More dominating NT= Ngata, Wilfork, or Hampton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
    Hampton past his prime is still better than most NTs but especially with Smith out, he has looked better in previous years. Granted I do not watch the Steelers week in and week out like you probably do but from what I have seen it is not exactly going out on a limb to say he is not as good as he used to be. Still good, sure, just not as good.
    Oh I agree with you. I think a lot of him playing very well has to do with him being in shape, and not close to 400 pounds like previous years.

Comment

hampton looked like he was on a fast decline 3 years ago, but is playing at a pro bowl level again and has been explosive off the ball making the dline not worthless without smith by himself.

hes not gonna get into the backfield as much as wilfork, but he does what is asked of him and dominates doing it.

ngata is the best overall dlineman in the league....but i wouldnt say wilfork is clearly better than hampton
      E]

Comment

Originally posted by K Train View Post
        ngata is the best overall dlineman in the league....but i wouldnt say wilfork is clearly better than hampton
        I would.

In fact, I'd say there is a very strong argument for Vince Wilfork being the second best defensive lineman in football right now.

Comment

Ngata
          Wilfork
          Hampton

That's the order and I don't think anyone could argue it any different reasonably. That said, I don't think there are huge gaps or anything.
          **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
            Albert Haynesworth? He is not and never has been a NT so he has no place in this discussion.

Ngata when hey plays there. Wilfork for full-time NT. Hampton has had a great career but his best days are behind him.

[] Well informed

Big Al has played NT this year just as much as HN

Comment

I would have Hampton down around 4 or 5, Ngata at #1, Wilfork probably #2.

BJ Raji is #3 and maybe interchangeable with Wilfork. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for being such a beast. He's played a ridiculous number of snaps this year and anchored a top 2 defense that's had a lot of injuries.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
                When motivated it's Big Al... Unfortunately that's never so Nata gets my vote!
                rofl at this post. I'm too lazy to find the article (there's a link in the Haynesworth post on this board) but to quote AH: "Nose tackle is too complicated. I'd rather let [the other Redskins nose tackle] play that since he's better. I'm happy just playing nickel".

I'm not exaggerating even a shred. This is what he said.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

NT in a 34 is probably the easiest position to play on defense lol, physically its grueling but as far as a learning/transition standpoint goes it doesnt get more straight forward
                  E]

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                    I would have Hampton down around 4 or 5, Ngata at #1, Wilfork probably #2.

BJ Raji is #3 and maybe interchangeable with Wilfork. He doesn't get nearly enough credit for being such a beast. He's played a ridiculous number of snaps this year and anchored a top 2 defense that's had a lot of injuries.

No. Just no.

Comment

A Healthy Kris Jenkins would contend to get on a top 3 3-4 NT list......

Too bad this dude is just never ever healthy. Rivaling Bob Sanders status of health.

Just not right. Such a shame this guy isn't healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by J255979-11nine View Post

No. Just no.
                        BJ Raji at #3? I'd definitely take him over Hampton and Ratliff and everyone else. Yeah maybe not Wilfork but come on look at what he's doing on the Packers defense. It seems like to get noticed as a good NT you have to do it for like 5 years.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                          BJ Raji at #3? I'd definitely take him over Hampton and Ratliff and everyone else. Yeah maybe not Wilfork but come on look at what he's doing on the Packers defense. It seems like to get noticed as a good NT you have to do it for like 5 years.
                          That's because it's rare to find a guy play it early in his career. NT's are for the most part former 4-3 DT's who ate themselves up like Keith Traylor. There's a new emphasis on finding young guys who can do it, and Raji is part of that movement, but he is not the #3 guy right now as much as I like him. Ahtyba Rubin is one guy who I can think of being better right away and Kelly Gregg probably still deserves a ton of respect for the job he does in Baltimore as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

How about A.Franklin in SF?
                            I know he beasted last year. I haven't seen any of their games this year though
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Ngata doesn't really play a lot of NT, but when he does, I'd say hes the most dominant.

Comment

I'd say Wilfork is the best pure NT in the league this year, Ngata is the best DL though if that makes sense!

Both are freaking beasts though!

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information