No announcement yet.

Most overrated player on your favorite team: 2010 edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On offense, I'll say our entire OL actually. Roos has been good, but everyone else has been a let down. CJ runs into a brick wall more times than not. The coaches definitely over-rate Justin Gage though, seeing how much playing time he's getting. I miss Britt... :(

On defense, I'll say Cortland Finnegan. I don't know if it's the scheme or what, but still, he hasn't made as many plays this year. But he kinda gets this by default, since the rest of the defense has either accurately rated or under-rated guys.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Olin Kreutz and Charles Tillman

Comment

Lee Evans and Jairus Byrd

Byrd has been downright awful... so bad, that even after getting 9 interceptions last year. He already lost his starting job

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
          Odds a Packer fan posts in this thread?

I would bet a million dollars they don't
          I came here just to post that none of our players are overrated. They're all super studs.
          That damn injury bug hit, and everyone is still producing. Bunch of animals we are.

But in all seriousness, I'm going to go with Nick Collins. He hasn't been bad this year, but with the way our defense is playing I'd expect a lot more production. After getting that big contract and playing behind a very stout defense, I was hoping for a bit more.

Charles Woodson could be considered overrated as well, since some people consider him the best player on our defense, and he isn't even the best corner anymore. He's still playing very well though, just not on the same level as say last season.

Donald Driver could be nominated as well. He looks to have lost a step (though injuries are to blame). James Jones and Jordy NelsonzzZz could pass him up sooner than later.

Comment

Shonn Greene. That pains me to say it considering how much money this guy was in the postseason but I say he is overrated alone by the fact that he was considered a top 10 PLAYER IN FANTASY FOOTBALL THIS YEAR. Maybe I am mad since I got auto'd him for my team and he has done absolutely nothing but man.

He can't block well, gets fortunate every once in a while as a catching RB, has fumbling issues. He can get 4 yards or so per carry sure but there are so many empty holes in his game that have stopped him from shooting up to the next level for young RBs. I keep seeing Brandon Jacobs in him....and the more recent Jacobs not the one of old.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              ATTENTION!

To posters who may not know, the Packers have had injuries this year. Can't forget that we need to remind everyone in every thread that is started on here.
              Hey wait, hold on....

Tom Brady is better then Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning is overrated.

There. Gotta have that in every single thread as well.
              Last edited by General Zod; 11-23-2010, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Odds a Packer fan posts in this thread?

I would bet a million dollars they don't
                This year, it's gotta be Charles Woodson and Nick Collins on the defensive side of the ball. On offense? That's tough. Without Finley and Grant, it's hard to call anyone overrated since the offense is producing at a high level. Driver is playing the same game he always does but the WRs behind him are developing and becoming better and better by the week. They offer more explosiveness than Driver, by far.

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                Hey wait, hold on....

Tom Brady is better then Payton Manning. Payton Manning is overrated.

There. Gotta have that in every single thread as well.
                With the amount of times these guys have been mentioned, you would think we could spell their names correctly.

Comment

Peyton, Payton, wt f ever. You get the point.

Comment

For the Bears, I think it is Olin Kreutz. He used to be considered one of the top centers in the league. I'm not sure if people still consider him to be that great but he is just one of many on the Chicago line that is playing poorly the last two years.

Originally posted by SolidGold
                    Bortlezzzzzzz
                    Originally posted by Monomach
                    Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                      Lee Evans and Jairus Byrd

Byrd has been downright awful... so bad, that even after getting 9 interceptions last year. He already lost his starting job
                      I came into the thread thinking it had to be Evans or Moorman (if only because we had long referred to him as our best player, and he was one of the more popular punters in the league). But Byrd would be quite correct. He's nothing without Schobel.

Evans doesn't play nearly up to his contract. But coming off of last year, his profile wasn't so high and it seems to be pretty widely accepted now that Stevie is our #1. Evans is still making plenty of plays in the deep game, but doesn't get the consistent targets that go to Johnson and the slot receivers in the new offense. He still has very good hands, but he doesn't get the space that the others do. Overrated, yes, but not criminally. Since Fitzpatrick took over, his pace would put him at 900 yards and 8 TD as a #2 option that usually sees #1 coverage. Not so bad. He just shouldn't be making $7 million.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        Olin Kreutz and Charles Tillman
                        Yep. It never ceases to amaze me that some folks still think Tillman can cover and Kreutz can block.

Comment

Nick Collins. He's been our 4th best DB this year. Still a good safety but he's not really pro bowl caliber, he doesn't bring anything really special to the table.

Charles Woodson. Only because he's playing at a pro-bowl and not DPOY level.

Uh.. before this last game I would have went with Greg Jennings but he made up for some poor games with that.

James Jones. Announcers seem to make one believe he could be a #1 WR on a lot of teams. Packer fans cringe and cross their fingers when he catches the ball. Has poor hands and can't hold onto the ball to save his life.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                            I completely forgot about Chambers, so you're probably right, haha.
                            I don't even know that Chambers is rated...so I'll stick with Waters.

For the Pats...

Matt Light?

Comment

Dielman, Sproles or Castillo, especially if contracts are a factor. Sproles has been coming on lately, however.
                              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                                Tell that to some of the Miami media and fans. They thought he would be much better this year but he's still the same player like he always is. Almost every year its the same stuff. He would have a couple good plays in preseason then everyone thinks its the year he will take it to the next step and make some plays but he hardly ever does.
                                I actually visited Miami the week he was allegedly spat at by McClain, and all the fans seem to think he sucked, and deserved everything that he gets.

There was that occasional fan that defended him, but about 80% of the fans seem to think he is completely useless.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information