man is the best talent evaluator in the game. He misses on players just like everyone else, but he manages to find players in bunches.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

That and he teaches the coaches under him. His coaching tree had spread wide thoughout the NFL and college.

Comment

sorry but this always makes me lol

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

That is a great photo. Looks like a retiree watching lawn bowling.

Comment

He's the Don Vito Corleone of the NFL. Had an Italian mother too, quotes her all the time.

Has anyone retired then unretired more times to take HC jobs? IDTS. One of my fave Parcells anecdotes is when Tampa Bay changed ownership & he signed a contract to take the HC job, then changed his mind & backed out < 48 hrs later. The new owners (Glazer Bros I think) were dumbfounded, if it was anyone else he would've been sued for millions, but it's Parcells with his fierce reputation so they let it slide.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information