Nfl Dui's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
    I was a bouncer in a bar for a year and a half. I was shocked by how many people would get drunk and then drive. A TON of people drink and drive. Way more than get caught. The problem is alcohol is big business in this country and nobody wants to mess with that too much by making punishment for drunk driving so severe that people drink less. It's not just an NFL problem. The NFL's punishments should be a distant second to legal punishment in severity.
    Originally posted by Brent View Post
    in College Station, we had a student organization that would give people rides home for free from the bars to keep people from drinking and driving, it was so ******* awesome.
    I agree. People are going to do dumb things, like drink and drive, whether or not they are NFL ball players or not. The only difference is how high they can run up the tab.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Not one Dallas Cowboy. (knocks on wood) 8)

Comment

DUIs are a ******* joke. So many people get unwarranted DUIs.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          DUIs are a ******* joke. So many people get unwarranted DUIs.
          No offense but how the **** do you get an unwarranted dui haha

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
            See: Williams, Mike.

Comment

I'll give you a personal example: when I was a junior in college, my roommate was driving home at 2 AM from a friend's apartment. According to the officer, he did not stop long enough at the stop sign (this is a street which has about as much traffic as a road in the Yukon) which the officer felt was grounds for him to pull my friend over, under the pretense that he might be intoxicated behind the wheel (lol-worthy).

He asked my friend to get out of the car, and then subjected my roommate to a sobriety field test. For clarification's sake: my roommate is Mormon. They don't ******* drink; hell, they don't even have caffeine.

He passed the test with flying colors (obviously), and he ask the officer to breathalyze him, to show that he would have 0.0, but DUIs don't require that because DUI can be applied to just about any thing, even ******* OTC cold medication.

He was placed under arrest and challenged it in court, etc., but the point is that, by its definition, a DUI offense can be abused.

Comment

Ok and thats a good example but I cant see many cops doing that, I know most of the dick cops where I am always breathalyze so I think thats weird they would do it for your friend. I mean I am really the last person to defend police because I live in a small town where they go out of their way to harass people, but I just think DUI's, outside of bs like what you described, are pretty big offenses.

Originally posted by WMD
                Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                Originally posted by gpngc
                I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Ok and thats a good example but I cant see many cops doing that, I know most of the dick cops where I am always breathalyze so I think thats weird they would do it for your friend. I mean I am really the last person to defend police because I live in a small town where they go out of their way to harass people, but I just think DUI's, outside of bs like what you described, are pretty big offenses.
                  it happens far more often than you think.

Comment

Although I think even if you have 1 drink, you shouldn't drive at all. But, however, cops seem to be huge A**holes when it comes to DUIs. Trust me, I've been through stupid checkpoints and pulled over without cause completely sober and put through all those tests twice already and both times when it came up .00, they still basically acted like douche bags. Tests are ridiculous. I mean, not many people can recite their ABCs backwards without stopping and pausing to think about it. Doesn't mean your drunk.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information