No announcement yet.

Ranking the Defenses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having both Lewis and McGraw out for the Denver game was a huge factor (well...THE factor) in the way that one played out.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      Honestly, the Oakland defensive line deserves to be rated higher than their secondary.
      Which is funny because the giants are the exact opposite. While Osi's had a big year and we've had some huge games, it's actually our secondary that's the best and most consistent part of this team. The DL needs Kiwi back, to keep Osi and Tuck fresh all game, and Joseph to be ready for a major role, to help Canty who's been fantastic and Cofield who's having a big year. But it's really when we bring Boley on the blitz that our front 7 is really at it's best getting after and harassing QBs. We need to bring that pressure to free up our DEs so that they can stay fresh.

Meanwhile the secondary's been really strong as Web is back to his dominant self, TT is a work in progress, but he's made a load of progress and is becoming an absolutely phenomenal #2 outside of Dallas games, and Ross is wonderful #2 when healthy, which has been pretty rare during his career so far. Rolle has been a force and a leader, KP has been good, although he doesn't look to be 100% and Grant's been a big help coming onto the field as a 3rd safety.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

I know you mostly based this on stats, but I can't see any way to justify Houston being that high. That's one of the most pathetic defenses I've seen in a while, which is odd because they have some decent players.

Comment

there is no defense worse than the redskins defense is
          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by ChiFan24 View Post
            I know you mostly based this on stats, but I can't see any way to justify Houston being that high. That's one of the most pathetic defenses I've seen in a while, which is odd because they have some decent players.

Comment

Can we go ahead and move the Packers to #1 now? kthxbai

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                Honestly, the Oakland defensive line deserves to be rated higher than their secondary. Asomugha and Routt have played well, but Huff and Branch have been beat and give most of their value in the run game.

Right now, Oakland has the best defensive tackle duo in the NFL. Tommy Kelly is having his best NFL season by far and Seymour has been a total monster the last couple weeks (his game against Brian Waters may have been the best I've seen from a DT all year). Add in the incredibly underrated Shaugnessy and a rookie like Lamarr Houston (who I believe is still pretty high up the list of pressures by a DE in the NFL this season), and I wouldn't pick many defensive lines over Oakland.

The funny thing is that Oakland's pass defense is rated so highly but sucks so bad in the redzone while the run defense struggled so badly early in the season (they've averaged 75 allowed the last three games) but has largely been amazing in short-yardage situations.
                Theyre undermined by their awful offense, terrible quarterback play for the most part. How many times have the Raiders turned it over inside their opponents' 10? too many.

They turn it over in their own side of the field too, almost always give the opponents a short field, it's sad really.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information