Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J-Mike's All-Pro Team Offense, week 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • J-Mike's All-Pro Team Offense, week 12

    First Team Offense
    QB- Phillip Rivers -Threatening Marino's passing record averaging 317 yards a game, and leads NFL with 23 passing TDs. Easy call here.
    RB- Arian Foster -Only 1,000-yard rusher so far, averages 5.2 per carry
    RB- Adrian Peterson -#2 in rushing, and has eliminated fumblitis
    TE- Antonio Gates -Leads all TE's in yards and touchdowns. 87% of his catches are for first downs!
    WR- Roddy White -By far the most dominant WR in the league this year
    WR- Brandon Lloyd -Leads NFL in yards with 1,046. Tied with White in TD catches with 7.

    Offensive Line:
    Unlike the old Dr. Z, I don't have access to, or the time to review in-the-trenches video of the interior line play, plus the network telecast doesn't show it well enough.

    But I do know the Giants, Colts, Saints, and Patriots have allowed the fewest sacks in the league at 12-14. Much of that has to do with the QB too.

    I also know the Chiefs & Raiders lead the league in rushing yardage and are averaging 4.8 per carry. The Texans are averaging 4.9 per carry and have 15 rushing TDs. The Eagles have the Vick factor raising their averages, but they're at 5.4 per carry, and 3rd in total yards rushing. They have allowed 28 sacks though which is terrible, compared to the 12 & 14 allowed by the Giants, Saints, Colts, and Patriots.

    So based on that, I give the 5 OL positions to 1 each from:
    Patriots
    Giants
    Jets
    Chiefs
    Texans

    Fans of those 5 teams: tell me who your best OL has been this year. Not who was the highest draft pick, but who has performed the best. I'd like to make a case for RG Josh Sitton for my team.
    Here's the blocking data stats: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...S&d-447263-n=1

    My 2nd Team Offense is:
    QB- Michael Vick -Everyone is aware of his running ability, the best-ever, but he also leads the NFL in passer rating, and has thrown ZERO interceptions. His avg per pass is 2nd, trailing only Rivers. Vick has an 11-0 TD-Int ratio. What more can a QB do?
    RB- Darren McFadden -4th in rushing, 5.2 per carry
    RB- Chris Johnson -3rd in yards rushing, + 9 TDs
    WR- Hakeem Nicks (he'll fade being out now.. Steve Johnson or Dwayne Bowe replaces him, edging Reggie Wayne who's avg is way down)
    WR- Terrell Owens -8 TDs, 3rd in yards

    Offensive Line:
    Colts, Saints, Raiders, Jets, and Packers (RG Josh Sitton) each get a guy on the 2nd team. My LT Chad Clifton is close... if he blanks John Abraham this weekend, he's on the team!

    Now, on DEFENSE, I could just wing it and pretend I know.... but I really only have had the opportunity to study the offenses this year.
    Yourfavestoner and some other guys here, help me out on that side of the ball. I don't have the Sunday Ticket this year and have been watching games running a Sports Bar here, so I mostly focus in on offenses.

    Does ProFootballFocus or FootballOutsiders have stats of defensive guys?
    I'm curious to see where CB Tramon Williams ranks.

  • #2
    Chad Greenway deserves to be on an All Pro team. Dude has been nothing short of phenomenal.

    Bonekrusher.

    Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Guys on D who I've personally seen pretty extensively and have been lights out:

      DT: Haloti Ngata
      OLB: Shaun Phillips
      MLB/ILB: Lawrence Timmons
      CB: Champ Bailey (other than the Dwayne Bowe game, he's had an awesome year)
      CB: Aquib Talib

      Comment


      • #4
        Claw Matthews.
        Nhanakfmougngh Suh (I don't care if he's a rookie, he's the best 4-3 DT in the game)
        Julius Peppers

        Are the three from the North I think you have to take. I think Tramon Williams has a valid case but probably hard to fit him in an all-pro team.


        When being a fanboi goes too far.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
          Claw Matthews.
          Nhanakfmougngh Suh (I don't care if he's a rookie, he's the best 4-3 DT in the game)
          Julius Peppers

          Are the three from the North I think you have to take. I think Tramon Williams has a valid case but probably hard to fit him in an all-pro team.
          All excellent calls as well. Completely forgot about Peppers, he's been lights out even though it doesn't reflect on the stat sheet.

