No announcement yet.

Vince Young Has Lost Starting Spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to Denver ala my Madden 06 franchise, Vince. I'll still accept you.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
    Originally posted by njx9
    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
      There wasn't a single third down that you couldn't convert with VY back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        There wasn't a single third down that you couldn't convert with VY back then.
        Yeah man. I lit it up through the air though. I had VY throwing to Ashley Lelie(who was of course sick in Madden), Martin Nance(lol, beast in the game though) and Todd Heap. Then I had Larry Johnson and Tatum "Madden's Bo Jackson" Bell in the backfield.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Here's the deal. Everyone knows VY has the mental and emotional capacity of a muffin. He's nicknamed Mr. Wonderlic for a reason.

But this mentally unstable player has saved Fisher's ass not once, but twice, and is also currently having the best season he's ever had. Yet, the coaching staff doesn't treat him like he's the starting QB. Fisher's guy is Kerry Collins, and if Fisher was given the choice, he'd probably start Collins. But Bud Adams wants Young, and Young has proven to be the superior player, so VY gets the start.

I'm not condoning VY's actions after the game. He should not have reacted the way he did (I would like to see some video or transcription of what happened though). But you have to realize his leash was unjustifiably short as it was, and he's been dealing with unjuries all season. All of this in the last year of his contract. Now he just got told he had a possible season ending injury and I guarantee you he saw the writing on the wall and flipped. Apparently words were exchanged with Fisher behind the scenes afterwards, but Fish hasn't said what was said. There's a chance this is the spot where Fish told VY that he's lost his job, to which Young responded with a tantrum.

I'm not saying Fisher and the coaches are conspiring against him, but I wouldn't say they're exactly being conducive to VY's success. And if I'm the coaching staff, I'm more worried about my own ass. Kyle Shannahan just made Chuck Cecil his ***** for the 2nd straight year, and Mike Heimerdinger can't even get the ball into Randy Moss's hands.

Ultimately, my stance is that I'm a big fan of both Fish and VY. But the fact that the both of them haven't been able to make this marriage work is a colossal disappointment, and is a negative reflection on both.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            Remember that Titans fan(or fans?) that was calling Vince Young an MVP candidate a couple weeks ago. Yeah...
            I said that as a joke...my MVP is in my sig.

Comment

He'll turn this around on another team Vick style.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                Vince Young > Jeff Fisher
                I hope the Titans beleive this. I would love Jeff Fisher to coach my Rams.

Comment

I've never seen a coach that wanted a QB out so bad when the QB repeatedly saves his ass.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                    I hope the Titans beleive this. I would love Jeff Fisher to coach my Rams.
                    Sam bradford would rot away in a jeff fisher offense.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      Sam bradford would rot away in a jeff fisher offense.
                      And why would the Rams fire Spangnuolo at this point? That'd be insane. Dude looks like he's gonna be the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
                        NO

I dont want him anywhere near the team, we have enough problems without dealing with uncle rico.
                        bill belichick quote:
                        stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Comment

Originally posted by nepg View Post
                          Rusty can be really good. I'd actually compare him to Kerry Collins as a passer. It's tough to come in to a game like he did today and play well, so if I'm a Titans fan, I throw his performance today out the window. He's got a huge arm and could take advantage of the weapons they have at WR. Should be interesting, anyway...
                          I was pretty high on him a few years back. Still has potential. A little confused about what actually happened with Young. Was this a specific incident or a culmination type thing?

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

To the OP, it dosent surprise me. Its obvious Fisher has never liked the guy since they drafted him, and has only kept him around because of ownership, regardless of his winning%.

I think Vince is overrated anyway. I dont think his style of play, and his football IQ would ever take you far into the playoffs. Just dont see it. Someone will pick him up im sure, but I dont expect him to be anything special.

He is definatly gone though, that is for sure.
                            bill belichick quote:

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              I was pretty high on him a few years back. Still has potential. A little confused about what actually happened with Young. Was this a specific incident or a culmination type thing?
                              http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-to-co-exist/

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that Fisher and Young got into a verbal altercation in the locker room after the team’s loss. This was after Young threw his shoulder pads in the crowd after the game, apparently upset he wasn’t put back on the field.

According to Wyatt, Young was “throwing out expletives” under his breath as Fisher talked to the team. Young was told to quiet down. After Young quickly dressed, he started to leave the locker room and Fisher told him not to walk out on his teammates.

Young’s response, which Wyatt is paraphrasing: “I’m not running out on teammates, I’m running out on you.”

The two men apparently exchanged more words before Young left. Then came Titans safety Michael Griffin‘s fruitless (and shirtless) run to retrieve Young. Griffin knew what an important moment it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I am going to assume, based on his past, and him allegedly throwing his pads into the stands, I would say Fisher has had enough and VY will probably never change. The guy is a mental midget.
                                bill belichick quote:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information