More dominating NT= Ngata, Wilfork, or Hampton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More dominating NT= Ngata, Wilfork, or Hampton

I know Ngata does not play that position full time but when he has in the past, he has been very dominant. Wilfork is a 2 time all-pro at that position and Hampton is probably a potential HOF from that position. Which one of these guys would you build your 3-4 defense around?

1. Ngata
    2. Wilfork
    3. Hampton

Comment

Ngata isn't a nose tackle. If you consider him one, him, if not, Wilfork easily at this point although Hampton deserves a ton of respect.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Right now I would even take Ngata in a "Best Kicker" poll, I don't care.

Comment

Ngata is the baddest of the badass NTs in the NFL

Comment

Ngata is the best DL in the nfl.
            Breed's QB Philosophy:
            Originally posted by Breed
            At the end of the day...

Mobility > Accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by BradysKnee View Post
              Ngata is the best DL in the nfl.
              This.

And Wilfork is clearly ahead of Hampton.

Comment

Originally posted by dregolll View Post
                I know Ngata does not play that position full time but when he has in the past, he has been very dominant. Wilfork is a 2 time all-pro at that position and Hampton is probably a potential HOF from that position. Which one of these guys would you build your 3-4 defense around?
                Ngata's never played NT full time in the NFL, either Kelly Gregg has or Justin Bannan did when Gregg got hurt a couple years ago. Of course he has the brute strength and size to dominate the NT spot if he were to play there full time anyways.

Comment

Hampton isn't the player he once was. Wilfork is clearly better then Hampton at this point.

Ngata is my favorite non Steeler. He is simply incredible. Best DL in the league easily imo.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

When motivated it's Big Al... Unfortunately that's never so Nata gets my vote!

Comment

Originally posted by jsagan77 View Post
                      When motivated it's Big Al... Unfortunately that's never so Nata gets my vote!
                      Albert Haynesworth? He is not and never has been a NT so he has no place in this discussion.

Ngata when hey plays there. Wilfork for full-time NT. Hampton has had a great career but his best days are behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                        Albert Haynesworth? He is not and never has been a NT so he has no place in this discussion.

Ngata when hey plays there. Wilfork for full-time NT. Hampton has had a great career but his best days are behind him.
                        Hampton is beasting this year. He seems motivated. That said, Ngata and Wilfork are ahead of him this season.

Comment

Antonio Dixon of the Eagles is playing really well as a NT. It's probably the main reason the Eagles went from terrible vs. the run to <4.0ypc in the past 5 or so games.

Comment

Just want to use this thread as a platform to say how impressed I am with Vince this year. He's really played his heart out this year and almost every year he has been here, which as we all know is a problem with certain other big defensive linemen in the year. He's given 100% on every play, been moved around to either DE spot for the good of the team and still put guys on their asses. Don't think there's any question Ngata is the best defensive linemen in the NFL at this point. He's just so strong and gifted athletically and also plays with great tenacity and motor, but a case can be made for Vince being the second most valuable at this point. I don't think I've seen him be out of a play at the line once. Our DL is a major weakness this year with Warren on IR, but because Vince has so willingly embraced to "be the guy at the POA everytime" role, it's been less of a concern(sans the Browns game). He's also been a fantastic locker room leader, filling the void left by Teddy Bruschi and the old guard. So yeah, if you guys are voting for the Pro-Bowl, Vince is a damn good guy to vote for despite the fact he doesn't have sexy statistics this year.

Oh, plus he's funny. He and Tom Brady are racing in the offseason at some point. Ensuing video should be hilarious.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                              Hampton is beasting this year. He seems motivated. That said, Ngata and Wilfork are ahead of him this season.
                              Hampton past his prime is still better than most NTs but especially with Smith out, he has looked better in previous years. Granted I do not watch the Steelers week in and week out like you probably do but from what I have seen it is not exactly going out on a limb to say he is not as good as he used to be. Still good, sure, just not as good.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information