          TJ Ward is another rookie who has been outstanding.

          Comment


          • #6
            Some names that should be in concideration...

            QB: Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Michael Vick.

            RB: Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Hillis, Chris Johsnson, Darren McFadden (bar steelers game), Jamaal Charles.

            WR: Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe. (long shot Mike Wallace, that would be awesome)

            TE: Antonio Gates, Jacob Tamme, Marcedes Lewis (TD machine)

            O-Line: Jake Long, Josh Sitton, Maurkice Pouncey, Sebastian Vollmer.

            DE: Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Osi Umenyiora, Trent Cole.

            DT: Haloti Ngata, Ndamukong Suh, Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, Antonio Dixon, Antonio Garay.

            OLB: (3-4) Clay Matthews, James Harrison, Cameron Wake, Tamba Hali, Shaun Phillips.

            OLB: (4-3) Chad Greenway, Geno Hayes, James Anderson, Lance Briggs.

            ILB: Lawrence Timmons, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Jerod Mayo, Derrick Johnson, Desmond Bishop, Stephen Tulloch.

            CB: Nnamdi Asamugha (when healthy), Brandon Flowers, Champ Bailey, Tramon Williams, Vontae Davis, Terell Thomas, Asante Samuel.

            S: Troy Polamalu, LaRon Landry, Nate Allen, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, TJ Ward (3 ROOKIES?)


            My picks:

            QB: Phillip Rivers

            RB: Arian Foster
            RB: Adrian Peterson

            WR: Roddy White
            WR: Calvin Johnson
            WR: Brandon Lloyd

            TE: Antonio Gates
            TE: Jacob Tamme

            DE: Julius Peppers
            DE: Trent Cole

            DT: Haloti Ngata
            DT: Ndamukong Suh

            OLB: Clay Matthews
            OLB: James Harrison

            ILB: Lawrence Timmons
            ILB: Patrick Willis

            CB: Nnamdi Asmugha
            CB: Brandon Flowers

            S: Troy Polamalu
            S: LaRon Landry

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jakey View Post
              Some names that should be in concideration...

              QB: Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Michael Vick.

              RB: Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson, Peyton Hillis, Chris Johsnson, Darren McFadden (bar steelers game), Jamaal Charles.

              WR: Roddy White, Brandon Lloyd, Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Bowe. (long shot Mike Wallace, that would be awesome)

              TE: Antonio Gates, Jacob Tamme, Marcedes Lewis (TD machine)

              O-Line: Jake Long, Josh Sitton, Maurkice Pouncey, Sebastian Vollmer.

              DE: Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Osi Umenyiora, Trent Cole.

              DT: Haloti Ngata, Ndamukong Suh, Vince Wilfork, Casey Hampton, Antonio Dixon, Antonio Garay.

              OLB: (3-4) Clay Matthews, James Harrison, Cameron Wake, Tamba Hali, Shaun Phillips.

              OLB: (4-3) Chad Greenway, Geno Hayes, James Anderson, Lance Briggs.

              ILB: Lawrence Timmons, Patrick Willis, Ray Lewis, Jerod Mayo, Derrick Johnson, Desmond Bishop, Stephen Tulloch.

              CB: Nnamdi Asamugha (when healthy), Brandon Flowers, Champ Bailey, Tramon Williams, Vontae Davis, Terell Thomas, Asante Samuel.

              S: Troy Polamalu, LaRon Landry, Nate Allen, Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, TJ Ward (3 ROOKIES?)


              My picks:

