No announcement yet.

Chilly isnt gonna be Chilly in Minny anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup. The Vikings will see if Frazier is their man or if they need to go in a different direction this off-season.

Comment

Moar Tavariz plz.

Comment

Also, Childress is one of the few coaches who actively sabotaged the team, so...

Why would you keep him?

Comment

Was he a good coordinator before taking this job? I can't remember.

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          Yeah, the Rooney Rule was good once upon a time to spread diversity, but I think it's outlived it's purpose. If you're a good coaching candidate, regardless of your skin color, you're going to get your chances to land a HC job.
          it needs to be in place for position coaches and assistants, not head coaches.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't see how anyone can implement their own philosophy in 6 weeks, and he doesn't even have that.

Not to mention, he didn't get to set up the season with his own training camp and mini-camps.

I'm not saying that he'll have zero impact on the way this team performs from here on out. But what I am saying is that if the team performs poorly, it's hardly his fault.

I guess I agree that they can use this time as a bit of an interview, but it just doesn't mean that much in the end (to me anyways).

Comment

Childress is gone, Favre Out after the year, Tavaris Jackson was Childress's project...it will be interesting to see what direction they go in terms of head coach/qb in the offseason.

Frazier has his job 6 week job interview to prove he should be the next HC.

Comment

"All I can say is, it's about time." - Ranch Wilder
                Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post

it needs to be in place for position coaches and assistants, not head coaches.
                  I believe it has been spread to front office openings too. And I don't remember exactly what it's called or how it works, but isn't there an organization for black coaches that helps them get started in the NFL? I remember hearing about it before...

Another thing I'd like to see is a rule that allows teams to interview and offer coordinator jobs to position coaches. One of the reasons it took Mike Tomlin longer to get a Defensive Coordinator job was because Tampa didn't allow its position coaches to interview for coordinator jobs. Same reason Marinelli was never a coordinator before either iirc. I know a lot of teams will allow it, I think I've only heard of Tampa and Oakland ever not allowing someone to, but since they have the rule that you have to allow your coordinators to interview head coaching jobs, I don't see why this one wouldn't work either.

It would help spread some new blood in the coaching ranks around too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post

Childress? He never called plays in Philly, but he was considered to be a hot coaching candidate that off season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                      I don't see how anyone can implement their own philosophy in 6 weeks, and he doesn't even have that.

Not to mention, he didn't get to set up the season with his own training camp and mini-camps.

I'm not saying that he'll have zero impact on the way this team performs from here on out. But what I am saying is that if the team performs poorly, it's hardly his fault.

I guess I agree that they can use this time as a bit of an interview, but it just doesn't mean that much in the end (to me anyways).
                      He should be held accountable for the defenses performance for this whole year so that is something to consider.

Comment

well...hope the Falcons don't like their coach. Packers are on a 2 game getting-the-opposing-coach-fired streak.

Better start workin' on that resume, Mr. Smith.

and, yes, i'm kidding. i am fully aware that Mike Smith isn't gonna get fired.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                          well...hope the Falcons don't like their coach. Packers are on a 2 game getting-the-opposing-coach-fired streak.

Better start workin' on that resume, Mr. Smith.

and, yes, i'm kidding. i am fully aware that Mike Smith isn't gonna get fired.
                          What a LOSER. NO WAY Mike Smith gets fires.

I swear the posting talent around here goes downhill DAILY.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post

Said he was kidding at the bottom....

BTW - Teams who may need an OC next year beware.....Chillyball might be coming to your town! I'll take the Dr. Martz/Mr. Jekyll routine any day over that BS....

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                              Yeah, the Rooney Rule was good once upon a time to spread diversity, but I think it's outlived it's purpose. If you're a good coaching candidate, regardless of your skin color, you're going to get your chances to land a HC job.
                              That's how you feel. How would you know if that's how every other owner and/or GM felt? It obviously should be that way, but nobody can say for sure whether some minority candidate got overlooked for the wrong reasons if it wasn't in place. Does it probably need tweeked? Yea, but it was obviously needed for a reason and it's not hurting anyone, only helping.

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post

So you haven't noticed how different Dallas has been the past few weeks? I still don't want Garrett to be the future Head Coach but it's as obvious as day the contrast between the team since he's taken over. The players quit on Wade, nobody was ever really worried about accountability, list goes on and on. It can take a week to implement the things you want to play for, and with someone like Frazier who knows the team and one side of the ball well it's not gonna be tough.

Remember how hard the Niners played for Singletary after Nolan was fired? Not saying the interim should always take over if he does a good job, but alot of times the team isn't buying into what the former HC is trying to sell. If Jason Garrett took over and the team still came out and played like **** everybody would still blame him, but it's his job to see if he can change the culture and get the team back to playing competitive ball.

I think they should have made this move sooner honestly, Frazier is a good coach that I think they'll want to play hard for.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post

The irony of this is you didn't even read his whole post, which you still quoted.

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information