X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilly isnt gonna be Chilly in Minny anymore

cause he wont be there.

Jay_Glazer Jay Glazer
    Breaking news: brad childress has been fired as head coach of the minnesota vikins!

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

took long enough

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Comment

Can't say I'm shocked.

Comment

It's about damn time.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

@Adam_Schefter Vikings have fired Brad Childress and named Leslie Frazier interim coach.

Comment

Go go Leslie Frazier! He finally gets a shot.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

And if the decide to keep Leslie, he qualifies for the Rooney Rule.

At least we got to beat the Childress-led Vikings once this year.

Comment

LOLOLOL.

I really think Childress was an idiot as a coach, but what good does it do to get rid of him in the middle of a season? Was he refusing to bench Favre? I really don't get the mid-season changes most of the time.

I'm not saying he should have been coaching this team at all, but once you put him in place at the beginning of the year, why take him out before the end?

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  And if the decide to keep Leslie, he qualifies for the Rooney Rule.

At least we got to beat the Childress-led Vikings once this year.
                  The most awesome rule in football. If you have a black candidate, you don't have to interview anyone else, but if your candidate is white, you must find a black candidate. I mean, imagine a team that's 1-7, fires their head coach, and promotes a white candidate into the interim HC role. Then they win a few games and the team wants to retain him. . . but they can't. They must interview a black guy so they can say "no thanks".
                  Last edited by descendency; 11-22-2010, 11:23 AM.
                  **** her in da *****!

Comment

I wonder if the locker room erupted in cheers and Brett Favre cried again, only this time tears of happiness.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

I wonder if he gets a OC job..in the offseason

and he gets 13mill to stay home?

Comment

Dreams Do Come True!!!

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          LOLOLOL.

I really think Childress was an idiot as a coach, but what good does it do to get rid of him in the middle of a season? Was he refusing to bench Favre? I really don't get the mid-season changes most of the time.

I'm not saying he should have been coaching this team at all, but once you put him in place at the beginning of the year, why take him out before the end?
                          Frazier is a potential replacement, so now he gets a 6 week job interview.

Comment

LOLOLOL.

I really think Childress was an idiot as a coach, but what good does it do to get rid of him in the middle of a season?
                            What good would it do to fire Wade Phillips and promote Jason Garrett to Head Coach?

This should have been done weeks ago, maybe when they had 5 or 6 losses. Hell I would have done it before Randy was let go, made no sense to bring him back then. I think it's fairly obvious the reasons this was done right now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

LOLOLOL.

The most awesome rule in football. If you have a black candidate, you don't have to interview anyone else, but if your candidate is white, you must find a black candidate. I mean, imagine a team that's 1-7, fires their head coach, and promotes a white candidate into the interim HC role. Then they win a few games and the team wants to retain him. . . but they can't. They must interview a black guy so they can say "no thanks".

Yeah, the Rooney Rule was good once upon a time to spread diversity, but I think it's outlived it's purpose. If you're a good coaching candidate, regardless of your skin color, you're going to get your chances to land a HC job.

As to mid-season changes......I think it might be to appease the fan base and/or to try and spark your players. It's worked for the Cowboys so far....same damn team but new coach, and they're 2-0 since then.

Plus, it's a chance to give the replacement a long job interview as has been said. If he does well and the team responds to him, great...now you know he's a guy you might be able to win with moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information