X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good move by the Vikes.

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
      What a LOSER. NO WAY Mike Smith gets fires.

I swear the posting talent around here goes downhill DAILY.
      history doesn't lie, man.

first, Wade Phillips, now Chilly. Mike Smith will OBVIOUSLY be fired a week from today.

All the Bill Bellicheck haters can start writing the Packers "Thank You" cards now, because the Patriots are on the schedule in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        Yeah, the Rooney Rule was good once upon a time to spread diversity, but I think it's outlived it's purpose. If you're a good coaching candidate, regardless of your skin color, you're going to get your chances to land a HC job.

As to mid-season changes......I think it might be to appease the fan base and/or to try and spark your players. It's worked for the Cowboys so far....same damn team but new coach, and they're 2-0 since then.

Plus, it's a chance to give the replacement a long job interview as has been said. If he does well and the team responds to him, great...now you know he's a guy you might be able to win with moving forward.
        Without it, the Steelers would never have interviewed Tomlin or the Bucs in Morris. It's still useful.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Hellen Keller saw this one coming from the grave...

I'm surprised it took this long, and I figured since he got through the last few weeks, he might be safe until the offseason, but now we get to see what Frazier has.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
            Without it, the Steelers would never have interviewed Tomlin or the Bucs in Morris. It's still useful.
            I'm pretty sure the Steelers would have interviewed Tomlin anyway, but I doubt the Bucs would have interviewed Morris. I agree though that it is a good rule, and there really is nothing wrong with it being implemented.

Comment

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEeEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                Well, I'm sure you know the whole rumor with the Steelers and Tomlin. So there, yeah, it worked.

But the Bucs and Morris? I think they knew he was destined to go somewhere else and the decided to end the Gruden experiment and plug him in before the lost him. I'm not sure they interviewed him because of the rule then chose him to be coach....that would just be unusual to do with a guy already on your staff I think.

But, for example, the Cowboys could really end up screwed by it. If Garrett keeps doing well and keeps the team winning, it'll be very hard to convince any minority candidate to come in when it becomes clear they'd like to keep Garrett.

I just think that the NFL coaching ranks are so competitive that you just can't pass over a guy because of something absurd like race anymore. I know not everyone probably thinks like that, especially with a lot of older owners and such who grew up in an era where stuff like that was ok...but I think it could at least be altered a bit to make hires from within exempt or something.

If there's a place that could use it, it's college football. There's still a lot of issues there every year when minority candidates are passed over.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                  history doesn't lie, man.

first, Wade Phillips, now Chilly. Mike Smith will OBVIOUSLY be fired a week from today.

All the Bill Bellicheck haters can start writing the Packers "Thank You" cards now, because the Patriots are on the schedule in a few weeks.
                  LMFAO 10char

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Comment

Dungy time!!!
                    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                      YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEeEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      This matches your avi perfectly...

Comment

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
                        What a LOSER. NO WAY Mike Smith gets fires.

I swear the posting talent around here goes downhill DAILY.
                        Youve been on this board for like four months.......

Originally posted by WMD
                        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                        Originally posted by gpngc
                        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

I could literally cry I'm so happy right now.
                          SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

This is depressing news. I'm gonna miss that putz running things in Minnesota

Comment

Just to throw out a bunch of metaphors here, Brett Favre was the turd in the punchbowl, the biggest knife in Childress' back, & the thousand-pound gorilla in the Vikes living rm.

You can't ignore him & his career crash & burn as a big factor in this. I gert the feeling he's smiling somewhere now, he gets to play his Maybe I Won't Retire this Offseason peekaboo game with another HC. If Frazier wants to establish control & put his signature ont eh team, his 1st act s/b to tell Favre to GTFO.

Although obviously similar to the Dallas situation, this was actually worse & they had more to lose. Minnesota was a better team with more talent & had a higher power rating going into the season, & remember that they thrashed Dallas at home in the playoffs last yr. Ironic that both HC firings occurred after a horrible loss to the Packers.

Comment

Ahhh the coaching move will prolly make the Vikes play better. As I said last night, they had to make a change. The next change may have to be to T Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information