Most overrated player on your favorite team: 2010 edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most overrated player on your favorite team: 2010 edition

Since we have a thread telling us who we're missing on other teams, here's a thread to set everyone straight on why somebody isn't actually that good. There's an old version of this thread but it's from May of 09 and this stuff changes from year to year.

For the Colts I'll nominate Gary Brackett. It's funny because for several years he was so underrated that all people would talk about is how underrated he is. So now it's gone too far in the other direction. He has battled injuries but this year when he's been in the game he's been a bad tackler, slower in coverage, and the defense as a whole isn't as sharp. As captain of the D that partially falls on him. I've never liked him that much because overachievers eventually come back to earth and I figured it was only a matter of time. I don't think it will take long for Pat Angerer to take his spot as starter.

I guess I'd go with Brian Waters. He is thought of (by a lot of Chiefs fans) as the best OL we have, but he has been constantly beat and looked lost out there. Asamoah is the future and may be ready to take over for him now.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Ahmad Brooks

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Not many people on the 49ers are overrated. Before this weekend it was probably Troy Smith by default but I guess I will say Aubrayo Franklin. He was very good last year and hasn't been bad this year but is a complete product of Justin Smith's dominance, imo.

Comment

Tyvon Branch.

He's still living off his reputation as a good player from last year. He's been a liability all year, and that's putting it kindly.
          Just play me, baby

Comment

troy polamalu and hines ward

both are great players, but notoriously overrated by most steeler fans...especially ward. ward is a great slot receiver and move the chains kind of guy but he held out in 05 and wanted top 5 WR money and never once produced like a top 5 WR.

i hate criticizing troy in public places, you get hanged for that. hes too much a fan favorite. dont get me wrong, hes a great SS, but he could really do things alot better in some areas and he cant stay healthy because he trains like a figure skater during the offseason and does yoga with carrots and celery up his ass. couple that with his small size and torpedo style of play you get injuries
            E]

Comment

In this order.

1A. DJ Williams
              1B. Brian Dawkins

At the rate Dawk is playing, he will soon be 1A. I have never intently followed DJ, but I think most super observant Broncos fans will agree that he has a severe problem shedding blocks and stopping runs for losses. He collects all his tackles 5 yards or more down field, which is not impressive. He has lost the explosion he once had as a rookie. Too bad we ****ed around with him at every position in the world, he could have been all-pro had he stuck to one position and mastered it (aka his original position) his 90 madden rating must be a product of the fact that he collects all his tackles by default, since we have the worst front 7 in football.
              Last edited by Jimmy; 11-23-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Rashean Mathis, although nobody really thinks he's that good anymore. He had two years where he was a top five corner and then came crashing back down to earth.

Comment

No one, not a blessed soul. The defense is a bunch of no names with Phillips and Jammer standing out and playing well.

The offense is Rivers and his merry band of injury substitutes. I guess Dielman is kind of having a down year by his standards.

Comment

Many opposing fans still seem to think Marion Barber is actually good. He'd be a good candidate for most overrated player for us...although, most Cowboys fans agree that he is pretty terrible these days.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Josh Cribbs :\

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                        No one, not a blessed soul. The defense is a bunch of no names with Phillips and Jammer standing out and playing well.

The offense is Rivers and his merry band of injury substitutes. I guess Dielman is kind of having a down year by his standards.
                        I'd go with Eric Weddle. The perception with the media and fans outside of SD is that he's an okay player.

But he is far, far, far from okay.

Comment

Jordan Gross

Great RT. Had a decent season a few years ago playing LT for first time, after that....mehh

Twitter @mario_clp

Comment

Favre and McKinnie and even Jared Allen. All three have been pretty terrible this year. Goes along with the season but thank god for yesterday.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I think some would think Jenkins is overrated but I don't think it's a secret what type of year he had. Had a good season then a down year.

It's actually a tough pick because I feel like most of the guys on our team who are trash most know it now. But I'd have to go with Bradie James. There are some people who think he's a good player for some reason but he's not.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information