Nfl Dui's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfl Dui's

Saw this on another board, though it was intresting. This is all since Stallworths arrest..

Arrested while on NFL roster:

Mike Williams WR Buccaneers
    Raheem Brock DL Seahawks
    Dwayne Jarrett WR Panthers
    DJ Williams LB Broncos
    Andy Moeller OL Coach Ravens
    Chris Mosley DL Coach Buccaneers
    Fili Moala DL Colts
    Gerard Lawson CB Browns
    Quinton Ganther RB Seahawks
    Ray McDonald DL 49er's
    Tom Lewand President Lions
    Joey Porter LB Cardinals
    Ronnie Browns RB Dolphins
    Spencer Havner TE Packers
    Will Allen CB Dolphins
    Byron Westbrook CB Redskins
    Rey Maualuga LB Bengals
    Eric Weems WR Atlanta Falcons
    Cedric Griffin CB Vikings
    Taj Smith WR Colts
    Bobby McCray DL Saints
    Chris Davis WR Titans
    Owen Schmitt FB Seahawks
    Leon Hall CB Bengals
    Brandon Walker OL Texans

Former NFL Players

Bruce Smith DE Bills
    Warren Moon QB Oilers
    Dave Pastorini QB Oilers
    Charles Rogers WR Lions
    Reggie Rogers DL Lions (6th offense)

Arrested at College, then onto NFL roster:

Rod Owens WR Patriots/Rams (Arrested at FSU)
    Anthony Dixon RB 49ers (arrested at Mississippi State)
    Jerrrey Fitzgerald DL Chiefs (arrested at Kansas State)
    Carlos Dunlap DL Bengals (arrested at UF)
    http://www.shotofginn.com/search/label/DUI

Now how hard should players be punished? Take fan biase out of it, peoples lives are on the line how much would you fine and how long should players be suspended? I think this is a pretty big deal.
    bill belichick quote:
    stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Players are getting harsher punishments for some hits on the field but not for putting people's lives at risk through drunk driving.

NFL is funny like that sometimes.

If it were up to me, DUI's would be an automatic one game ban. If they're over the legal limit (which Mike Williams wasn't, apparently).
    Just play me, baby

Comment

I don't personally drink and drive, but let's be realistic here; punishment isn't going to be a great deterrent for these players.

The league would be better off setting up some sort of service that not only will pick you up, but also drive your car home for you (because the real inconvenience of calling a cab is that you have to pick your car up in the morning). Make it extremely hassle free for the players so they actually use it.

The owners have a little bit of an incentive to help fund this service as well because it will help clean up some of the image of the NFL as well as keep their players on the field (instead of sitting out due to suspensions).

Now I don't know if this would actually work, but I think you would see better results out of it than you would throwing fines around. Though I guess fines at least can help charities.

Edit:

I would also like to point out that this problem isn't even really NFL related. I mean DUI's (and the consequences related to them) are a global problem and need to be fixed on a much larger scale. Though I'm fine with trying to clean up any part of the problem.
      Last edited by Bengalsrocket; 11-22-2010, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
        I don't personally drink and drive, but let's be realistic here; punishment isn't going to be a great deterrent for these players.

The league would be better off setting up some sort of service that not only will pick you up, but also drive your car home for you (because the real inconvenience of calling a cab is that you have to pick your car up in the morning). Make it extremely hassle free for the players so they actually use it.

The owners have a little bit of an incentive to help fund this service as well because it will help clean up some of the image of the NFL as well as keep their players on the field (instead of sitting out due to suspensions).

Now I don't know if this would actually work, but I think you would see better results out of it than you would throwing fines around. Though I guess fines at least can help charities.
        Can I get a babysitter too?

These are grown men.
        Just play me, baby

Comment

Edit:

I would also like to point out that this problem isn't even really NFL related. I mean DUI's (and the consequences related to them) are a global problem and need to be fixed on a much larger scale. Though I'm fine with trying to clean up any part of the problem.
          There already is a free car service.

These things happened despite the fact most teams in the league offer some form of car service intended to keep players (and coaches, trainers, scouts and front office executives) away from the kind of incident that Edwards found himself in last week. The league has a contract with a company through which individual teams can subcontract car services. (The NFLPA recently ended its relationship with Safe Rides Solutions and contracted with another company called Corporate Security Solutions; the NFL still uses Safe Rides Solutions for all non-players and NFL corporate employees.) The Jets are among the 22 teams in the league, according to information given to The Associated Press, which provide car service to players for their personal use. The Jets use PlayerProtect, a New York/New Jersey firm that provides armed security from current or former law-enforcement agents and a 24-hour driving service.
          http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/comme...jackson/101001

Players are just being chumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
            There already is a free car service.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/comme...jackson/101001

Players are just being chumps.
            That makes me think even less of these players.
            bill belichick quote:
            stats are for losers. the final score is for winners.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen

Comment

Edit:

Nothing against you dude but they could just be ******* responsible, i mean grow the **** up. Its not really that hard to get a dd. And as far as giving them a free service, why? Some, not all, of these guys are making hundreds of thousands of dollars to a million dollars and they cant pay for a ******* cab fair.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
              Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex

Comment

I was a bouncer in a bar for a year and a half. I was shocked by how many people would get drunk and then drive. A TON of people drink and drive. Way more than get caught. The problem is alcohol is big business in this country and nobody wants to mess with that too much by making punishment for drunk driving so severe that people drink less. It's not just an NFL problem. The NFL's punishments should be a distant second to legal punishment in severity.
                Last edited by Halsey; 11-22-2010, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HawkEye30 View Post
                  Nothing against you dude but they could just be ******* responsible, i mean grow the **** up. Its not really that hard to get a dd. And as far as giving them a free service, why? Some, not all, of these guys are making hundreds of thousands of dollars to a million dollars and they cant pay for a ******* cab fair.
                  I never said free. I did say the owner's have a reason to fund it, but I never said free.

And for everyone saying "it's not that hard to avoid DD", I don't disagree. However, even though it easy, that doesn't mean people will do it. And if they aren't going to avoid drunk driving, then why not attempt to help them out?

Comment

I never said free. I did say the owner's have a reason to fund it, but I never said free.

And for everyone saying "it's not that hard to avoid DD", I don't disagree. However, even though it easy, that doesn't mean people will do it. And if they aren't going to avoid drunk driving, then why not attempt to help them out?
                    See my post. The league already has a car service for the players.

Comment

http://blog.sandiegoduilawyer.com/20...entage-of.html

Why I don't particularly care about DUIs.

Comment

in College Station, we had a student organization that would give people rides home for free from the bars to keep people from drinking and driving, it was so ******* awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

lol, look at all the Texas cities.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            lol, look at all the Texas cities.
                            That's how they all are now. The jurisdictions are all cash strapped, and a DUI conviction makes the city a lot of money.

Comment

Not now, have to make sure no one is hitting anyone too hard - NFL

Originally posted by WMD
                              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                              Originally posted by gpngc
                              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information