              QB: Phillip Rivers

              RB: Arian Foster
              RB: Adrian Peterson

              WR: Roddy White
              WR: Calvin Johnson
              WR: Brandon Lloyd

              TE: Antonio Gates
              TE: Jacob Tamme

              DE: Julius Peppers
              DE: Trent Cole

              DT: Haloti Ngata
              DT: Ndamukong Suh

              OLB: Clay Matthews
              OLB: James Harrison

              ILB: Lawrence Timmons
              ILB: Patrick Willis

              CB: Nnamdi Asmugha
              CB: Brandon Flowers

              S: Troy Polamalu
              S: LaRon Landry
              Looks pretty good to me, but I thought I saw Flowers get torched in the Broncos game. To me, a 1st team All-Pro can't have gotten torched like that so far, because there are some who haven't yet.... but I could be mixing him up with someone. Same thing with Laron Landry. That show he and they put on against Vick, allowing the greatest game ever to a QB, tells me someone else is more deserving. Not sure who though, Nick Collins maybe? The Packers and Bears defense has allowed the fewest points...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                CB: Champ Bailey (other than the Dwayne Bowe game, he's had an awesome year)
                No offense meant towards you, but this irks me. It's funny what a highlight interception on national tv can do for the national perception of a corner. He's playing better than 90% of the corners in the nfl... I'll admit... But he is having a terrible year by champ bailey's standards. far worse than last year two years before that or any year in denver for that matter minus the injury plagued one. Where was all the love last year, when he played much better, wasn't thrown to, but got only 3 picks in non televised games?
                Last edited by Jimmy; 11-25-2010, 09:22 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                  It's funny what a highlight interception on national tv can do for the national perception of a corner.
                  That works both ways. Or are you forgetting that one bad game against the run and suddenly Antonio Cromartie was the worst player in the history of sports.


                  Or more recently, one highlight catch by Randy Moss and suddenly Darrelle Revis sucks and was never as good as Nnamdi Asomugha anyway.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                    No offense meant towards you, but this irks me. It's funny what a highlight interception on national tv can do for the national perception of a corner. He's playing better than 90% of the corners in the nfl... I'll admit... But he is having a terrible year by champ bailey's standards. far worse than last year two years before that or any year in denver for that matter minus the injury plagued one. Where was all the love last year, when he played much better, wasn't thrown to, but got only 3 picks in non televised games?
                    I actually didn't watch that much of the Chargers/Broncos game, but I saw him doing a damn good job in the Ravens and Colts games.

                    Consider the abysmal pass rush and terrible safety play, too. From what I've seen of him, he's doing pretty well.
                    Last edited by yourfavestoner; 11-25-2010, 09:31 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                      That works both ways. Or are you forgetting that one bad game against the run and suddenly Antonio Cromartie was the worst player in the history of sports.


                      Or more recently, one highlight catch by Randy Moss and suddenly Darrelle Revis sucks and was never as good as Nnamdi Asomugha anyway.
                      it absolutely works both ways. i'm not sure if that is supposed to be a counter point, but the very reason people started to hate on champ stemmed from 2007 when bailey gave up a long Overtime TD to Greg Jennings with a tweaked hammy. The main point is, you can't be the best corner in the nfl these days unless you give up 0 TD's all year and put up 7+ interceptions within the last 2 years. and if you fail to do both, you better hope you play for a small market team so you can hide from the national audience that would otherwise see you playing simply "above average."

                      it's a topic that i get heated about, because i've been watching 2 of the best corners in the nfl play for the last 5 years, and neither (Bailey & Asomugha) consistently get the credit they deserve. somebody always has something negative to say about them. They are as good at their position as manning and brady, and you don't see anyone picking them apart.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
                        Looks pretty good to me, but I thought I saw Flowers get torched in the Broncos game. To me, a 1st team All-Pro can't have gotten torched like that so far, because there are some who haven't yet.... but I could be mixing him up with someone. Same thing with Laron Landry. That show he and they put on against Vick, allowing the greatest game ever to a QB, tells me someone else is more deserving. Not sure who though, Nick Collins maybe? The Packers and Bears defense has allowed the fewest points...
                        I don't remember Flowers getting torched in that game but then again I've tried to forget everything about the Broncos game. He did get torched against the Raiders though. Ford owned him.

                        Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                          Consider the abysmal pass rush and terrible safety play, too. From what I've seen of him, he's doing pretty well.
                          well there's no doubt that when champ plays even at 90%, he is going to lock dudes down, at look great. but at this point, he's giving up at least 1-3 first downs a game. back in the day, it was considered a bad game if he gave up a catch for over 10 yards in single coverage. i will agree though, he is doing pretty well. just not by his standards.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I may be just being a homer here but I really think Devin McCourty should at least get a mention. Despite the Patriots having a really poor pass rush he ties the lead for rookie INTs with 5, 3 of his INTs have been where he outfought the WR and he has generally been amazing in coverage


                            BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                              I may be just being a homer here but I really think Devin McCourty should at least get a mention. Despite the Patriots having a really poor pass rush he ties the lead for rookie INTs with 5, 3 of his INTs have been where he outfought the WR and he has generally been amazing in coverage
                              Not being a homer at all, I love Devin. He is a stud.

                              Bonekrusher.

                              Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information